Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Up To 75 Percente Off!

Soi Sauce

And heres another thing that p*sses me off in the persuit of a bargain! Theres no need to name names, they know who they are! Up to 75% off!! travel agencies, booking agencies what ever they want to call them selfs. Up to 75% off... "What"!! I have just done a quick price comparison. 1 nights stay at the Areca Lodge on there own web site 1300Bht. With Sawadee it's 1250Bht and Atsiam 1100Bht. I Make that a massive saving of up to 15.38 percent!! Is this false advertising or just miss leading information.

For me to book a room and recieve a 75% discount I would be looking at paying about 325bht a night.

I doubt my maths is correct so if anyone wants to check it out, please do. 75% off my Ar*e!

wel, Atsiam my look as the bestoffer, but, .....

when you apply for a reservation, they wil give you a price in your currency...

what happened to me is .....

a certain hotel was priced 500 bath on atsiam, on the hotelpage itself the price was 520 bath.

Then, i ordered 22 day trough atsiam, and they gave me a price in Euro's, not Thai bath !!!!!

At that time, the bath was 46.70 for one euro on the Atsiam site !!!

The real rate was almost 2 bath higher.

So, what they do to cheat is this:

they gave me a price in Euro's, and, with a discount because of a stay over 20 days, it came on 490 bath a day, using

their exchange-rate of 46.70. Then i did have to pay them, using creditcard, full in advance, to make the reservation.

Remember, this payment was for the room for 490 bath a day according to them !

Then i checked the real rate trough an online currency-converter.

I calculated the price in euro's x the real rate, and, gues what... the room came on 520 bat/day instead of 490.

What they do is this: they give you a price in your currency against a BAD rate for YOU.

You pay them in your currency, and that's why you pay to much.

Atsiam are scamming you !!! Don't get blinded with their bad exchange-rate !!!!

The operative words are 'UP TO' ... 75% being the maximum discount not every thing at 75%...It's a very old marketing gimmick....You get it everywhere and on just about any commodity imaginable...The rules are different from country to country but they do have to have something that has that discounted rate and that won't neccesrily be the particular hotel you decide you want to stay in or the timeframe you are looking at...

I think personally they should all be made to agregate there discounts and then adveritise that...i.e. 100 rooms and averaged 10% discount of standard published rates... still if they did that would you go to the site that marketed Up To 75% or the one that had Average 10% discount...

I hate markteers and salesmen in equal measure...they are about as useful as lawyers to society,,,,

mkindy

Lands, parties and leaves...'tis my MO...

A party(or two)...a beer(or three)..a girl(or more)...and a bit of laugh