IGNORED

Bad Words

pascharay

You ever ask yourself in a bar whether the Thais are swearing at you with a smile.

It happens. Happens a lot.

farang ki-nok is a classic

in order to broaden your lexicon of swear words go to the following website

www.insultmonger.com

They hav e compiled a forbidden list of swears. Don't use them yourself or you could face a large contingent of angry Thais.

The Swearsaurus of multilingual swearing will teach you a vast array of swearing, profanity, obscenity, blasphemy, cursing, and cussing in 184 languages.

You won't believe your ears.

You ever ask yourself in a bar whether the Thais are swearing at you with a smile.

It happens. Happens a lot.

farang ki-nok is a classic

in order to broaden your lexicon of swear words go to the following website

www.insultmonger.com

They hav e compiled a forbidden list of swears. Don't use them yourself or you could face a large contingent of angry Thais.

The Swearsaurus of multilingual swearing will teach you a vast array of swearing, profanity, obscenity, blasphemy, cursing, and cussing in 184 languages.

You won't believe your ears.

farang ki-nok is not a swear word. It is a guava fruit that doesn't taste too good

It can and often is used as an insult. When used referring to a Thai, it can mean snob, thinking they are better than they are.It can also be used as worthless/low class foreigner. Can be used in a sarcastic - humorous way.

Edited by Loong

Chasing girls can be expensive

But it's more expensive if you catch one

The use of "kii" is to emphasise that its part of someones nature.

So you could say something like:

Farang kii bon - Farang always complain

Kaw/ kii glua^ - He/she is easily scared

etc...

My understanding of women goes only as far as the pleasures.

-- Michael Caine (Alfie, 1966)

hok pak loy mungalay ( shut the fuck up)

bai ga gai leao ( fuck off)

Nah he ( you face looks the same as your pussy/ pussy face)

Nah dan ( dick head? im not sure about this)

Knew these ones already wonder if they are on the website

going to check now, thanks for the site :)

Mark(o)

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

I used to go missing a lot...Miss Canada, Miss United Kingdom, Miss World.

George Best the World Greatest.. Just ask Pele

It's a bit like being a child who gets a dictionary. The first words you look for are the bad ones. It's worth remembering that Thais probably won't be impressed if you use the words. The first time they'll think it's funny that a farang knows the word. The second.....well you made your point the first time. By the third they'll start to judge you.

It's fun to know but to be honest I've only occasionally heard them aimed at me so don't go thinking that they're always cursing you behind your back. As the saying goes "A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing"

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Usually thais have the english tense system a little muddled, so when they say "i hear.." act shocked and say tam-mai bok kam-sap, mi dee jang.

I never really swore with thais, only like if they did to me i would say something back, but that was only banter with people around my age. I don't think my level is anywhere near good enough to just add swears in to emphasise things. I use kot (not got script here) instead of mak sometime which is kinda a little crude, but kinda ok with people you know.

I remember using khee nok and lots of BG's not understanding it.

Years later I spoke to a TG whose sister I knew . She had moved to the UK and her English had massively improved. She said (in English) "I remember you saying khee nok. It was the first time I'd heard it"

Personally I'd rather avoid all these words. The negative possibilities outweight the positive.

If you don't learn them ........ you won't get into any trouble

The Paultain Experience (Chronicles of a Whore Monger) Also the book is available in ebook format for ipad, ipod & iphone!!!!

http://www.blurb.com.../detail/1200741

Trip Report 2009

http://www.pattaya-a...-paultain-2009/

Trip Report 2010

http://www.pattaya-a...67#entry1185467

When I to learned Thai I avoided learning any bad Thai words, because I didn’t want to take the risk to be judged negatively by our Thai staff, my neighbors, my GF’s family, etc.

Over the years I saw too many foreigners losing their credibility by talking too bad, even not knowing about the reasons why.

I think if you practice “phut dee” (speaking nicely) you are on the winning side in LOS and most other places in the world.

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

The phrase book "Speak Like a Thai Vol 1" is a prime example of how much seemingly innocent phrases can get you into trouble.

Theres loads of phrases in there which are quite rude and inappropriate to use which will make you sound crude or not polite. But when you see the English meaning it looks so innocent.

I picked this up when I first was learning on my own but its gathering dust now.

The main thing I do like is that the Thai's are very tolerant and understanding. Instead of taking things the wrong way when you may say something unintentionally they understand that many farang just don't know so let it go.

If you use bad language intentionally it won't go down to well and does nothing for you reputation in the long run.

My understanding of women goes only as far as the pleasures.

