IGNORED

Sunshine Hotel & Resort

olafcromwell

I am debating if I should pop over to Thailand for a week or two during my holidyas. I've never been to Thailand and want to sample the night life in Pattaya. I've got a travel agent figuring out the cheapest flights for me, but would rather handle the hotel myself. From reading the forum I have found the Sunshine hotel and Resort to be the most likely hotel for me, it is my understanding that the famous Soi 6 is only a stone's throw away and motorized transport won't be necessary for going to the bars -- at least that is my reasoning.

So the questions I have are:

Am I right in assuming that the Sunshine hotel & Lodge would be a good choice for someone going to Pattaya for the first time and would like to "entertain" ladies?

Is it worth upgrading the room to superior or deluxe?

This is a spur of the moment decision, it is only a little bit more expensice for me to go to Thailand for two weeks than going to London for a week (as I had originally planned) so I won't be booking the hotel far in advance. Would it be better for me to book a couple of days and sort out the rest of my stay once I am there?

thanx in advance

Olaf Cromwell

Olaf, from what a buddy has told me did he have a room in the Sunshine hotel which was very smokey and awful noise from the outside bars so he could not sleep very well. So if you book a room you should ask for a quiet room and non-smoking room if you don't smoke.

Enjoy Pattaya!

Edited by Moby

• 2 weeks later...

Olaf, from what a buddy has told me did he have a room in the Sunshine Hotel which was very smokey and awful noise from the outside bars so he could not sleep very well. So if you book a room you should ask for a quiet room and non-smoking room if you don't smoke.

Enjoy Pattaya!

Thanks for the info, I'll see if I can come up with some other place then. This site is absolutely faboulus, with the wealth of information here I'm sure I'll find a suitable place. Thanks again.

I stayed there 2 years ago, I felt like i was in a fishbowl there as the bars in front are so close to the walk up. Also very noisy loud blaring music from the clubs.If u stay there ask for a room in the new wing, the old side is kinda rundown.Nice staff except for at that time a young lady night manager I think, she was quite a bitch seems like the position went straight to her head.Also the front desk sent a woman straight to my room during the day unannounced, it was kinda tricky as I already had a lady in my room. Be sure to use your cellphone in that hotel, they asked me for over 1000 bts. on the third day for phone calls.I wont ever stay there again, but may be good for a newbe as its close to the action on soi 7,8 and the beachroad to WS. (Sanuk)

Mistakes_400x337.jpg

Time for a Dubie !!

For a 1st trip to Patts I'd always recommend the numerous accommodations on Soi 13. Great location, easy access to Walking St down beach road, and 1 minute in bus to Soi 7/8. Also very quiet which I like.

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

stay at the new residence tower at the sunshine quieter girl friendly safe in room clean swimming pool which the ladys on soi 8 love near the action have fun

I stayed at the Sunshine hotel a few years ago. Upgraded to the Superior room and called them directly to get a favorable rate.

PRO's: Great location for bars, stores, and restaurant. Soi 8 bars are right outside the front door. 7-11 a few meters away. A plaza of shops are right across the hotel lobby. Internet cafe and restaurant right there. Girl friendly with no hassle. Maybe a dirty look now and then, but nothing adverse.

CON's: The top floor room really heated up during the day and the AC was not that strong. I had the hotel maintenance come up, but they really didn't improve the system much, it just got noisier. After being out of the room all day (no card in slot, no power, no AC), the room temp was around 85 F. Running the AC full blast, it took about 2 hours to lower the temp about 5 degrees. Huge bathroom, tub and shower area. Kind of a waste of real estate. The furniture and carpet are old and worn. Big room if you want the space. The outside balcony area looks right into other rooms, and they look right into yours. Not a lot of privacy if the drapes aren't shut.

Bottom line: good price value. Great location with easy access to other businesses. Beach Road and 2nd Road are few minutes walk away. Recommended for all but those looking for 4+ Star accomodations.

Hope this helps.

I just wanted to add that the heat in the room may have only affected the top floor room that I was in. A lower floor may not have gotten so hot with some other floors insulating it from the roof. But the AC was not real effective in that room.

But not a real big issue for many. It is a good value hotel.

I stayed there 2 years ago, I felt like i was in a fishbowl there as the bars in front are so close to the walk up. Also very noisy loud blaring music from the clubs.If u stay there ask for a room in the new wing, the old side is kinda rundown.Nice staff except for at that time a young lady night manager I think, she was quite a bitch seems like the position went straight to her head.Also the front desk sent a woman straight to my room during the day unannounced, it was kinda tricky as I already had a lady in my room. Be sure to use your cellphone in that hotel, they asked me for over 1000 bts. on the third day for phone calls.I wont ever stay there again, but may be good for a newbe as its close to the action on soi 7,8 and the beachroad to WS. (Sanuk)

Mistakes_400x337.jpg

They asked for 100Bht for using the phone? what on internal calls/room to room? I have never heard of that before!

They asked for 100Bht for using the phone? what on internal calls/room to room? I have never heard of that before!

No it was little over 1000 bahts for outside calls and girls calling me at room, and the night manager was very bitchy about collecting the money. If im gonna get fucked at least she could have kissed me!

burnmoney.gif

Time for a Dubie !!