IGNORED

Mukdahan Province

Braveheart

Mukdahan (Thai: มุกดาหาร) is one of the north-eastern provinces (changwat) of Thailand. To the east it borders Savannakhet Province of Laos.

The province is located in the Mekong valley. In the west of the province are the Phu Phan mountains, which are covered with thick forests.

The city of Mukdahan was founded in 1770 by Chankinnaree, the Prince of Phonsim. It was originally administrated from Udon Thani, but in 1907 it became a district (Amphoe) of Nakhon Phanom province. In 1982 amphoe Mukdahan was upgraded to a province.

The provincial seal shows the Prasart Song Nang Sathit Palace, in which an opal is displayed on a tray.

Provincial tree and flower is Ochna integerrima.

The province is subdivided into 7 districts (Amphoe). The districts are further subdivided into 53 communes (tambon) and 493 villages.

Extracted from Wikipedia: Mukdahan Province

• 1 month later...

Has anyone been to mukdahan,any night life or bars, i am going there soon for the mekong river triathlon .

thanks

paul

Edited by lostinspace

Paul,

I have a friend who will be going to participate in the triathlon...notice I did not say compete!

He has been there before (I think)...I will try to find some info for you, or hook you up with him

Jim

Paul,

I have a friend who will be going to participate in the triathlon...notice I did not say compete!

He has been there before (I think)...I will try to find some info for you, or hook you up with him

Jim

thanks Jim and for the PM.i tried thai visa forum,if they dont know no one will,but no replys yet.

Paul

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I have been to the local night clubs up there, but you need to have fairly good Thai language skills.

They aren't going to go for the P4P thing up there but you never know what your luck is until you give it a whirl.

It's more Laos influence up there and they are very parochial