IGNORED

I Smell Like A.....

accountant

After landing in LOS, i start sweting. i am soaking wet for weeks, then i ajust. BUT THE SMELL.....

How come we western men smell like ........ Some says its because we have to much diary-products in our food,

some say we are toxiacted from years of junk-food. I have been searching on this site, but did not find any

discustion regarding this topic. I need advice. I have tried to slim down, eat less, eat fruit, drop diary

products, work out , swim ... everything, but I still smell like a.....

what makes the body smell like this?

How do you hide something from a Scandavian? Put it under a bar of Soap. Just joking

1) Don't use the hotel soap, get an anti-bacterial soap like Protex from 7-11

2) Use antiperspirant, not 'Deodorant'. Make sure the bottle says 'antiperspirant'

3) Shower often and change your clothes

4) After showering put baby powder all over your body including your ass and balls. Helps to keep you dry

5) Avoid Garlic

Hi please dont take offence but comming from Australia I can suggest shower atleast one a day and use a good roll on or spray with 24 hr protection works really well in Australian temp which can get into 40 c + :P:D

Rinse your clothes in beer then hang up to dry I guarantee when you go out nobody will notice the B.O. :P

Al.

what is it we eat that makes the smell?

what is it we eat that makes the smell?

what smell? You can't smell it can you?

In Japan there is a common complaint that older men smell. I read that there is a scientific explanation for it. Something about age and body chemistry creates an oder. Perhaps many of us can remember our grandfather's having a certain smell--or their house had a certain smell. This is it.

There is also a documented body smell that is even recorded in one of Shakespeare's plays---a man who smells like old fish. This has been determined to be a real problem in humans. Perhaps googling will reveal more.

Those that suffer from it usually use a lot of cologne and often smoke just to cover the smell. I once met a man in japan who I believed suffered from this but I have no way of knowing if it was indeed the case.

So if you are not an old man, and do not suffer from the fish smell problem my advice to you is the anti bacterial soap, shower often and change shirts, and get your hands on some quality cologne.

For a true gentleman I recommend

Polo Green (the original Polo)

Terre d' Hermes

Obsession for Men

Egoiste and/or Pour Monsieur by Channel

Or a more modern flash Angel Men by Theirry Mugler

These are all rather strong so go gently.

(i am a cologne/perfume freak)

What... service... may I do you? Hmmm? You know I demand payment.--- I brought payment. Look! BAM!! An undead monkey! Top that!

2A2A2C5401C889635E9B5481680DBAF6.png

babydollsaddict.gif

In Japan there is a common complaint that older men smell. I read that there is a scientific explanation for it. Something about age and body chemistry creates an oder. Perhaps many of us can remember our grandfather's having a certain smell--or their house had a certain smell. This is it.

There is also a documented body smell that is even recorded in one of Shakespeare's plays---a man who smells like old fish. This has been determined to be a real problem in humans. Perhaps googling will reveal more.

Those that suffer from it usually use a lot of cologne and often smoke just to cover the smell. I once met a man in japan who I believed suffered from this but I have no way of knowing if it was indeed the case.

So if you are not an old man, and do not suffer from the fish smell problem my advice to you is the anti bacterial soap, shower often and change shirts, and get your hands on some quality cologne.

Terre d' Hermes

Obsession for Men

I thought the perception in Japan was from the 'Oyaji Salaryman' stereotype of the middle aged man that wears a suit and sweats his balls off on the train and tries to stay dry with a handkerchief and fan and then has Nato breath.As you know in Japan trying to buy deodorant/roll on was almost impossible until a couple of years ago when it became fashionable.They just don't use it and I don't think they need it. Anyway with the aging population I think the problem/perception you pointed out will increase there. .

Japan is an enigma. Just yesterday I was talking to a person who is studying facial plastic surgery. BoTox and such. She told me in her training she visited a clinic and at the time she was there almost all the customers in the waiting room were men.

the times they are a changin

What... service... may I do you? Hmmm? You know I demand payment.--- I brought payment. Look! BAM!! An undead monkey! Top that!

2A2A2C5401C889635E9B5481680DBAF6.png

babydollsaddict.gif

I object to this thread as being insensitive to those of us who are "olfactory challenged" :)

stopped-listening.jpg

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"

is it right that diary-products create "smell"?

How do you hide something from a Scandavian? Put it under a bar of Soap. Just joking

1) Don't use the hotel soap, get an anti-bacterial soap like Protex from 7-11

2) Use antiperspirant, not 'Deodorant'. Make sure the bottle says 'antiperspirant'

3) Shower often and change your clothes

4) After showering put baby powder all over your body including your ass and balls. Helps to keep you dry

5) Avoid Garlic

Mike_asia has teh points nailed.

Point 2) is particularly important - I find that the Gilles Arctic Ice is about the best and that's after 15 years of research and testing living here.

Also avoid Butter and Dairy products if you can. While we notice it less - it really seems to stand out to Asians.

I also find I produce 2 difference types of sweat - Normal exertion type sweat that responds to good hygiene and Antiperspirants then there is the "working like a maniac in the mid day sun" type sweat that produces Terrible ammonia smell regardless of what you do. It will be accompanied by soaking wet clothes, and the only cure is to take the clothes off and wash immediately and to do the same to your self.

It is better to light even one candle than to live in fear of the dark.

A spray bottle of 70% dilute rubbing alcohol each morning will kill the bacteria that causes much of your sweat odor.

Diet also has an impact, and can also change the flavor of your cum (you can load up on pineapple juice in the morning to give your TG a "sweet treat" surprise to sweeten the flavor of your cum in the evening ;)

Perfecting my ability to "let that which does not matter truly slide"

Darn I thought was the thread about the bathroom hose and how to use it properly.

Sorry for the intrusion. But, I have heard that the Thai ladies are very offended at odor.

Agree with thge antipersperant advice. No sweat no stink.

Just how cans does it take to cover a big boy?

Garlic, onion and spices can make your sweat smell bad. I don't agree at all with the anti-bacterial soap suggestion though. I don't know what it is with all this anti-bacterial sh*t these days. Anti-bacterial soap will NOT get you any cleaner than a regular bar of soap and on top of that you are just allowing bacteria to build a resistance to all these products and morph into more powerful "bugs". People need to stop being so damn paranoid and go play in the dirt and build an immune system... stop relying on all this "anti-bacterial" B.S. because one day when you actually need antibiodics maybe they won't work

Garlic, onion and spices can make your sweat smell bad.

how come? Thais eat garlic, onion and spices, but they think we smell bad?

I don't know... a lot of the thais I know shower like 3-4 times a day so the smell never sticks with them I guess

From my time in the army, I remember that some guys had a real bad bo. These were usually untrained men so when they started sweating a lot of "shit" came out with the perspiration.

Cure : work out on a regular basis or endure a few sessions of Finnish sauna regulary.

Even better do both !

tks for all good advice. I have gooten plenty here. personal hygiene/washing, training, food etc. i will certanly look into all these and see if the condition improves

Garlic, onion and spices can make your sweat smell bad. I don't agree at all with the anti-bacterial soap suggestion though. I don't know what it is with all this anti-bacterial sh*t these days. Anti-bacterial soap will NOT get you any cleaner than a regular bar of soap and on top of that you are just allowing bacteria to build a resistance to all these products and morph into more powerful "bugs". People need to stop being so damn paranoid and go play in the dirt and build an immune system... stop relying on all this "anti-bacterial" B.S. because one day when you actually need antibiodics maybe they won't work

Using anti-bacterial soap does not have anything to do with antibiotics and resistance. If you think a cheap ass mini bar of soap from a 500 Baht a night hotel will clean you better than Protex in Thailand I guess you are one of those guys going around with a smell and the one all the girls laugh at.

