IGNORED

Welkom Inn

pascharay

We called this the Belgian Embassy back in '95.  I have gone looking for it since I came back here a year ago and can't find it.

Is it between Beach Road and 2nd Road?

Yes, coming from beachroad it is on your left hand, you have the entrance to the hotel and the beergarden/restaurant first and next door is the bar, mostly they have some women seated at the frontdoor.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Andy666 and Sexy Man, will have a look next time I have the time.

We called this the Belgian Embassy back in '95.  I have gone looking for it since I came back here a year ago and can't find it.

Is it between Beach Road and 2nd Road?

If you come from 2nd RD,may be 80 meters

from the BR you can find it on the right side.

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

• 1 year later...

What's the story on this hotel nowadays ?

A while ago, the website was offline for weeks. Going to some old website now automatically.

Did not manage to contact them by phone. Nobody answered. Are they out of business ?

Sometimes the worst decisions bring us to the best places

See my trip reports    First time out there  Second trip report   Third trip report 2016

Ah, the Belgium Embassy. I used to go to the Welkom inn almost every day on my early trips to Thailand. Was a great place and great fun. Lots of memories.

Made a few attempts over the last few years to stick my head in but there was just nothing going on.

Is it still open?

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, the Belgium Embassy. I used to go to the Welkom inn almost every day on my early trips to Thailand. Was a great place and great fun. Lots of memories.

Made a few attempts over the last few years to stick my head in but there was just nothing going on.

Is it still open?

Dont know mate,although i have never been in i walk down the soi a few times each trip,and like you i`ve never seen any signs of life,had its day in the sun maybe and now on the downwards spiral,or maybe already at the bottom,i just dont know.

rode past a few times in November in the afternoon...a few people around...not really much going on in that soi...or those few low number sois

This version of me will not stay the same, tomorrow I will be different.

yes, what is there to say? Great ST rooms

• 1 month later...

If you like bed bugs!

really? i didn't noticed them

Well I have walked past it on all my trips but never been in, but if its ST rooms are as good as Andy666 says I may give it a go next June.... :WinkGrin1:  :ThumbUp6:

Well I have walked past it on all my trips but never been in, but if its ST rooms are as good as Andy666 says I may give it a go next June.... :WinkGrin1::ThumbUp6:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/index.php?/topic/142092-Ode-to-Romance-%28-A-Pattaya-Love-Story-%29

Believe me, i've used worse ST rooms!

See link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good, clean ST rooms.

They will continue for a few more months, after that no more 'Belgian embassy' in Pattaya. I will miss the place.

mobiel

Had a couple of short times there in September, most of the ladies were below par, looks wise one was great thoe, massive naturals, all 3 holes, rooms were better than most of those on the 6.

Good, clean ST rooms.

They will continue for a few more months, after that no more 'Belgian embassy' in Pattaya. I will miss the place.

mobiel

They will stop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went there for a drink in summer of 2013.

Asked to be shown one of the rooms as I was interested to stay there on a next visit and knew someone else who was interested too.
I thought the rooms were nice, clean altough a little small.

The fact that they offered an outdated website and didn't answer telephone a few months ago seems to confirm that they are not in bussiness like before, i would think..

Here are some photos i took.

Someone seems to have taken a video from an identical room :

IMG_0387b.jpg

IMG_0388b.jpg

IMG_0389b.jpg

IMG_0390b.jpg

Sometimes the worst decisions bring us to the best places

See my trip reports    First time out there  Second trip report   Third trip report 2016

• 2 weeks later...

Due to the increased lease by the landlord, the Welkom Inn is going to close definitely on 30th of April.

In this case, nothing to do with Belgium reducing their number of embassies :-)

Thanks for the information, sad to hear but not surprising considering how the area has changed.

I hope the same does not happen to Soi 6. It stands out like a soare thumb now.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the information, sad to hear but not surprising considering how the area has changed.

I hope the same does not happen to soi 6. It stands out like a soare thumb now.

RIP WE WILL MISS

IT A LOT.DEAD AFTER MORE THAN 30 YEARS. :Cry4: :Cry4: :Cry4:

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

Archived