Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

One Night In Bangkok.

Slapman

i always treat myself one night in a flash joint each tour, i always start each tour with one night in bangkok before heading to patts to slum it at the grand hotel.

the following i have stayed at or had email confirmation that there are NO JOINERS FEES.

they are mainly of the "boutique variety" between 3 to 5,000 baht (for thier top rooms). all on/off sukhumvit rd.

please give any opinions if you have first hand knowledge as i'm still trying to work out where to stay next. PROXIMITY TO NANA OR COWBOY NOT IN THE EQUASION.

listed in my order of preference.

please add if you know of others.

FUSION SUITES. soi 21.

the jacuzzi deluxe looks awsome, on special for 3,500 at the moment.

http://www.fusionbangkok.com/

GRAND SUKHUMVIT hotel, Soi 6.

http://www.accorhotels.com/gb/hotel-6171-grand-sukhumvit-hotel-bangkok-previously-sofitel/room.shtml

review by mintycock.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21053-review-grand-sukhumvit-by-sofitel/

MAC BOUTIQUE SUITES, soi 7.

http://www.macboutiquesuites.com/index2.php

CITICHIC hotel, soi 13.

http://www.citichichotel.com/touch.html

review by allycat.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/index.php?/topic/15548-citichic-boutique-suites-hotel/

OMNI TOWER, soi 4.

http://www.omnibangkok.com/

DREAM hotel, Soi 15.

http://www.dreambkk.com/main.html

CITIDINES, soi 8, 11, 16, 23.

http://www2.citadines.com/en/thailand/bangkok/sukhumvit_8.html

http://www2.citadines.com/en/propertylisting.html?City=Bangkok

MAJESTIC SUITES, soi 4.

http://www.majesticsuites.com/

Edited by slapman

Have stayed at Citi Chic many times... great hotel. I once got "upgraded" to one of there more expensive rooms with a terrace... I wish I hadn't, the rooms are much much smaller and not as good IMO.

I think I have stayed there about 5/6 times now so it's probably time I switch it round a bit next time... thanks for the links Slapman. Great post.

tend to stay at Majestic suites, it's only metres from Nana and no hassle of any type from the owners - not expensive, but restaurant is very ordinary - eat out. certainly not flash but a great location.

I can have this at home............................or this in LOS, thats why I go

post-25755-0-87905900-1355607024.jpg                   post-25755-0-06858900-1359758265.jpg

Slapman--it is a really good idea to treat oneself to luxury accommodations for at least one night of a trip. Good advice!

My last trip I stayed one night in BKK and just booked a well known and reasonably priced place. But once I saw some of the top grade hotels in BKK I wish i would have dropped a few more thousand baht for the posh hotels. A great way to end a trip.

Great post and links!

Thanks!

What... service... may I do you? Hmmm? You know I demand payment.--- I brought payment. Look! BAM!! An undead monkey! Top that!

2A2A2C5401C889635E9B5481680DBAF6.png

babydollsaddict.gif

heres one a bit closer to the main shopping centres, looks really good.

SIAMSIAM hotel.

http://www.siamatsiam.com/

siamsiam bim_969x768.jpg

siamsiam biz_class_room_968x768.jpg

siamsiam room_1024x685.jpg

siamsiam youth_class_room_1024x685.jpg

some pics.

CITIDINES SOI 11.

citadines soi 11....l1.jpg

citadines soi 11...l2.jpg

CENTREPOINT SOI 10.

balcony centrepoint soi 10.jpg

AMARI BOULEVARD GARDEN TERRACE SUITE.

7,000 baht plus joiners fee. (no good !).

amari deluxe terrace room.jpg

PARACHUTE TO SOI COWBOY !.

soi cowboy.jpg

i'm really leaning towards the fusion suites but it looks like a bit of a hike from the action.

anyone stayed there ?.

fusion suites.jpg

i'm really leaning towards the fusion suites but it looks like a bit of a hike from the action.

anyone stayed there ?.

fusion suites.jpg

Slapman,

Fusion Suites does look nice. Although I reckon its quite pricey for what it is, even if it has a Jacuzzi in the top rooms.

Tim

jut booked at "grand sukhumvit", Soi 6.

it always pays to email them an inquiry first with a bit of suckholing !.

Dear Mr.Cxxx,

Warmest Greetings from Grand Sukhumvit hotel Bangkok Managed by Accor!

Thank you for your kind interest in Grand Sukhumvit hotel Managed by ACCOR! We are pleased to propose our room rates for your consideration as follows:

Accommodation:

- Silver Deluxe room (36 Sqm) : Equipped with the basic needs: THB 3000++ with complimentary upgrade to Platinum suite

- There is no charge for joiner fee

The above rates are quoted in Thai Baht, excluding 17.7% applicable government tax and service charge per room/suite per night, on room only basis (no meal included), and non-commissionable.

Please note that the above rates may not be available if your response is received by the hotel later than 48 hours from today’s date.

At this moment in time, no room has been booked for you; the reservation will be made as soon as we receive your response.

Upon your response, kindly advise your credit card details including expiry date and name of card holder in order to guarantee your reservation.

We look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you to our hotel in the near future. In the meantime, please feel free to contact us if we maybe of any assistance to you.

Best regards,

Thanisara Duangchandra (Ms.)

Assistant Reservation Manager

Grand Sukhumvit hotel Bangkok

Managed by Accor

99 Sukhumvit Road Soi 6

Klongtoey Bangkok Thailand 10110

Tel: 66 (2) - 207 9999

Fax: 66 (2) - 207 9555

Email: [email protected]

GetAttachment.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 6:43 AM

To: [email protected]

Subject: rates and joiners fee.

hi,

i have read some great reviews of your hotel.

can you please give me a daily rate of your platinum suites during august.

also do you charge a joiners fee to bring "friends" back to the room ?.

regards,

jamie cxxx.

I have stayed several times at the Adelphi Suites: http://www.adelphisuites.com/

They are quite new and excellent quality. Good breakfast and nice restaurant. Guest friendly. Excellent location, 2 minutes walk to Nana BTS station.

Good choice on the Grande Sukhumvit. I stayed there last year for 3 nights and was upgraded to one of their suites. It's bigger than my apartment here in Honolulu! Nice sized living room, seperate kitchen, and a seperate bedroom. Nice Bath too. The girls loved it, although they felt a little uncomfortable walking through the lobby because most of the guests are non-mongering families. Enjoy!

Never trust anything that can bleed for 5-7 days and still live!!

Life is not the amount of breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/28.jpg&text=Until%20I%20am%20balls%20deep%20in%20some%20Thai%20pussy%21%21&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2011&month=0&day=28&hour=19&minute=15&second=0&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/">MySpace Countdown Clocks</a></small></center>

Good choice on the Grande Sukhumvit. I stayed there last year for 3 nights and was upgraded to one of their suites. It's bigger than my apartment here in Honolulu! Nice sized living room, seperate kitchen, and a seperate bedroom. Nice Bath too. The girls loved it, although they felt a little uncomfortable walking through the lobby because most of the guests are non-mongering families. Enjoy!

thanks, i'm excited about "somewhere new". i had a bit of back and forward banter with miss Thanisara. always pays to KEEP suckholing hahahaha, read on.......

RE: rates and joiners fee.‏

Sent: Friday, 24 July 2009 5:18:14 PM

To: 'Jamie Cxxx' ([email protected])

Dear Jamie,

Pleased to confirm early check-in at 11:00hrs.

By the way,we like both milk or dark chocolate :-)

Best regards,

Thanisara

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 3:41 PM

To: grand sukhumvit.

Subject: RE: rates and joiners fee.

hi Thanisara,

name on card- jamie r xxxx.

card- mastercard.

card #- xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx.

exp date- xx/xx.

regards,

jamie cxxx.

p.s, my flight arrives at 11.00am, might it be possible to check in at this time if you are not full ?.

p.p.s, do you like milk or dark chocolate ?.

Edited by slapman

I stayed at Grand Sukhumvit in April 09. Superb hotel and was given an upgrade to the Platinum Suites. A lot of space for one person. The living room gives a different dimension to things for bringing the girls back to.

I can't decide between here or Dream hotel for my next trip. Not sure.

At Grand Suk, I had a good laugh every night with the night shift guard at the end of the driveway. What a character he was.

There is a 7/11 next door to stock up the supplies in the room and NEP is a hop, skip and a jump round the corner.

Accor hotels had a 3 day blowout sale in Feb, so I booked the Grand Suk for 18 nights throughout the summer, at a rate of 1560 baht/night.

They've upgraded me to a suite every time, without additional charge. In fact, I'm staying there tonite as well. Very comfortable hotel,

I also like CitiChic, but much better location at the Grand Suk.

Retired

I've received an email back from Accor Grand Sukhumvit about my trip in Feb 2010.

They are offering a Gold room for 2800 baht or a Platinum room for 3000 baht. Good rates for this quality hotel. The extra 200 baht is well worth it.

I think their promotion prices (1330 to 1530 baht depending on upgrade or not) are generally only offered between April and August. This was certainly the case this year when I stayed with them.

• 2 months later...

thanks, i'm excited about "somewhere new". i had a bit of back and forward banter with miss Thanisara. always pays to KEEP suckholing hahahaha, read on.......

RE: rates and joiners fee.‏

Sent: Friday, 24 July 2009 5:18:14 PM

To: 'Jamie Cxxx' ([email protected])

Dear Jamie,

Pleased to confirm early check-in at 11:00hrs.

By the way,we like both milk or dark chocolate :-)

Best regards,

Thanisara

Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 3:41 PM

To: grand sukhumvit.

Subject: RE: rates and joiners fee.

hi Thanisara,

name on card- jamie r xxxx.

card- mastercard.

card #- xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx.

exp date- xx/xx.

regards,

jamie cxxx.

p.s, my flight arrives at 11.00am, might it be possible to check in at this time if you are not full ?.

p.p.s, do you like milk or dark chocolate ?.

REPLY I JUST RECEIVED FROM GRAND SUKUMVIT:

SLAPPY MATE : VERY EXPENSIVE MAN... :10:

Dear Mr.XXXX,

Warmest Greetings from Grand Sukhumvit hotel Bangkok Managed by Accor!

Thank you for your kind interest in Grand Sukhumvit hotel Managed by ACCOR! We are pleased to propose our room rates for your consideration as follows:

Accommodation:

- Silver Deluxe room (36 Sqm) : Equipped with the basic needs: THB 4,826.-net on room only basis.

- Silver Deluxe room (36 Sqm) : Equipped with the basic needs: THB 5,473.-net with American Breakfast for 1 person.

-Gold Suite room (48 Sqm): One bed room suite with living and dining area: THB 6,238.-net on room only basis.

-Gold Suite room (48 Sqm): One bed room suite with living and dining area: THB6,885.- net with American Breakfast for 1 person.

-Platinum Suite room (54 Sqm): One bed room suite with hot ring stove microwave, fridge freezer and kitchen sink: THB 6,591.- on room only basis.

-Platinum Suite room (54 Sqm): One bed room suite with hot ring stove microwave, fridge freezer and kitchen sink: THB7,239.- with American Breakfast for 1 person.

The above rates are quoted in Thai Baht, including 17.7% applicable government tax and service charge per room/suite per night, and non-commissionable.

Please note that the above rates may not be available if your response is received by the hotel later than 48 hours from today’s date.

Airport Transfer: THB 2000 net inclusive of tax by a private car per way (Max 3 adults)

Please let us know your arrival flight number and expected time of arrival (ETA) to Bangkok if airport transfer arrangement is required.

Please note that check in time is 14:00 hours. One night room charge will be applied if early check-in before 14:00 hours is requested. However, early check-in is subject to room availability.

We would be grateful if you could advise us of your choice of room.

At this moment in time, no room has been booked for you; the reservation will be made as soon as we receive your response.

Upon your response, kindly advise your credit card details including expiry date and name of card holder in order to guarantee your reservation.

We look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you to our hotel in the near future. In the meantime, please feel free to contact us if we maybe of any assistance to you.

Best regards,

Tanathorn S. (Ms.)

Reservation Officer

Grand Sukhumvit hotel Bangkok

Managed by Accor

99 Sukhumvit Road Soi 6

Subject: Hello..Enquiry for Reservation

Hello,

I am a frequent traveler to Bangkok (Leisure / Holiday).

I am arriving in Bangkok on 19.11.2009 (9:00 Am) and will be leaving on 22.11.2009 (7:00 Pm)

Please inform me the following:

1. The Best Price for the Gold and Platinum Room. ** The room rate offer as above by room type category **

2. Any extra price for upgrades. ** Room rate as above **

3. Joiner fees (if any) for Guest in the room. ** Joiner cost will be Baht 1,000.-net on room only/pax **4. I want a smoking Room. ** subject to rooms are available upon arrival **

5. I will be Checking-In at 9:00 Am and Check Out will be between 6 & 7 Pm (Any extra Cost) ** The room will be charge for 1 night **

I am sure that you will offer the best possible discount in prices. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards

Majestic Grande is going for <$60 all in this month. Windsor Suites for $45. Plaza Athenee for $75. Conrad for $125. Citichic for $50. Somerset Lake for $45. I've seen the Omni for $31. Times are tough. Look around, no need to spend a bundle anymore. wj

Majestic Grande is going for <$60 all in this month. Windsor Suites for $45. Plaza Athenee for $75. Conrad for $125. Citichic for $50. Somerset Lake for $45. I've seen the Omni for $31. Times are tough. Look around, no need to spend a bundle anymore. wj

great info, a reminder for us all to remember what the internet was invented for !.

have you stayed at the conrad ?, i ask because i'm curious about the snotty bitches in the disco downstairs.

Dont stay at Windsor suites. Our junior crews stay there on crew change days and they get hit up for 1000 baht joiner fee if they take a friend back

avoid like the plague!!

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

REPLY I JUST RECEIVED FROM GRAND SUKUMVIT:

SLAPPY MATE : VERY EXPENSIVE MAN... :001_Thank_You5:

Dear Mr.XXXX,

Warmest Greetings from Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok Managed by Accor!

Thank you for your kind interest in Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Managed by ACCOR! We are pleased to propose our room rates for your consideration as follows:

Accommodation:

- Silver Deluxe room (36 Sqm) : Equipped with the basic needs: THB 4,826.-net on room only basis.

- Silver Deluxe room (36 Sqm) : Equipped with the basic needs: THB 5,473.-net with American Breakfast for 1 person.

-Gold Suite room (48 Sqm): One bed room suite with living and dining area: THB 6,238.-net on room only basis.

-Gold Suite room (48 Sqm): One bed room suite with living and dining area: THB6,885.- net with American Breakfast for 1 person.

-Platinum Suite room (54 Sqm): One bed room suite with hot ring stove microwave, fridge freezer and kitchen sink: THB 6,591.- on room only basis.

-Platinum Suite room (54 Sqm): One bed room suite with hot ring stove microwave, fridge freezer and kitchen sink: THB7,239.- with American Breakfast for 1 person.

The above rates are quoted in Thai Baht, including 17.7% applicable government tax and service charge per room/suite per night, and non-commissionable.

Airport Transfer: THB 2000 net inclusive of tax by a private car per way (Max 3 adults)

Please let us know your arrival flight number and expected time of arrival (ETA) to Bangkok if airport transfer arrangement is required.

Please note that check in time is 14:00 hours. One night room charge will be applied if early check-in before 14:00 hours is requested. However, early check-in is subject to room availability.

We would be grateful if you could advise us of your choice of room.

Best regards,

Tanathorn S. (Ms.)

Reservation Officer

Grand Sukhumvit Hotel Bangkok

Managed by Accor

99 Sukhumvit Road Soi 6

Subject: Hello..Enquiry for Reservation

Hello,

I am a frequent traveler to Bangkok (Leisure / Holiday).

I am arriving in Bangkok on 19.11.2009 (9:00 Am) and will be leaving on 22.11.2009 (7:00 Pm)

Please inform me the following:

1. The Best Price for the Gold and Platinum Room. ** The room rate offer as above by room type category **

2. Any extra price for upgrades. ** Room rate as above **

3. Joiner fees (if any) for Guest in the room. ** Joiner cost will be Baht 1,000.-net on room only/pax **4. I want a smoking Room. ** subject to rooms are available upon arrival **

5. I will be Checking-In at 9:00 Am and Check Out will be between 6 & 7 Pm (Any extra Cost) ** The room will be charge for 1 night **

I am sure that you will offer the best possible discount in prices. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards

i don't get the expensive bit !.

go back to the earlier email.

and there was the no joiners fee.

The Conrad is my favorite in BKK. Better than the Sheraton Grande, me thinks. A steal at $125 IMO. As far as the disco, don't know. Fell in love that week and had BG in tow. Sorry about Windsor. Suites and serviced apts are friendly 90% of the time. The Centrepoint on Soi 10 was maybe the nicest place I've ever stayed. I'd say it was at least 800 sq ft. Probably 2/3 residents though. Not a true 'hotel'. I think I got it for 1800 or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Majestic Grande hotel (not to be confused with Majestics Suites) has a Great location right next to the Marriott, on a par with it but better value. Great breakfast buffet/omelet bar included in room rate. I got an excellent rate on Agoda in the off season, faction of what I’d expect to pay. Wish there was a similar property in Pattaya.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

dream hotel is pretty nice, really nice staff and morning buffet inclusive - book it through 3rd party homepages and get it around 1800 - 2500 baht

when I was there there was also a party with many girls who looked like working girls (high class ones though I guess)