IGNORED

Top Five Hotels

Soi Sauce

So far the I have stayed here post has revealed quite a lot of data. Here are some of the findings so far...

103 - BM's have reigistered there stay's on the spread sheet

131 - number of hotels

350 - Cumulative hotel visits

3.3 - Average hotels each member

Top Five hotels - Areca Lodge (18) PBR (13) LK Renaisance (11) Sunshine hotel (11) Sandy Spring ( 10) Flipper (10)

Top Three BM's Registering stay's - Fosse (17) Spacer78 (14) Hedonist (10)

Spreadsheet

Originally I though "Mongers" would frequent hotels at the lower end of the market. It would appear that I am wrong! The more people that submit there data the more accurate the final report will be. So far I would like to thank every one for there interst

Cheers guys

Edited by Soi Sauce

Don't forget that the "lower end" Guesthouses etc, usually have fewer rooms, so fewer people will have stayed there.

Don't forget that the "lower end" Guesthouses etc, usually have fewer rooms, so fewer people will have stayed there.

True! But I expect no one wants to stay in them. I don't know what the real answer is, but if you a nice house, that you have worked hard for, and is well kept and maintained. Haveing gone to all this trouble why would anyone want to stay in accomodation that is lower in "standard" or appearance? I would not stay in budget accomodation just to save money for a bit of monering!

The answers out there...... somewhere

Cheers KDOGG

I can tell you, from looking over the past few, and next few upcoming weeks patrons, the hotels that are popular right now at the moment. Including guesthouses. I think that the guesthouses offer a different type of climate and atmosphere than the large hotels. So its not just a matter of cost, but also a matter of preference. Personally, I have a large hotel I sometimes stay at when in town with my son, and a guesthouse style hotel when I am in town longer. The first being the Phuphaya Resort, a bit away from the action, but only a 2-3 minute motorbike ride to Tukcom. Really nice sized rooms, all with an extra bed, nice decor and no joiner fees, as my first stay they assumed my missus was only a guest lol, and the largest pool I have seen at any of the hotels.

On the guesthouse side of it, when I have really short notice stays, or longer stays, I stay at Canterbury Tales. The ease of being able to walk downstairs and get breakfast or lunch, walking down the road for a bite, and internet have a lot to do with this choice.

From what I can tell you with the more popular hotels I'm seeing in Patts at the moment,

Pasadena Lodge

Irish Rovers

Sandy Springs

Eastiny 7 hotel

Tim Boutique

PBR

LK Renaissance

In BKK, I can actually narrow it down much, much more, as one name comes to mind from the vast majority of customers staying on Sukh.

Dawin hotel

I do think that a lot of the places are borderline between hotel/guesthouse, so some places don't get the recognition they might deserve as a good hotel, because they will always be classed into another category.

So far the I have stayed here post has revealed quite a lot of data. Here are some of the findings so far...

103 - BM's have reigistered there stay's on the spread sheet

131 - number of hotels

350 - Cumulative hotel visits

3.3 - Average hotels each member

Top Five Hotels - Areca Lodge (18) PBR (13) LK Renaisance (11) Sunshine Hotel (11) Sandy Spring ( 10) Flipper (10)

Top Three BM's Registering stay's - Fosse (17) Spacer78 (14) Hedonist (10)

Spreadsheet

Originally I though "Mongers" would frequent hotels at the lower end of the market. It would appear that I am wrong! The more people that submit there data the more accurate the final report will be. So far I would like to thank every one for there interst

Cheers guys

Interesting. Unfortunately, there are limitations on Excel docs unless you want to have a really massive file, but it would have been good to hear BM's views on hotels past and present. Eg, stayed one night and quit when I was hit with joiner fee.

" We didn't necessarily believe you. We believed your $50". Sam Spade (Humphrey Bogart) "The Maltese Falcon"

"What did it matter where you lay once you were dead? In a dirty sump or in a marble tower on top of a high hill? You were dead, you were sleeping the big sleep, you were not bothered by things like that. Oil and water were the same as wind and air to you." Raymond Chandler: The Big Sleep