IGNORED

4Th Test

Tao 66

England all out 102.

What an absolute disaster, just hoping We can at least ping out a few Australians before they overtake us. Huge mistake batting first, we collapsed like a pack of cards and the ball is swinging like a banana.

Have to say...1-1 with one test to play would make it a fantastic final game.

Harmisons been on fire with the ball lately so hoping for a miracle here.

My thai girl told me today that it's hammering down over there now with the start of monsoon season.

I wouldn't mind a little of it here today....and for the next 4 days!

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?

Amen to that.

4 days of rain would be happy days for me.

I'm hoping we can skittle then tomorrow and turn this into some sort of game.

I can live with a balanced 5 day test, with a a last gasp austrilian win.

But another england collapse and aussie walkover is just depressing.

:) Still time to hope we can win the ashes here though

Edited by hazze

boys, we have sent over our 3rd division team and you still cant put us away.

the ashes will be coming home where they belong......... with us.

thank you very much :)

As an Aussie i must say i'm satisfied with the waythings are looking after day 1.

Having said that i know that cricket can be a very unpredictable game (about as unpredictable as the English weather)so i wont be doing any celebrating or mourning til the 5th test is over and done with.

Testicles

I assume that the reason England chose to try to bat first was to try and catch up with their sleep, because otherwise there was no sense in that decision at Headingly. My confident prediction is an easy Australian win, with the man of the match award going to the Aussie who set the fire alarm off at 4.30 in the morning in the England hotel so that they had to evacuate it. Another great example of sportsmanship - or do you believe in coincidences and fairy-tales?

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

boys, we have sent over our 3rd division team and you still cant put us away.

the ashes will be coming home where they belong......... with us.

thank you very much :LOL:

Never has a truer word been spoken

I thought we lost with a bit of pride yesterday at least restored.

I have never seen hitting like it since Botham-Dilley in 1981 in that famous test victory. A shame we coudn't have knocked Australia over for less and given them 100 odd to chase again... 73 off 6 overs. If only the top order were better.

England are a 2 man team and both are injured. Stuart Broad would have been man of the match if we had won I think. The only ones to take any credit in the England side for me were Broad, Swann (with the bat surprisingly) and Prior who didn't bat badly in the first innings.

The rest were not up to village cricket let alone test cricket.

Final test at the Oval, It is usually a pretty dead wicket there so I think if Australia bat first its goodbye. I can see 650 at least.

IF ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL WHERE IS THE REST OF MY PENIS?

I understand England will be keeping their accommodation arrangements secret for the 5th test in order to get some sleep.

I understand England will be keeping their accommodation arrangements secret for the 5th test in order to get some sleep.

Then you will have to come up with another excuse if you get beaten

Som Nam Fucking Nar!!! Hehehehehehhe:UGotServed1:

May all beings be free from suffering and the causes of suffering. "Hari Om Tat Sat"

Sportsmanship & etiquette should no longer be alien concepts to Australians after over 200 years to learn the error of your ways. No excuses are required in cricket whether you win, draw or lose, provided the game is played on as level as a playing field as you can get and without the outside influence seen in Leeds.

Sportsmanship & etiquette should no longer be alien concepts to Australians after over 200 years to learn the error of your ways. No excuses are required in cricket whether you win, draw or lose, provided the game is played on as level as a playing field as you can get and without the outside influence seen in Leeds.

You need to build a bridge and get over Leeds mate.

Getting woken up at 4.30am is not the reason they got SMASHED by the Aussies.

What time of the morning did they get woken up before batting in the second innings?

What was Bradmans quote after the 'bodyline' series??? BTW its good to see you have got some players in the team these days that were actually born in the UK...

get over it mate its only a game and excuses are like assholes

Does etiquette include soccer hooligans acting like knobs across Europe???

Edited by Gator001

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

What was Bradmans quote after the 'bodyline' series??? BTW its good to see you have got some players in the team these days that were actually born in the UK...

get over it mate its only a game and excuses are like assholes

Does etiquette include soccer hooligans acting like knobs across Europe???

Well said, I agree with that wholeheartedly :-) damn emoticons not working

As the proverb says, you can lead a horse to water, etc etc.

In response to Moza7 - the 4th test was effectively lost on the morning of the first day of the fourth test, both during the session itself and in the hours leading up to it when the 'unfortunate' event of the disruption to the sleep of the English team occurred. After that, the English second innings was broadly irrelevant, especially after Australia had batted so well against a feeble English attack. However, the fact remains that someone deemed it an act of supreme sportsmanship to arrange for that disruption.

