Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Most Annoying In-Flight Behavior

Benny10

What kind of behavior from your fellow passengers annoys you the most (listed in no particular order)

Here is my list of the of most annoying in-flight passenger behavior:

• Fellow passengers who kick the back of my seat.

• Parents who can't control their kids.

• Passengers who constantly whine and rant during the flight.

• Passengers who fully recline their seat.

• Passengers who get out of their own seat by holding on to the back of my seat (usually waking me).

• Impatient passengers who get up as soon as the plane gets close to the gate.

• Anyone who thinks of themselves as an "elite flier" and constantly wants others to know how important they are.

• Any passengers that feel the need to clap when the plane lands (Jus don’t do it).

• Passengers who stink and extremely from alcohol

• Passengers who snore extremely loud

• Passengers who constantly fart

• Passengers who shove their carry-on bag into the first available storage shelf, then proceed to their seat at the back of the plane.

• Passengers who bring an oversized carry-on bag that they not even can lift by themselves into the storage shelf and ask me to assist.

• Passengers who hijack my designated seat without even bothering to ask me, because they prefer to sit next to their family or friends.

• Seatmates who talk to me while I am clearly working, reading or trying to sleep.

Last but not least, as this is actually a pre-boarding annoyance, passengers who just stand and block the gate until their row number is announced to start boarding. Please just sit or get out of the way until your group is called.

I can't stand the touching across the armrest, or roaming legs into my airspace. Get yer freakin' body back into your own airspace!! No touchin' me, freako!!!

"Debauchery University post-graduate sabbatical"

The most annoying thing for me on a plane is really fat people. I mean twenty stone plus, not just people who are overweight. Nothing worse than being sat next to someone who weighs twenty stone and can't fit into their seat plus the fact when they move all three seats move with them. After that it's got to be people who are rude to the staff for no reason.

Edited by Siam Sam
Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

What kind of behavior from your fellow passengers annoys you the most (listed in no particular order)

Here is my list of the of most annoying in-flight passenger behavior:

• Fellow passengers who kick the back of my seat.

• Parents who can't control their kids.

• Passengers who constantly whine and rant during the flight.

• Passengers who fully recline their seat.

• Passengers who get out of their own seat by holding on to the back of my seat (usually waking me).

• Impatient passengers who get up as soon as the plane gets close to the gate.

• Anyone who thinks of themselves as an "elite flier" and constantly wants others to know how important they are.

• Any passengers that feel the need to clap when the plane lands (Jus don’t do it).

• Passengers who stink and extremely from alcohol

• Passengers who snore extremely loud

• Passengers who constantly fart

• Passengers who shove their carry-on bag into the first available storage shelf, then proceed to their seat at the back of the plane.

• Passengers who bring an oversized carry-on bag that they not even can lift by themselves into the storage shelf and ask me to assist.

• Passengers who hijack my designated seat without even bothering to ask me, because they prefer to sit next to their family or friends.

• Seatmates who talk to me while I am clearly working, reading or trying to sleep.

Last but not least, as this is actually a pre-boarding annoyance, passengers who just stand and block the gate until their row number is announced to start boarding. Please just sit or get out of the way until your group is called.

Have anyone of you ever taken a flight to Dehli full of locals. Then you get all of this on the same flight.

Exept the clapping.

For me - Too much carry on.

Cum propris suis alis volat

the one that gets my goat up is when watching a film

and you always get the other passengers getting up and walking round the aisles

not once but seems like forever and always passing in front of the screens

for christ sake sit the f*** down

plus all of the rest mentioned including the one

who thinks because they are a frequent flyer they are better than everyone else

who do you think you are kidding and what makes you so special

Have anyone of you ever taken a flight to Dehli full of locals. Then you get all of this on the same flight.

Exept the clapping.

For me - Too much carry on.

Yep, agree 100%. Once with Quatar Air to Madrid, and the plane was full with Indian families from the country side.

It seemed that they boarded with their complete household stuff and their crying babies threw up in regular intervals.

An Indian business traveler sitting next to me was so ashamed that he apologized for the behavior of his fellow country men.

I don’t want to make this experience again, so I won’t choose this so called 5* airline again.

:)

For the records I would like to mention, that not all Indians behave like this.

Edited by Benny10

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

What about when you are sitting in your seat, wating and waiting, no announcement and the minutes tick past, 10, 20, 30 minutes and rising and still you havent left. You know you are going to miss your take off slot and be delayed another hour until a new slot opens up. Quietly you seeth with rage at the airlines incompetance when suddenly strolling onto the plane an hour late, without a care in the world is some stupid twat with his equally or even more stupid family / friend who didnt seem to realize that they had to get on a plane before it leaves and had spent the hour since its scheduled departure snapping up a few extra cartons of Superkings and some Jade Goody perfume.

What dont you understand about getting to the departure gate before the plane is scheduled to leave you stupid dumb f*****s!

