IGNORED

Bosco'S

Thaihigh

When I was last in PTY, I visited Bosco's which had reccently opened at the that time.

The owner is Irish and the business plan, was that there were so many fake 'irish' bars, and he thought the time was right to open an authentic Irish bar. Got to say it did look authentic.

It's located on Central Rd, on the corner of the side street that runs from Soi 7 towards the Nova Lodge.

I was wondering if it was still there, as the business plan didn't include BG's. Anyone know?

" We didn't necessarily believe you. We believed your $50". Sam Spade (Humphrey Bogart) "The Maltese Falcon"

"What did it matter where you lay once you were dead? In a dirty sump or in a marble tower on top of a high hill? You were dead, you were sleeping the big sleep, you were not bothered by things like that. Oil and water were the same as wind and air to you." Raymond Chandler: The Big Sleep

Apologies to BM's. I tried to post this under restaurants and it has ended up on Soi6. I have tried to move it but don't know how. If a mod can help, I would be grateful.

" We didn't necessarily believe you. We believed your $50". Sam Spade (Humphrey Bogart) "The Maltese Falcon"

"What did it matter where you lay once you were dead? In a dirty sump or in a marble tower on top of a high hill? You were dead, you were sleeping the big sleep, you were not bothered by things like that. Oil and water were the same as wind and air to you." Raymond Chandler: The Big Sleep

i was there in Feb, had a good few nights in there, seemed to be doing very well.

Glad to hear it. I liked Bosco, but wasn't too sur if he had the right idea. I wish him well.

Glad to hear it. I liked Bosco, but wasn't too sur if he had the right idea. I wish him well.

ye, he's a sound bloke.

I spent quite a bit of time in there Jan/Feb and enjoyed a long cool Kilkenny or two!! His prices and food are good and the man himself (Declan) is a top fella, made us welcome all the time even to the point of being "tasters" on his new dishes for his menu!! I will be goin there as soon as I am back!! Great bar for a chill and watchin world go by...

Edited by Muso

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

I spent quite a bit of time in there Jan/Feb and enjoyed a long cool Kilkenny or two!! His prices and food are good and the man himself (Declan) is a top fella, made us welcome all the ime even to the point of being "tasters" on his new dishes for his menu!! I will be goin there as soon as I am back!! Great bar for a chill and watchin world go by...

Thanks for that. As I said, I wasn't too sure if he had the right business model, so I am pleased to hear that he is still there. Personally, I thought that his place would make a great live music bar with a few BG's thrown in to make it really interesting.

They do a 99B pint of Guinness every Sunday - great deal. The breakfasts are good, ditto the gammon, but the steaks there are a bit chewy. I've been there about 6 times now - normally its fairly quiet, but I hope they survive. No BG's as far as I know.

• 2 years later...

The last time I looked the bar was closed back in September 2011 but it could have been for renovations as the place was gutted. It would be a pity if it was closed as it was a pretty quirky bar full of manniquinns depicting soldiers/airmen/sailors from the Irish defence forces also a big map of Ireland I brought a Lao girl there once and was able to point out where exactly in Ireland I was from. Good pool tables there as well stunning waitresses in slinky Heinken dresses served beer a good place to cool your heels. I will check it out the next time I am there to see if it still exists!

JJ