In response to Gator001 - As regards Bradman, we are going back nigh on eighty years; but I am not aware of any contravention of the then laws of the game - and all the action occurred on the field during the game. If Bradman was worked out so effectively by the likes of Larwood on his own, then he may have been fortunate not to have had to face the type of all-pace attack that the West Indies employed during the late-1970s and early 1980s. I wonder what they would have done to his test batting average.

And it is indeed good to see a few prime-of-life, native-born, white Englishmen in the England team; but, with positive discrimination such an influential factor in the UK employment arena as a salute to recent far-sighted egalitarian European legislation, do not expect it to last for long. Maybe by the time of the next Australian tour, our team will self-select itself, as it will be required to include a Muslim cleric on benefits (Captain); a middle-aged, vastly overweight lesbian; a disabled, wheel-chair bound individual (Wicket-Keeper); a blind person (possible exemption as umpires may qualify); someone hard of hearing (ditto); two Poles or Albanians; some unskilled person (preferably from an ethnic community)who has been on jobs-seekers allowance for over six months; two recent mothers looking to return to work; and a rehabilitated prisoner seeking a fresh start in life. Perhaps not the team one would be inclined to pick as a first choice; but, who knows, they could probably give the current outfit a run for its money.

Which, of course, reminds me, that it is sad to see how the Australian management refused to support its recent English-born all-rounder, Andrew Symonds, in his time of crisis. With employment laws in the UK, he would have been a certainty for another fifty tests.

In response to Moza7 - the 4th test was effectively lost on the morning of the first day of the fourth test, both during the session itself and in the hours leading up to it when the 'unfortunate' event of the disruption to the sleep of the English team occurred. After that, the English second innings was broadly irrelevant, especially after Australia had batted so well against a feeble English attack. However, the fact remains that someone deemed it an act of supreme sportsmanship to arrange for that disruption.

In response to Gator001 - As regards Bradman, we are going back nigh on eighty years; but I am not aware of any contravention of the then laws of the game - and all the action occurred on the field during the game. If Bradman was worked out so effectively by the likes of Larwood on his own, then he may have been fortunate not to have had to face the type of all-pace attack that the West Indies employed during the late-1970s and early 1980s. I wonder what they would have done to his test batting average.

And it is indeed good to see a few prime-of-life, native-born, white Englishmen in the England team; but, with positive discrimination such an influential factor in the UK employment arena as a salute to recent far-sighted egalitarian European legislation, do not expect it to last for long. Maybe by the time of the next Australian tour, our team will self-select itself, as it will be required to include a Muslim cleric on benefits (Captain); a middle-aged, vastly overweight lesbian; a disabled, wheel-chair bound individual (Wicket-Keeper); a blind person (possible exemption as umpires may qualify); someone hard of hearing (ditto); two Poles or Albanians; some unskilled person (preferably from an ethnic community)who has been on jobs-seekers allowance for over six months; two recent mothers looking to return to work; and a rehabilitated prisoner seeking a fresh start in life. Perhaps not the team one would be inclined to pick as a first choice; but, who knows, they could probably give the current outfit a run for its money.

Which, of course, reminds me, that it is sad to see how the Australian management refused to support its recent English-born all-rounder, Andrew Symonds, in his time of crisis. With employment laws in the UK, he would have been a certainty for another fifty tests.

hahaha good post mate

I just found your snide and pompous earier post a little bit pathetic but hopefully tongue in cheek, not to mention throwing stones in glass houses

England will be an all pakistan team in the future anyway so that should lift your stocks, not to mention the positive affect that sending all your youngsters over to the Australian cricket academies has had

Mate, just enjoy the game (I dont anymore) for what it is. I am pretty sure the Australian management didnt organise anyone to ring any alarm bells in the english teams hotel

Cheers

BTW watched a replay last night of Roy Jones Jnr defending his 3 LHW belts in a 12 round decision (won every round)

After the fight he revealed that he broke his hand 3 weeks before the fight (fractured wrist) and could only make a fist the night before

What was important though is his comments that he wouldnt have mentioned it if he had lost

Shows what is required to be a champion and a professional hey?

Edited by Gator001

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

Good post.

You do have a good sense of humour.

Best of luck in the 5th test and lets hope it's a great game.

Cheers, Moza.