IGNORED

Jet Airlines

rodxxx

Been looking at flights in october to bangkok, jet airlines seem to be a very good price and good times to travel as anyone been with them and whats your opinon is it a good service thanks

(/y)

I've taken Jet Airways when visiting family in India. Really great service. I'm assuming you are flying from England, and I have only heard great things about their longer distance flights from the US or England. Their staff are polite and one of the up and coming airlines.

I once booked a flight with Jet where I was supposed to connect with them at LHR. Due to delays, I missed the flight and was told the next availabe seat was three days away, so I paid for a one way ticket on THAI that day. Before I left the Jet desk, I confirmed that I could still use my return ticket and was told "Yes"

Come the return journey, I phoned Jet to confirm only to be told that they had no booking for me. When I gave them the ref number, they said that the return ticket had been automatically cancelled because I had not used the outbound leg. I told them that when I was at LHR, I was told this wasn't a prob. I was told, even if that is correct, there are no availabe seats on the plane. Tough.

As a result, I had to spend nearly €750 extra on another flight including the missed connecting flight. Although the first missed flight was not their fault, I spent a total of €1,400 extra as a result of booking with them in the first place.

BTW, China Airlines and Air France/KLM were recently offfering good deals to BKK.

" We didn't necessarily believe you. We believed your $50". Sam Spade (Humphrey Bogart) "The Maltese Falcon"

"What did it matter where you lay once you were dead? In a dirty sump or in a marble tower on top of a high hill? You were dead, you were sleeping the big sleep, you were not bothered by things like that. Oil and water were the same as wind and air to you." Raymond Chandler: The Big Sleep

I use Jet all the time LHR/BKK good airline never had a problem.They have new planes i.e about 5 years old good IFE and good leg room on the 777.The second leg about 4 hours is on a 737/800,leg room not so good,so try to get an upgrade for that part of the flight.

I once booked a flight with Jet where I was supposed to connect with them at LHR. Due to delays, I missed the flight and was told the next availabe seat was three days away, so I paid for a one way ticket on THAI that day. Before I left the Jet desk, I confirmed that I could still use my return ticket and was told "Yes"

Come the return journey, I phoned Jet to confirm only to be told that they had no booking for me. When I gave them the ref number, they said that the return ticket had been automatically cancelled because I had not used the outbound leg. I told them that when I was at LHR, I was told this wasn't a prob. I was told, even if that is correct, there are no availabe seats on the plane. Tough.

As a result, I had to spend nearly €750 extra on another flight including the missed connecting flight. Although the first missed flight was not their fault, I spent a total of €1,400 extra as a result of booking with them in the first place.

BTW, China Airlines and Air France/KLM were recently offfering good deals to BKK.

I think the should have booked you on Thai or another airline for free, what a bunch of bullshit from them

Edited by mike_asia

I think the should have booked you on Thai or another airline for free, what a bunch of bullshit from them

Yes he could fly with Thai but look at the type of passengers it attracts.

Just to warn you if you buy duty free alcohol,when you arrive at Mumbai the alcohol will be confiscated by security.

I think this only affects transit passengers.Check before you buy,then you will not be disappointed.

Not flown them myself though a good friend of mine has who travels alot between the UK, Middle East and Asia and he used them and was impressed. New planes, good service and on time. They have recently invested a lot of money in the airline due to India on the whole being on an up and wanting more of the market sector.

Just to warn you if you buy duty free alcohol,when you arrive at Mumbai the alcohol will be confiscated by security.

I think this only affects transit passengers.Check before you buy,then you will not be disappointed.

That's only if you open the seal on the duty free carrier bag.

That's only if you open the seal on the duty free carrier bag.

Have heard reports even sealed bags are confiscated,pretty sure you are warned about it at the duty free shops.

I have taken perfume through before,and not had a problem.

I think you will see it on the immigration card you are giving when flying into an Indian airport.

It states somewhere you not allowed to bring alcohol through the security checks,even in a sealed bag with receipt.

Just found this report.

review : 26 March 2009

what stands out is the blatant corruption of Customs officials encountered at Mumbai airport, where international transit clients are subjected to illegal confiscation of their duty-free liquor allowances. This happens on both outward and inward flights.

There have been similar reports.

Edited by The Sperminator

Just found this report.

review : 26 March 2009

what stands out is the blatant corruption of Customs officials encountered at Mumbai airport, where international transit clients are subjected to illegal confiscation of their duty-free liquor allowances. This happens on both outward and inward flights.

There have been similar reports.

Oh man. That reminds of of my domestic Jet Airways flight, where the airport security at the gate wanted to confiscate my fresh pack of AA batteries. I needed them for my digital camera to take pictures on the tour. I smiled, and refused to give them up. He agreed to let me keep them.

The Jet Airways flight was of same quality as any western-world flight.

It wasn't a total loss, I managed to get an extra two days with the GF. And it was worth every penny.

Edited by Thaihigh

" We didn't necessarily believe you. We believed your $50". Sam Spade (Humphrey Bogart) "The Maltese Falcon"

"What did it matter where you lay once you were dead? In a dirty sump or in a marble tower on top of a high hill? You were dead, you were sleeping the big sleep, you were not bothered by things like that. Oil and water were the same as wind and air to you." Raymond Chandler: The Big Sleep

Have heard reports even sealed bags are confiscated,pretty sure you are warned about it at the duty free shops.

I have taken perfume through before,and not had a problem.

I think you will see it on the immigration card you are giving when flying into an Indian airport.

It states somewhere you not allowed to bring alcohol through the security checks,even in a sealed bag with receipt.

I can only report what happened on my last trip, they may have different customs officers with different agendas.

• 1 month later...

Do not ever buy alcohol in duty free its always a ripoff in price and in many cases just an oppotunity for thai or other corrupt customs people to confiscate and fine you since the coup against Taksin every year the thieves get more and more blatant the Thai government even recently had a half day crackdown at airport which surely must have damaged their profits by at least 0.07%

Just be aware that the security setup for international departures out of India is a bit different... In addition to going through the X-ray machine and body scan before entering the gate area, you'll have your bags X-rayed and another body scan inside the jetway (boarding ramp) as you're boarding the plane. Transit passengers don't have the initial security check, but still have everything checked as they board.

China airlines are the cheapest current options for travelling to bangkok... yes they aint the hight of comfort... but hye for £400 it looks like a great option... more to spend in Devils Den lol

n750975051_4185697_6241.jpg

Edited by daveboro

Flew with Jet last October, initially the fare won me over at £376,great flight,excellent food & the latest movies on board.Only had a stop over of about 1hr 35 mins which was spent going through security (don't bother with duty free as this could be taken off you)as they say...up to you.Overall 8 out of 10.However,flying with Eva in the next few weeks for £410.Anyway, you won't be disappointed especially with the savings made....more fun & frolics!!

Yes he could fly with Thai but look at the type of passengers it attracts.

What are you saying about Thaiairways Passengers ??????

Please explain.

I flew with Jet & it is cheap but its not for me.

I like direct flights or China air.

Emirates is ok & I have used them alot with Business friends.

What are you saying about Thaiairways Passengers ??????

Please explain.

I flew with Jet & it is cheap but its not for me.

I like direct flights or China air.

Emirates is ok & I have used them alot with Business friends.

Thai airways Passengers what do you mean ???????

I want to know just what this big sentence is meant to mean ???????????????

:Circle_Sharks: