Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Aspen Suite Transfer - I Small A Rat

zilly

Booked the Aspen Suite in Bkk for one night in Sept and flying on to Phuket the following day. They want 1200 baht from the airport to Nana EACH WAY, I've never used a BKK taxi that distance before but I'm sure this is a scam as it's roughly the same for a Pattaya hotel to collect you.

Thoughts??? :Flying:

Edited by zilly

yeh you should get cheaper than that mate, ive paid as little as about 250 baht from the centre of bkk to suvarumbumi airport that was a thai girl who spoke to the driver before we jumped in, without the help from her though think i paid around 700 last time? still expensive i think, learn some thai to negotiate with the driver abit, always helps! have a good trip!

Just tell em to use meter. If not get another cab.

You can always jump in the front seat and when he say's "Meter No Workie" just reach up and push the start button on the meter and say..."Workie ok now", "Lets go". HE can either then say Get out and he loses the 35 or so baht that starts up the meter or he drives on. Either way you win.

Yep, hotel transfers are always costly.

On arrival, ignore all touts for taxis and limosines inside and outside the terminal.

Go to the two public taxi booths....located at either end of the terminal.

Cost will vary depending on the time of the day....between B300-B500 with tolls, plus a B50 airport surcharge.

From Nana, just hop in a cab, say "airport", point and say "meter"...and you're away.

Yep, hotel transfers are always costly.

On arrival, ignore all touts for taxis and limosines inside and outside the terminal.

Go to the two public taxi booths....located at either end of the terminal.

Cost will vary depending on the time of the day....between B300-B500 with tolls, plus a B50 airport surcharge.

From Nana, just hop in a cab, say "airport", point and say "meter"...and you're away.

That sounds about right. Last trip one of those limo people quoted me around 1500 to get to the majestic suites. I took a taxi and paid less than 400.