IGNORED

Jabs Here Or Jabs There?

Rob2830

Hi, has anyone travelling to LOS for an extended period actually had their jabs done in LOS rather than back home? I'm curious as to the cost - if you plan to stay longer than a week or two the hosp may recommend you have Hep B, Rabies shot etc or even Yellow Fever if you're going elsewhere in Asia. Back home, some are free (Hep A, Polio, etc) but the others can cost a lot if you get them all done.....Any advice appreciated

Don't bother mate. Just make sure your immune system is strong. :ThankGod1:

Feed yourself heaps of garlic for a couple of months before heading over.

I have been here for 5 yrs and only got the jab for the clap (twice)

Caught a bug of the eye testing machine in the driving license center!

No jab would have stopped that fucking nasty!:bj9:

Even when I went to India back in the late 90's for a month I didn't get any jabs.

Just made sure I was covered in repellent when in mozzie areas! Same applies here!:Question:

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

fwiw i just got typhoid, hep a & b vaccines done. getting pneumonia and flu vaccines done before I leave

hep b is at least 2 shots over a few weeks so starting that earlier is better.

I keep my immune system up as well but the vaccines add another level of protection.

Edited by furryman

• 4 weeks later...

Make sure you have any vaccs your doctor recommends I think Hep A and B should be mandatory, I know some people reckon that they have never caught antthing, but it may be you that is the unlucky one, also they could still have something and not show symptoms for a considerable time.

Up to you but in my books better safe than sorry.

Edited by 1rooster

I have all the jabs my Dr recommends (although the Nurse that gives them knows more than the dr) they have always been free.

Some of them do not start to build up immunity for two weeks so are useless if you get them the day before you go.