IGNORED

Condo / Apartment Close To Ws

Marauder

Hi,

i'm going to Pattaya in december and staying for a few days shy of a month this time. I was thinking i'd try to rent

a condo or apartment for a month since it's cheaper than a hotel. I have read most of the posts on this forum on

the subject, but there are so many conflicting opinions.

I'm looking for a place with internet in the rooms and a pool. Safe in the room and keycard system is a bonus, but not

a necessity. I would like it to be within walking distance of WS and/or on a baht bus route. I'm not interested in staying at Jomtien.

So far i'm considering Tycoon place, but it looks to be pretty far away.

Yen Sabai looks to be closer, but they don't mention if they have a pool or internet in the rooms as far as i can tell.

I've seen Centre condotel mentioned, but havn't found any website with more information.

I'd be willing to spend around 15-20k for a month. I'd be thankful for any suggestions or further information on these places.

I lived in Center Condo for a year and really liked the location. As I recall, rent was 15000,

including electric and water. The room had a private line for DSL. Before I had the DSL enabled,

I used dailup. They don't have a website since units are individually owned. If you're interested,

PM me and I can send you my former landlord's phone number. She was good about returning my security

deposit, so I'd recommend her.

Retired

There's a few things that might work against you pricewise......the time of year you are going and the length of the rental term to name are but two

Most places ad a big premium for both the shorter stays, and bookings near to Christmas. Location will be a factor too. the nearer to Walking Street you are, the more it will likely cost. So you may have to look further afield. So you may well have to up your budget.

Does it HAVE to be near Walking Street? A lot of people are turning to other areas of Pattaya and finding them better in many ways. Sois 7 and 8, the Soi Diana Inn/Soi Buakhao/Soi LK Metro areas for instance. Its not THAT difficult, or expensive to get around the town, should you need to go to Walking Street from those areas mentioned. I must admit that until a few years agon you couldnt get me to stay anywhere else than "near Walking Street" but, once i made the transition to other areas, i saw a totally different Pattaya then what i had been acustomed to. It was a "rejuvinating" experience, to say the least.

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Hi,

thanks for the replies. I have stayed several places around Pattaya before, but i always seem to end up

going to WS. Some of my favorite places are there (like TQ2), plus i tend to end up in one of the disco's

in the early hours. I also really like Soi Buokaow and the LK area, having stayed there 5-6 times before.

Soi 7/8 are a little too hectic for me, as i like to be able to walk outside my hotel without being hassled

or shouted at. I don't really see why 20k a month should be a problem, as for example Pattaya Bay Resort

is 22k + electric/water for a month during high season. Even so, this high season should see a lot of

good offers as the downturn is far from over. I expect the higher priced places to go down in price while

the cheap places fill up quickly. The question then becomes, should i wait for the bargains which may or

may not come, or book early and possibly miss out?

I just stayed in one of Dancewatchers condos in View Talay 6 next to Festival. I thought the place was great and will be staying there again. Walk out of the back gate and catch a Baht bus and be at Walking Street in 10 minutes.