Two people behind me who do not know each other and start a casual conversation. The conversation drifts from boring topic to boring topic. Then one decides it is okay to curse. They start to get more casual in their conversation and some things they say are so stupid. They do not shut up. This is the worse especially when the battery in my iPod is gone. Need to open a can of whoop ass.

Nupe

People who try and open the exit door 30000ft up...they really piss me off

It's a toss up between crying babies and farting people. Hmm, I guess I would say crying farting babies?!

Yep, agree 100%. Once with Quatar Air to Madrid, and the plane was full with Indian families from the country side.

It seemed that they boarded with their complete household stuff and their crying babies threw up in regular intervals.

An Indian business traveler sitting next to me was so ashamed that he apologized for the behavior of his fellow country men.

I don’t want to make this experience again, so I won’t choose this so called 5* airline again.

:unsure:

For the records I would like to mention, that not all Indians behave like this.

Which reminds me, I guess it would annoy me if someone got really sick next to me, though I haven't experienced that. I am somewhat prone to motion sickness but have been lucky so far in my multiple travels in not getting sick on the plane. But someone puking next to me would send me over the top.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

People who board a flight when they are obviously Ill with a large amount of coughing and spluttering.

Had a woman next to me last trip who actually snotted on my leg.

No tissue no handkerchief and no hand on mouth,just cough cough for 11 hours. :Bye5:

24 hours later I'm running a temp and coughing up crap. Id like to have sued her for loss of shagging time

Brevior saltare cum deformibus mulieribus est vita

If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0

definately people who recline thier seats all the way back

once had a lad in front of me recline his seat back fully as soon as the seatbelt sign whent out, no probs meal comes seat still right back taps him on the shoulder exscuse me could you put your seat up so i can eat my meal (says i) no (says he) fair enough ate the meal stewardess comes round with the coffee waited till your man gets the cup about an inch from his lips and gave the back of the headrest a fucking great slap, should of heard the yelps out the fucker, bet he's a bit more considerate to people behind him these days.

definately people who recline thier seats all the way back

once had a lad in front of me recline his seat back fully as soon as the seatbelt sign whent out, no probs meal comes seat still right back taps him on the shoulder exscuse me could you put your seat up so i can eat my meal (says i) no (says he) fair enough ate the meal stewardess comes round with the coffee waited till your man gets the cup about an inch from his lips and gave the back of the headrest a fucking great slap, should of heard the yelps out the fucker, bet he's a bit more considerate to people behind him these days.

Agree with this. I have experienced these inconsiderate bastards who recline their seats fully as soon as the seat belt sign goes out and don't even have the decency to sit up when meals are served unless told to do so.

Now I explain my problem and ask them politely to sit up a little so their headrest isn't resting on my chin. If they do not have the decency to consider the person behind them I make sure I bash their headrest as many times as possible getting up and down, banging my knees against their seat, and generally make sure they cannot sleep or enjoy their flight. I have yet to meet anyone who could stick it out and they sit up. I may incorporate the coffee headrest slam into my routine.

Personally, I do not understand why airlines allow seats to recline so far. About half as far would be right so the poor sod behind isn't pinned to his seat for 8 hours. I suppose airlines think people are considerate and fair and will consider one another and behave decently. Big mistake.

Apart from seat recliners I would say people sneezing and coughing near me is repulsive in such a self contained area. Especially those who not use a tissue or cover their mouth.

I once had a guy sitting behind me start vomiting all over the place. That was gross.

And finally I would say families with children. My heart sinks when I see them being seated near me.

Edited by bluejake79

I hate when babies start screaming their heads off on the plane and when brats start acting up. This is another reason why I try to pump my body full of chemicals so that I am in a sleepy daze for the flight.

I am the perfect passenger and the stewardesses should give me some sort of reward. Like a nice BJ or at least a handy.

I find that when travelling on an A340, it is such an uncomfortable plane and so cramped, that it's the only way I can get out of the seat.

My own personal hate, are those people who when you are near the back of a 747 are seated in front of you,and a microsend after the plane, lands are on the phone to everybody they have on speed dial telling them that thay are back home, using carbon copy conversations. You know you are going to have listen to this drivel for the next twenty minutes.

" We didn't necessarily believe you. We believed your $50". Sam Spade (Humphrey Bogart) "The Maltese Falcon"

"What did it matter where you lay once you were dead? In a dirty sump or in a marble tower on top of a high hill? You were dead, you were sleeping the big sleep, you were not bothered by things like that. Oil and water were the same as wind and air to you." Raymond Chandler: The Big Sleep

Yes the people that grab onto the back of your seat are the worst :)

I'm about 190cm tall 105 kilos (16.5 stone) and I can still get out of the window seat using the armrests without disturbing the person in front of me..

If you are in that bad of shape that you have to put your full weight on the back of my chair... then your fat ass should be flying first class...

You bastards literally spring the back of our seats like catapults....

We're not here for a long time

Just a good time !

Yes the people that grab onto the back of your seat are the worst :D

I'm about 190cm tall 105 kilos (16.5 stone) and I can still get out of the window seat using the armrests without disturbing the person in front of me..

If you are in that bad of shape that you have to put your full weight on the back of my chair... then your fat ass should be flying first class...

You bastards literally spring the back of our seats like catapults....

You are a real class act. You don't know me yet you call me a bastard because I have trouble on one plane that is not built for comfort.

" We didn't necessarily believe you. We believed your $50". Sam Spade (Humphrey Bogart) "The Maltese Falcon"

"What did it matter where you lay once you were dead? In a dirty sump or in a marble tower on top of a high hill? You were dead, you were sleeping the big sleep, you were not bothered by things like that. Oil and water were the same as wind and air to you." Raymond Chandler: The Big Sleep

I actually enjoy the long flights most times.

The times I do not is because of crying kids, but I parlay that to my

benefit by requesting free alcohol from attendants. (have to pay 5.00 per drink from USA)

I had a "bit of gass" one evening after meal and passessed a wee bit of air

after meal. Poor asian fella in front of me was assaulted by his wife whilst he

was sleeping. Because, she thought he ripped one! LOL

I nearly pissed myself because of his misadventure.

Also I try to help the needy. Say: the woman who is sleeping and loses her pillow

when it is stolen by another passenger. I will give the sleeper her pillow and also the passengers when

the theif goes to the bathroom.

No reason to get upset my friends, instead utilize the opportunities to help others

and be entertained at the same time.

Oh btw, I defended the asian man and told his wife it was the man sleeping next to me. :10:

damn

all these posts are too true and making me relive all those unbearable moments in flight

think I'll just stay in Patts and never go home!

"Fear women - and save your life"

Accra taxi motto

I need no one's permission to recline my seat as long as it isn't mealtime. Too fucking bad if you don't like it; you need more room, fly deluxe/elite/business/first or super-first class you cheap fuck. Otherwise, deal with it; seat pitch info. is available for every class on every piece of equipment for every airline.

Here's one that gets me: people who use an overhead bin that isn't remotely close to their seat. Place your shit in the nearest available space in close proximity to your seat, please.

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.

2 little purple tablets from the chemist in pattaya and none of these issues will bother you again. sleep like a baby for 12 hours.

I go the two blue pill route, fly "alprazolam airways"

I congratulate you gentlemen. This would seem to be the way to go. Yet for some it may end in disaster.

I'm 6.3 and a modest 14.5 stone, so not a lardy, but too big to be comfortable in cattle class. Yet fiscally restricted to the cheap seats.

I simply can not sleep sitting up, never could. Not even at home in my favourite arm chair [actually I don't have one, but you get the point]. This includes the slight angle you achieve by putting the seat back as far as it will go, which in any case I would be loathed to do.

Combine this with the fact that until recently I was a heavy smoker who, even when fully patched up, suffered withdrawal symptoms akin to a full blown junkie on a bad day, and you get one unhappy flyer.

Pre-planning a 12 hour flight to India a few years back I decided to go down the pharmaceutical oblivion route suggested above. I boarded the plane with a combination of drugs that, if put into a water tank, could have put a small village to sleep.

Needless to say I was feeling confident. Shortly after take off I dropped two medium strength valium, simply setting the mood here. About three hours into the flight, just as the nicotine loss started to bite I took a good strength mogodum – a tried a tested heavy weight. I limited myself to two large gin and tonics.

Four hours in and I was feeling pretty damned relaxed and not a little fatigued. Considering four play to be over I necked the sleeping pill (Limovan I think – something I'd picked up on previous travels anyway), and settled back for a good eight hours sleep.

Or so I thought. Could I sleep? Could I f*&k!

Oh yes I got progressively knackered for the entirety of the journey. My head nodded, my eyes closed, but sweet sleep as ever eluded me. Eight hours in and I knew what it must feel like to be deprived sleep for a week by a skilled and sadistic interrogator.

Still four hours to go! I believe I may have shed a solitary manly tear. Oh hell, I may have cried a bucket. I was by this point Delirious you understand.

When each second seemed to last a week, when each and every thought was gift wrapped in cotton wool and secured with an over abundance of sellotape, I checked the time. Three hours and fifty minutes to go. This was not going to work. What to do? Jesus just let me lay down in the aisle, or curl up on the floor in the toilets – just for a minute. What to do? Why can't I get the sellotape off? Then I had it. An emergency U-turn - “Coffee”.

Oblivious to my general incoherence I managed to convince a bewildered stewardess to provide me with a fairly constant flow of black coffees for the rest of the worst flight of my life.

Without a single wink of sleep I numbly vibrated off my flight into the bright midday sun of the Indian subcontinent. Arriving finally at my hotel, I collapsed blissfully into 18 hours of sleep.

Never again.

I need no one's permission to recline my seat as long as it isn't mealtime. Too fucking bad if you don't like it; you need more room, fly deluxe/elite/business/first or super-first class you cheap fuck. Otherwise, deal with it; seat pitch info. is available for every class on every piece of equipment for every airline.

Couldn't agree more, the reclining lever is put there for a purpose!

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......