IGNORED

Deevana Patong Resort & Spa, Phuket

Sam Beckett

Deevana Patong Resort & Spa, Phuket

http://www.agoda.com.au/asia/thailand/phuket/deevana_patong_resort_spa.html

I am planning my first trip to Thailand Phuket and Pattaya

I was thinking of staying at the Deevena in a superior room or delux spa for 1 week

the joiners fee is 500baht PN which is ok by me and the resort looks very nice.

I intend on doing tours etc so MONGERING DAY and NIGHT is not my intention at least in Phuket

Has anybody stayed there ?

What were your thoughts

How about its LOCATION is it good ?

Did you bring a girl back ? and if so ANY problems

Cheers

Edited by Sam Beckett

Looks nice...how do you know there is a joiners fee? If the hotel have told you that there is then you pay it and then there is no hassle I would have thought?

Might stay there myself in a week and a half for 5 nights...looks nice and is very reasonable..

Looks nice...how do you know there is a joiners fee? If the hotel have told you that there is then you pay it and then there is no hassle I would have thought?

Might stay there myself in a week and a half for 5 nights...looks nice and is very reasonable..

I emailed them

Thank you for your interesting to stay at Deevana Patong, we would be pleased to inform you as follow;

- Lady joiner charge at 500 baht per lady per night

- Standard Garden Wing 27.2 sq.m

- Superior & Deluxe Spa Wing 36.1 sq.m

• 3 months later...

Stayed there 3 times, first 2 times stayed in the garden wing both trips were the best memories i ever had of thailnd,nice rooms, great service and superb sex not to mention no joiner fee. The third time was not the same (july 2006) maybe change of management,service not as good and 500baht joiner fee but the room (superior) was quite nice.

Edited by stephen_l

Well I hope its better this time round.

I realy had trouble deciding on a hotel in Phuket

but I liked the look of this.

Cheers for your update, I was told by the TRAVEL Agent when I made enquireys about the hotel that there INTERNAL Travel agencey info

had the hotel listed as being renovated and New airconditioners installed.

I hope thats correct and there was no delay.

anyway i guess no hotel will be PERFECT

Well I hope its better this time round.

I realy had trouble deciding on a Hotel in Phuket

but I liked the look of this.

Cheers for your update, I was told by the TRAVEL Agent when I made enquireys about the hotel that there INTERNAL Travel agencey info

had the hotel listed as being renovated and New airconditioners installed.

I hope thats correct and there was no delay.

anyway i guess no hotel will be PERFECT

SB: I've walked by it more than a few times. I like C & N Resort up the hill & Baan Boa on the water at the S end of the beach. Your hotel is between 'em. On the N end Patong Lodge and Orchid Kalim (right on the beach). Stay on either end, the middle is crowded and noisy. I try not to reward hotels with joiners, but even with one, you're getting a good price. Try booking a double and greasing the night Security Guard. Maybe you can just avoid the front desk and still get in too. Those have all worked for me before. Good Luck; wj

• 4 weeks later...

I stayed there several years ago - about a year after the Tsunami, and at the time, there was no joiner fee. If they have now instituted one, I would not go back. My main issue is that it's around a half KM from the beach (which is why it wasn't damaged by the Tsunami, and was open so soon after. It was a pretty nice place, but I'm sure that nowadays you can do better - especially if they have instituted joiner fees.