IGNORED

Good Thai girls learn to striptease

LaaMok

"By Chalermkwan Jiramonai, dpa

The students who come to Harvard graduate and striptease instructor Busakorn Vorameth are mostly educated, upper-middle-class career women between the ages of 20 to 50, who have found that erotic dancing helps reduce stress levels.

For foreigners visiting Bangkok, it is hard to avoid a tour of at least one of the capital's many night entertainment strips, such Patpong, Nana Plaza or Soi Cowboy, where the chief attraction is scantily-clad women go-go dancing.

The Thai "stripper" has therefore become ingrained in Bangkok's somewhat notorious international image.

However, that image is a foreign one to many Thais.

Thai society, at least at the middle and upper strata, is deemed quite conservative, and sexually suggestive dancing is definitely frowned upon.

"Thai society is extreme. One side is very conservative while another side is very open," said Busakorn Vorameth, 36, owner and chief instructor of Rumpuree Dance Studio, located on the fifth floor of the upmarket Amarin Plaza, in central Bangkok.

"I believe that conservative people want to express their emotions as well but they can't," said Busakorn, who graduated with a Masters Degree in design management from Harvard University in the United States.

Busakorn, who works as an architect during the day, decided to open the Rumpuree Dance Studio less than a year ago to share her passion for dancing with others at night.

Six months ago she began offering classes in erotic dancing and striptease, which she had taken classes in for fun while working as an architect in New York.

"At first I didn't dare to open a striptease class because I was not sure if Thai people could accept it," said Busakorn. "It could have drawn criticism."

Instead, her classes drew a lot of media attention and plenty of interested customers, mostly educated, upper-middle-class career women between the ages of 20 to 50 who have found that erotic dancing helps them reduce their stress levels.

"I'm learning striptease because I love dancing," said Kewalin Sukapiboon, 33, a nurse at a leading private hospital. "It is fun, like I am playing a role. In daily life, I never do that, so my stress is released. I feel relaxed. Besides, this kind of dancing is a good exercise because it uses a lot of muscles."

During the first half hour, Busakorn relaxes her students with soft music and dim lights in the room while teaching them to stretch their muscles.

Then the music is turned up in tempo, and she starts teaching her pupils how to make sexy dance steps and enticing movements in front of the mirror.

There was plenty of laughter as these career ladies watched themselves in the mirror.

"The striptease I am learning is not like what saucy nightclub entertainers are doing," said Reiko Sakamoto, 36, a manager at the Senju Metal Trading Company. "They do something a bit similar with the expressing of sexiness but it's not the same."

In Busakorn's opinion, women are sexy when they feel relaxed. "Sexiness is always from inside. Nobody can pretend to be sexy. Especially, in such a plastic world today, it is hard to get back to the nature," she opined.

"This is why this dancing is different from others. Striptease isn't only about learning a pattern of body movement but emotional expression which is sexually explicit," she said.

"This is the principle of the striptease. To get people to feel free to express themselves," she said.

Busakorn insisted, "Striptease is an art, not just a dirty dance to arouse man's sexual Desire. Striptease makes a dancer feel more comfortable to their bodies and also has psychological benefit. Many women are not self-confident, feeling uncomfortable to express their feeling, but inside they really want to do so. Striptease makes them think that to release their emotion is not a bad thing."

Busakorn's striptease philosophy, unfortunately, may be lost on the thousands of go-go girls engaged in erotic dancing in Bangkok for a living, rather than as a hobby.

Busakorn said she understood that these women were dancing for money, and probably couldn't afford her classes at 300 baht (8.50 dollars) an hour, but she refuses to call what they do art.

"I don't think Thailand has a real striptease, even at Patpong. I don't see girls in Patpong dancing, they just move their bodies a bit," she said."

http://www.bangkokpost.com/topstories/tops...s.php?id=118609

go-go owners really need to bring some farang strippers over and teach girls to stip and dance..that would set them head and shoulders above the rest

go-go owners really need to bring some farang strippers over and teach girls to stip and dance..that would set them head and shoulders above the rest

I agree, then again I kind of like the whole freestyle amature stuff that goes on. My guess is that go go girls have created there energy efficient dance due to long hours of standing?

I agree, then again I kind of like the whole freestyle amature stuff that goes on. My guess is that go go girls have created there energy efficient dance due to long hours of standing?

if they acually danced i wouldnt mind it, but from what i can tell they just sit by the pole and move. its one of the reasons i dont like go-gos

no NO no

we don't want the dance by numbers you see in the west

they all do the same lame and contrived moves

I've seen dance shows in cowboy and nana that wipe the floor with westy strippers

Of course some just shuffle around

And anyway where do I sign up?

Member since Dec 06.

• 8 months later...

God bless 'em for pursuing that lovely "higher learning".

Sniff. <wiping tears>

"Debauchery University post-graduate sabbatical"

Well, it could be a lot worse, she could be teaching the LB's how to do a striptease.

Double your pleasure! Double your fun!

Do two TG's instead of just one.

babydollsaddict.gif

<EMBED SRC="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2.swf?title=Countdown%20to%202012!&count=down&time=1300679400000&bgc=0x0077cc&bgb=1&bgd=0&bc=0xcccccc&bb=1&bd=0&tc=0xcccccc&tb=1&td=1&uc=0x99ccff&ub=1&ud=2&nc=0x333333&nb=1&nd=0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" NAME="Free Counter" ALIGN=MIDDLE WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=100 quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

While there are some Go go girls that look about as vivacious as barnacles attached to a coral reef, I have always been amazed at the incredible skill of most. Where do they learn to twist and contort so effectively? It's almost as if they were born with the knowledge of exactly how to writhe and pulse in a manner that makes a man's cock take control of his mind. This isn't so much about strip tease but the general movements of coyote dancers and pole dancers. What is it about? Demonstrating what it might be like to f*#k them? That subtle undulating rhythm of their torsos innately puts me in a god damn delirium. It seems like once the patina of shyness is worn off some of these girls quickly master the art of seduction and sin. I think to really be effective they have to at least partially enjoy the mastery over men their movements give them.

• 2 weeks later...

The stripping classes seem to be popular in my country as well, for precisely the same age/education level. Seems the shaking off of some cultural and religious dogmas has lead to the shaking off of inhibitions and thankfully for us lads ... clothes. Keep practicing ladies .. we love ya for it.

no NO no

we don't want the dance by numbers you see in the west

they all do the same lame and contrived moves

I've seen dance shows in cowboy and nana that wipe the floor with westy strippers

Of course some just shuffle around

And anyway where do I sign up?

I agree with Woody (plus I like his avtar). Thais as well as other international "sweet spots" have their own flavor and I kinda like the change of what I can see while I'm away from my future homeland (Thailand). Don't get me wrong, most of the higher end strip clubs here have girls that will just knock you out, drop dead gorgeous but for an average joe like me I feel more at home with the local shaking (or shoud I say "shagging") going down in Thailand.

• 4 months later...

Most of the women seem to just kind of stand and shake like they're having a hard time and are bored to death to be on the stage. They don't even shake their hips to the timing of the music.

Okay let me get this straight you guys are complaining about some of the most beautiful and cheap woman in the world yes ...........lol