IGNORED

Hotel Vista & August Suites

keris

I will be in Pattaya for 3 to 4 nights this weekend and can't decide between hotel Vista and August Suite. We are coming to Pattaya to chill out and looking to stay in a nice, clean and modern hotel with facilities (pool and gym).

Both place offers about the same price (1650B and 1500B) with breakfast included of 2 person.

The rooms in Vista is 32sqm and August a bit bigger at 40sqm.

In terms of location (Soi 4 and Central Pattaya Rd), which you reckon would be more convenient to massage parlour (traditional), eateries and malls?

Thanks in advance.

Have a brand new website here

www.hotelvista.biz/

Looks nice................but

I've booked at the August Suites seems better to me just by comparing pics.

Location is better for me too.

Are you sure its girl friendly??? ???

Edited by asiancup

hotel Vista is girl friendly.

Just make a booking for double room and leave the ID(girl or LB) at the reception.

No worries !

If willing to pay that much, why not residence garden suite at 1450

Hotel Vista is girl friendly.

Just make a booking for double room and leave the ID(girl or LB) at the reception.

No worries !

Is it really GF?

I stayed at hotel Vista, Soi 4, in June. I'd read on some board that it is GF.

Took back BG from bar at corner of Soi 4 and Second Road and was hit with 800 THB visitor fee. And, to add insult to injury, she turned out to be a starfish!

Before you book, best to send email to ask hotel to confirm policy on visitor fees. If the answer is OK, print out a copy to have with you.

Send a email ([email protected]) out to Mr Ken Kapulong the Rooms Division Manager of hotel Vista.

He'll put a note out to the front desk so you'll have no problems whatsoever.

I had 2 breakfast coupons daily and even brought my ladies for some breakfast.

Cheers !

PS : This will work even if u did not book directly with the hotel. I used HotelClub to book the rooms.

Edited by Ah Hia

stayed at August Suites last april was gf then

Great location friendly staff with great pool and fitness center

rooms have adsl internet & is a good size with big bed

Thanks very much for the feedback. The YouTube video is great! It gives me a good idea how the deluxe room looks like. I think Vista looks newer (and perhaps brighter).

This time round, i am going to PTY with my wife and one of her main concern is location to the malls and shops as well as massage parlours. Seriously, which you reckon is better in terms of location???

I dunno about the location of August Suites.

But hotel Vista is 5 mins walk to Beach Rd and 3 mins walk to 2nd Rd.

I'm sure u can see how far places are using this map here....

http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?S2zRUdZskcRD7CAA

On the PhotoGuide, the hotel is not yet completed but u can already see the building there.

Just use that as a base point to navigate.

In house GYM and Spa/Massage as well as pool and underground parking.

I found this place in a quiet neighborhood and very convenient to move around town with easy access to the baht bus.

I only wish a 7-11 or Family Mart was on this street.

Will stay here again if the budget permits.

All in i spent 4950baht for 3 nights which is about 1650baht per night.

Cheers !

Thanks very much for the feedback. The YouTube video is great! It gives me a good idea how the deluxe room looks like. I think Vista looks newer (and perhaps brighter).

This time round, i am going to PTY with my wife and one of her main concern is location to the malls and shops as well as massage parlours. Seriously, which you reckon is better in terms of location???

I am sure your wife will prefer hotel Vista, because BIG C is just 2 minutes walk from the hotel In addition, many massage parlours near by and it is very easy to get the bath bus near the hotel.

I am sure your wife will prefer Hotel Vista, because BIG C is just 2 minutes walk from the hotel In addition, many massage parlours near by and it is very easy to get the bath bus near the hotel.

Should be nice.

Only 1,400 Baht on some sites.

Tim

I stayed in August Suites for a couple of weeks in April 09 and Im a huge fan. I've stayed in many hotels and this ticks all the boxes. The main thing is that it is right on the baht bus route so everywhere is pretty much accessible. For walking, you have the brand new 5 star-esque Central Mall in about 5 mins. You have tradition massage up the road on Pattaya Klang. I used them several times and they do not do happy endings. 100% traditional. August Suites also use this same place for their in-visits.

August Suites staff are the friendliest and happy I have come across in years. The hotel is pristine and bright. You have a lovely restaurant just 3 mins up the road (Leng Kee)

I really think you cannot go wrong with this place.

Thank you all for your feedback.

We decided to give August Suite a 2 nights stay with an option to extend for another 2 nights. When we arrived at August, we were really surprised by the warm hospitality rendered by the hotel staff.

Thanks to you guys, we got a good price for the superior room with pool view and breakfast included. This price is better than the one quoted on their website.

The location is great, the staff were extremely courteous, friendly and helpful. In fact, this is one of the friendliest hotel we have ever been. The pool is decent and it is a salt water pool. The gym is well equip and spacious.

Our room is really big with things keep to the bare essentials. It is spotless clean. The only qualm I had is the absence of a bathtub. I thought for a room this size (40 sqm), they can well fit a bathtub in it.

We also checked out Vista hotel. The hotel location was ok but we felt August was better. The room is smaller and the pool a bit narrow. The gym is also a bit small. So we decided not to move out and stayed the whole 4 nights in August.

The staff in August was so accommodating that they allowed us to vary our breakfast. At this price, we would certainly stay in August again for our next visit.

When viewing the youtubevid of vista hotel i saw a vid of the pool as well. But it mentioned that the pool is saltwater in german language.

Can someone affirm this??????

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Yes, it is a saltwater pool. Personally I prefer them as chlorine pools are very hard to maintain a proper PH... and we all know about Thai maintenance standards. :Circle_Sharks:

"When the going gets weird... the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

Yes, it is a saltwater pool. Personally I prefer them as chlorine pools are very hard to maintain a proper PH... and we all know about Thai maintenance standards. :Circle_Sharks:

Yes that's right. It is a Saltwater pool.

Going there next weekend on an inspection. Will post my findings later.

Tim

Yes that's right. It is a Saltwater pool.

Going there next weekend on an inspection. Will post my findings later.

Tim

Can you let us know how cold the pool is.. thanks.