-- Michael Caine (Alfie, 1966)

A TG I've been speaking to regulary on Skype this last month seem to be saying a bad word/phrase

every time I say something stupid(?) to her. She refuses to tell me what it mean(or, she says she doesn't know).

Anyway, the word she's saying is something like Ghuanta Hiim/Qhuanta Hiim" or something similar.

Anyone know what it mean?

After I said it to her a couple of times she told me that I could only say it to her and no one else.

CockBoy AKA Alex AKA Alex the CockBoy AKA Beavis AKA One Bullet Man AKA Comatose AKA Dtia AKA Paper AKA Ghost AKA Eric

"English, motherfucker! Do you speak it?"

"My pissed up motorbike taxi driver might smash me straight into a bus, but that doesn't mean I want to walk everywhere."
-bagel

à¹à¹˜à¹”๘๗๑๒๗๖๕

A TG I've been speaking to regulary on Skype this last month seem to be saying a bad word/phrase

every time I say something stupid(?) to her. She refuses to tell me what it mean(or, she says she doesn't know).

Anyway, the word she's saying is something like Ghuanta Hiim/Qhuanta Hiim" or something similar.

Anyone know what it mean?

After I said it to her a couple of times she told me that I could only say it to her and no one else.

The only thing that springs to mind, that might be close is 'kuang tiin' which means to ask for a kick or ask for trouble. As with all Thai transliterations the spellings will vary from person to person. Without hearing it said or seeing it in Thai script there's no way to be sure.

Hmm, "kuang tiin" may be what she is saying, but I'm not sure. I'll have to record her saying it one time and post it here.

The meaning of the word(s) you are saying seems to fit with what I'm saying to her beforehand her saying it to me.

CockBoy AKA Alex AKA Alex the CockBoy AKA Beavis AKA One Bullet Man AKA Comatose AKA Dtia AKA Paper AKA Ghost AKA Eric

"My pissed up motorbike taxi driver might smash me straight into a bus, but that doesn't mean I want to walk everywhere."
-bagel

à¹à¹˜à¹”๘๗๑๒๗๖๕

Hmm, "kuang tiin" may be what she is saying, but I'm not sure. I'll have to record her saying it one time and post it here.

The meaning of the word(s) you are saying seems to fit with what I'm saying to her beforehand her saying it to me.

That would be my guess, can't think of anything else it's close to. BTW, for some reason I put a 'g' at the end of kuan that shouldn't be there. Should read kuan tiin กวนตีน.

<br />A TG I've been speaking to regulary on Skype this last month seem to be saying a bad word/phrase<br />every time I say something stupid(?) to her. She refuses to tell me what it mean(or, she says she doesn't know).<br /><br />Anyway, the word she's saying is something like Ghuanta Hiim/Qhuanta Hiim" or something similar.<br /><br />Anyone know what it mean?<br /><br />After I said it to her a couple of times she told me that I could only say it to her and no one else.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Could be "kuan tiin" or "kin tiin" I'm going to kick you or you're going to eat my foot. "yaak kin tiin mai" - you want to eat my foot?

"mak han" - my favourite insult in Lao, same as "ai haa" in Thai. If you say this you are calling them the spirit that is responsible for plagues! Not nice.

Edited by barney

<br /><br /><br />

Could be "kuan tiin" or "kin tiin" I'm going to kick you or you're going to eat my foot. "yaak kin tiin mai" - you want to eat my foot?

Lol, never heard that variation before. I like it!

กวนตีน

guaan dteen - You're asking for it! To ask for a kick in the pants

guaan - to bother; to annoy; disturb; harass; cause trouble

dteen - foot; feet (usually used as foot, claw , paw of animal, but commonly used for feet in Isaan)

Chasing girls can be expensive

But it's more expensive if you catch one

It is in fact kuan tiin/guaan dteen she's saying to me all the time.

I asked her to say it slowly, and then asked her if the last word she was saying meant foot, which it did.

Thanks guys. She lol'ed when I told her that thanks to some helpful friends I now knew what she was saying to me all the time.

-bagel

à¹à¹˜à¹”๘๗๑๒๗๖๕

• 4 months later...

farang ki-nok is not a swear word. It is a guava fruit that doesn't taste too good

It can and often is used as an insult. When used referring to a Thai, it can mean snob, thinking they are better than they are.It can also be used as worthless/low class foreigner. Can be used in a sarcastic - humorous way.

kee nok is a very derogatory term in thai.using the correct tones it means "bird shit"and it represents falangs who enter thailand mainly the budget travelers ie backpackers who dress very cheaply or not neat and tidy like thais.i have overheard hundreds of times in bars whlist the BGs are chatting up the falang customers and they use it to take the piss out of us and mock us.as if butter wouldnt melt eh? BB