IGNORED

Postal Costs Of Sending Small Packages To The Uk?

R-KivE

Just wondering what the cost would be to send a t-shirt from Thailand to the UK? Does anyone have a rough idea?

Also do you think its safe to send the odd fake item back as gifts to people?

gk9qT.png

My old man sends me stuff quite often, when he sent 6 or so football shirts i think it came to about 1500 Baht. If its just one then a bit cheaper.

Theres a couple of options, you can go with a company like DHL or UPS or you can use Thai post which is a bit cheaper.

Yeah no problem sending fakes.

Edited by egyptbeef

Too fucking expensive 60 baht for a letter :-(

Sent my kids a present at xmas bye fast post (5days) and customs kept it for two weeks and charged them an extra £28 fucking quid!! Oh i paid nearly 2000baht WHAT A JOKE.

i have sent back about 20 big boxes over the last 2 years and only 1 has not made it out of thailand lost in transit or should i say nicked by a local. i always send by thai post 3-5 day service and the price depends on weight.

its easy, say a football shirt is about 280 baht if its registered and express, that means it has to be signed for when it arrives and it gets anywhere in the world in about 7 days, the more you send obviously the cheaper it gets however bigger packages are subject to more scrutiny

I have sent packages many times from LOS to UK.

I always use the regular postal system and have never once had a problem. It is also considerably cheaper than using a private company such as DHL/Fedex etc.

The important thing to do is stipulate the value of the package to be under £17 (I think that is the threshold where UK Customs and Revenue will charge tax on it). If it's a lot more than that and you are insuring the post, make sure you stipulate "GIFT" on the form that is put on the package (you don't pay tax on receiving a gift).

As for fakes, it comes down to common sense. If you send a considerably volume over, they are likely to be intercepted by the authorities.

Prices, I don't know how much sending a couple of shirts over would be, but it's not much, around 250-300 baht Id say.

Edited by luvyoulongtime

Be careful with the likes of DHL, Fedex etc

Last time i used them (OK, a few years ago now, so they might have changed their policy) they levied an arbitary Customs duty fee to be paid by the reciever. Even though it was clearly marked as under the dutiable(?) limit. They would have probably trousered the fee.

When i called them to enquire about it (i was the reciever) they said it was to "speed the delivery up so that it bypassed customs delays" I told them to fuck off and sue me for it

They sent a few threatening letters which i ignored and they stopped sending them after a few months.

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Too fucking expensive 60 baht for a letter :-(

Sent my kids a present at xmas bye fast post (5days) and customs kept it for two weeks and charged them an extra £28 fucking quid!! Oh i paid nearly 2000baht WHAT A JOKE.

LOL, You yanks have it tough, It's only B24 to send a letter to England. :Bow4:

Where is the post office in pattaya?

I may have a 10 kg shipment to make, it might be best to set up my dhl/tnt order in the uk first then just post in Pattaya.

Soi Post Office 13/2would you believe?

http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?yYvRU25pkcrA8CAA

There is one in Naklua too, if memory serves me right

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine