IGNORED

Help Me Get One Year/9 Month Visa From Us

ronnier888

i need a 9 month/1 year visa. i'm under 50 years old, no business or studies in thailand. so as far as i learned i can get a 60+30 visa at thai consulate in US and go make two runs to thai embassy in laos/koala lampur for another 60 +30 days.??or i just checked out siam legal group online and they want $489 us dollars plus another 175 in embassy fees to get me a one year visa that i have to border run restamp every 90 days. does anybody know if the siam legal group is legit and what extra costs i might pay at the border restamp run?? does anybody have a better, easier or cheaper way??? thanks ron

I did the tourist visa route. Got a single entry(60+30) then a visa run to laos for a double entry(60+30), border only run to cambodia and then another 60+30 from the same Visa. Totally it gives you 9 months, only real pain is the Visa run to laos. Cambodia you just enter and leave to get another stamp for 60 days. 30 day extension at Jomtien immigration is a breeze.

I would suggest trying to get a 1 year multiple entry non immigrant 'O' before you come. I heard Houston is the easiest place in the US , I know a guy who got one 'to visit friends'. I would call them and just explain what you want to do. If you can't get this then try to get a double entry tourist visa before you come.

I did the tourist visa route. Got a single entry(60+30) then a visa run to laos for a double entry(60+30), border only run to cambodia and then another 60+30 from the same Visa. Totally it gives you 9 months, only real pain is the Visa run to laos. Cambodia you just enter and leave to get another stamp for 60 days. 30 day extension at Jomtien immigration is a breeze.

I would suggest trying to get a 1 year multiple entry non immigrant 'O' before you come. I heard Houston is the easiest place in the US , I know a guy who got one 'to visit friends'. I would call them and just explain what you want to do. If you can't get this then try to get a double entry tourist visa before you come.

thanks mike. do you know the name of the business in houston or how i might google it? and how much was the laos double(60+60) entry thai visa and laos entry fee? i understand you had to stay overnight in vientien to do the paperwork?

The company wants to charge you nearly $500 for a visa you should be able to get for yourself. The company will be quoting for a non-immigrnat type O visa (the same one that mike_asia suggests.) I would suggest contacting your local emabassy/consulate and ask if they will issue you the visa. The requirements for the visa varies greatly between different offices. This type of visa is your best option for the length of your stay.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

thanks mike. do you know the name of the business in houston or how i might google it? and how much was the laos double(60+60) entry thai visa and laos entry fee? i understand you had to stay overnight in vientien to do the paperwork?

TEXAS (Houston)

ROYAL THAI CONSULATE-GENERAL

600 Travis, Ste. 2800

HOUSTON, TX 77002-3940

Tel : (713) 229-0636

Fax : (713) 228-1303

E-mail : [email protected]

Honorary Consul-General, Mr. Charles C. Foster

For the laos visa i used http://www.1stclassvisaruns.com/schedule.htm for 9400 baht all in. I think you can also do it yourself without any problems, there are many reports on Thai related message boards about this.

Edited by mike_asia

TEXAS (Houston)

ROYAL THAI CONSULATE-GENERAL

600 Travis, Ste. 2800

HOUSTON, TX 77002-3940

Tel : (713) 229-0636

Fax : (713) 228-1303

E-mail : [email protected]

Honorary Consul-General, Mr. Charles C. Foster

For the laos visa i used http://www.1stclassvisaruns.com/schedule.htm for 9400 baht all in. I think you can also do it yourself without any problems, there are many reports on Thai related message boards about this.

thanks for info, i will look into it more, happy surfing, ron

I would contact Ben Hart at http://www.integrity-legal.com/ and see what he can do for you. I just used them to get myself a 1 year business multiple entry visa and it didn't cost that much, $190 for their help + the $175 visa fee. It was hassle free, he just sends you an application packet all filled out all you need to do is sign and date it then send it to the Royal Thai Embassy he recommends along with your passport and you should get it all back in about 10 days. He was very helpful with any questions I had and I will not hesitate a bit to do future business with him.

• 1 year later...

i used ben hart at integrity legal listed above and great price great service. turns out i came back this year just before the visa expires and got 3 more months making it a 15 month visa. i'm going to laos anyway and will get some 60 day visas there this year if no policy changes. the visa faq/ forum somewhere here in the site really was helpful.

I cannot seriously believe it can be any harder in the US than in Australia, it took me less than 20 mins to get a new Non Immigrant Multi Entry "O" in Oz last Thursday, just make sure that you can prove you have an income to support yourself and or that you have plenty of cash in the bank, that is the main interest, they want to know that you will not try to work while you are there.

Bam Bam

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger

Why depend on Tourist visa.... If you stay in Thailand long time, get yourself a ED VISA. That will allow you to stay in Thailand upto 10 years, no need to leave the country every time and no need to have a sum of money on a bank account. More questions, send me PM.

• 5 months later...

anyone got anymore updates on trying to get a non-immigrant Type O visa while in the states?

the siam legal shop is legit. visa runs are easy enough. If anyone has to worry about a few hundred dollars here and there then hanging out (and not earning an income) in thailand for a year should not be considered.

hell, i don't pay for the sex, i pay for the freedom... its a ticket out the door with no obligations...