IGNORED

Koh Kood

Danjel

Hi guys, just wanted to post a little trip rapport, since I didn't see a thread bout Kooh Kood.

Me and the lady, plus another couple, chased down at trip to Kooh Kood in Pattaya, back in late December, we wanted to go right after New Year (2009).

We were all staying in Pattaya and wanted to go away, but not to the usual spots like Samet or Koh Chang, so I looked it up on the net, and found this nice little pearl (little might be too much said, it's the 4th largest island of Thailand.)

There where absolutely no where to book it, and most travel companies didn't know how or where to book it without it costing a fortune. With a bit of patience and a lot of travel shop visits, I finally found a realible travel company, who could organize the trip for a reasonable price.(located on Pattaya Klang, right across the Leng Kee restaurant)

The place was wonderful, too bad we only had a 3 day tour, could've spend a week there, awesome coral reef beaches, and not crowded with turists.

We stayed at this little resort: http://www.kokood.com/Aow_Noi_Resort/index.html (this being one of the cheapest)

On the island we rented a couple of motorbikes and toured the island, it was a fun experience, we tried some of the different beaches, and took a swim in the islands waterfall.

I would very much recommend this island, the shop where we booked the trip was very eager to hear bout our stay (told them how wonderful it was), and a week after, I passed the shop, and saw them advertising for trips to Kooh Kood.

Note: There's no 7eleven or ATM's on the island, nor disco's, bars and gogo's. (most resorts have their own bar/restarant)So you can still get your Singha or Chang, but bring your own Meh Kong, cause they only have Sang Som. (We checked everywhere on the island). So it's a perfect place to go with your missus or for a complete chill out experience.

Only bad side is the drive (the same as to Koh Chang), plus the 1 - 1½ hour boat trip (passing Koh Chang on the way).

Anyhow cheers, and feel free to ask any questions.

Danjel

Always wanted to go to this island, one of few I've never been to!

What has put me off is the very high prices for accomodation!

You mentioned that "Ao Noi" being one of the "cheapest" resorts, but a fancooled little hut for 1200 baht a person and night is way too steep for me! :D

Last time I stayed in simple beach huts on Koh Chang they costed me 100 baht a night...although it was more than 15 years ago! :)

I'm lucky to have been to most of the islands back in the 80s and early 90s when they were still affordable and untouched by charter-tourists!

Wish I could go back because I always loved the nature, but nowadays I'm confined to the "concrete jungle" of Pattaya! :WTF1:

Would be nice to see your pictures from Koh Kood!

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

Always wanted to go to this island, one of few I've never been to!

What has put me off is the very high prices for accomodation!

You mentioned that "Ao Noi" being one of the "cheapest" resorts, but a fancooled little hut for 1200 baht a person and night is way too steep for me! :D

Last time I stayed in simple beach huts on Koh Chang they costed me 100 baht a night...although it was more than 15 years ago! :D

I'm lucky to have been to most of the islands back in the 80s and early 90s when they were still affordable and untouched by charter-tourists!

Wish I could go back because I always loved the nature, but nowadays I'm confined to the "concrete jungle" of Pattaya! :WTF1:

Would be nice to see your pictures from Koh Kood!

Plahgat

Yeah, well it is a bit expensive. But I'll say the experince is well worth it.

But you're right, bout the islands, being overcrowded, and they are invading Koh Kood as well, well not right now because of the low turism.

Sorry, I haven't got the pics, the lady has them.

• 1 year later...

Its expensive because absolutely nobody else will be there, Its that secluded. They struggle to make ends meet, thats why its a little pricey.

Courage, determination, unselfishness and cheefulness in the face of adversity. Bond us all together, a brotherhood so inexplicable you will never understand, unless you are one of us....

• 3 years later...

I visited this island last year. It was packed with Russian tourists. The resort even served Russian food for lunch and dinner. If I can choose the destination myself I probably wouldn't go back.  Sure the water is clear and the beaches are quiet but still. There isn't much else to do.

Archived