IGNORED

Advice Traveling Bkk To Siem Reap

tripatrois

Hi, I am planning to go for three days to Cambodia (Angkor Wat Siem Reap). I read several posts but I would like more info. I heard that by bus that it's always a day of traveling (some 450km) and poipet seems like a not to friendly place these days, I looked at airfare but I could only find one provider going that route. Can someone give me their version as to what would be the best way? Many thanks!

My advice (and is the route I used 18 months ago), is to fly BKK to Phnom Penh with Air Asia and from there, you can either get a "VIP" bus from PP to Siem Reap for pennies which will take around 5 hours. I took an internal Cambodian flight which cost about £25 GBP and was about 40 mins in the air.

That way, you can enjoy what PP has to offer also for a night or two :GiveBeer1:

Luvyoulongtime thanks for the tip, have been trying to find a good route to siem reap, without to much "bussing" around. Going to take a vacation from Pattaya next time I go for some days in Cambodia.

Take Bangkok Airways that flies from Bangkok to Siem Reap.

I've done bus before when I was backpacking, but it's not worth the time and uncomfortable bus ride IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...

Nok air used to fly to siem riep but they have cut a few of their routes look up siem riep sites on google or cambodian travel sites cusoms visa is a pain on land borders waiting and walking in heat being hassled non-stop and bribes to be paid flying much easier and in long run not much dearer