Plain Soap as Good as Antibacterial

Researchers Say Regular Soap Kills Germs as Well as Antibacterial Soap

By Salynn Boyles

WebMD Health NewsReviewed by Louise Chang, MDAug. 17, 2007

Antibacterial soaps are no more effective than plain soap and water for killing disease-causing germs, but the jury is still out on whether they promote antibiotic resistance in users, a newly published research analysis shows.

Researchers from the University of Michigan School of Public Health reviewed 27 studies examining the safety and effectiveness of antibacterial products containing the active ingredient triclosan.

That includes most commercially available soaps, detergents and other products with the word 'antibacterial' on their labels, with the notable exception of alcohol-based hand gels.

Soaps containing triclosan at concentrations commonly seen in products sold to the public were found to be no better for killing bacteria and preventing infectious illness than soaps that did not contain triclosan.

"Antibacterial soaps do not provide a benefit above and beyond plain soaps for generally healthy people living in the community," researcher Allison Aiello, PhD, tells WebMD.

"Washing your hands is extremely important for preventing the spread of infectious illness, especially at critical points like after using the toilet, changing the baby, or handling raw foods. But consumers can't assume that antibacterial soaps are better for this than other soaps."

It's just marketing man. Companies just put anti-bacterial on their products because the consumers(like you) believe it works better when actually there is no proof that it does. And yes, triclosan has been shown to cause bacteria to become resistant to some antibiotics in lab studies.

Plain Soap as Good as Antibacterial

Researchers Say Regular Soap Kills Germs as Well as Antibacterial Soap

By Salynn Boyles

WebMD Health NewsReviewed by Louise Chang, MDAug. 17, 2007

Antibacterial soaps are no more effective than plain soap and water for killing disease-causing germs, but the jury is still out on whether they promote antibiotic resistance in users, a newly published research analysis shows.

Researchers from the University of Michigan School of Public Health reviewed 27 studies examining the safety and effectiveness of antibacterial products containing the active ingredient triclosan.

That includes most commercially available soaps, detergents and other products with the word 'antibacterial' on their labels, with the notable exception of alcohol-based hand gels.

Soaps containing triclosan at concentrations commonly seen in products sold to the public were found to be no better for killing bacteria and preventing infectious illness than soaps that did not contain triclosan.

"Antibacterial soaps do not provide a benefit above and beyond plain soaps for generally healthy people living in the community," researcher Allison Aiello, PhD, tells WebMD.

"Washing your hands is extremely important for preventing the spread of infectious illness, especially at critical points like after using the toilet, changing the baby, or handling raw foods. But consumers can't assume that antibacterial soaps are better for this than other soaps."

It's just marketing man. Companies just put anti-bacterial on their products because the consumers(like you) believe it works better when actually there is no proof that it does. And yes, triclosan has been shown to cause bacteria to become resistant to some antibiotics in lab studies.

So what kind of soap do you recommend to the OP? hotel soap? Or should he specifically look for soap that is non anti bacterial? You been in a 7-11 here lately?

Terre d' Hermes

Obsession for Men

No scientific explanation required its the smell of urine. How does this happen? they pee themselves.... the loss of bodily functions as you get older is something to look forward to. :LOL:

So what kind of soap do you recommend to the OP? Hotel soap? Or should he specifically look for soap that is non anti bacterial? You been in a 7-11 here lately?

Well I personally don't do my soap shopping at a 7-11. Thailand does have grocery stores/supermarkets where you can find plenty kinds of soap

You guys crack me up. People will argue about anything. (even soap)

I've been told by Asians that us Westerners smell like beef. Hmmm I dont smell it.

Bathe regularly...dont just rinse off, scrub yourself completely. I prefer scolding hot water that can barely be tolerated.

Also...Thought I was the only one covering myself in babypowder.