IGNORED

Is It Safe To Travel To Pattaya By Yourself?

snide8019

I was wondering if it is safe to travel to Pattaya by yourself? It's not easy to convince people to fly to a foreign country. I used to be in the Airforce and lived in Korea and Japan, so I know about Asia.

I was wondering if it is safe to travel to Pattaya by yourself? It's not easy to convince people to fly to a foreign country. I used to be in the Airforce and lived in Korea and Japan, so I know about Asia.

getting there is the easy part..leaving there is the hard bit

I spent 10 days in pattaya without any friends coming along. I had a great time hanging out on Walking Street meeting different Thai ladies. I always felt pretty safe around pattaya.

Loads including myself travel to LOS on their own, it is probably the only place that i know that the very high pecentage of males do this. Read the forum my friend, you will not be on your own for long...GUARANTEED!!!

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

at the moment i would not chance it

as the tourists are down this year and some places are like a ghost town

so you may just get attacked by a load of sex starved ladys/ladyboys lol

:D

:23:

have a nice time

You'll be fine mate.

I always travel over alone.

I've been with mates befoer and it was good, but I prefer having the freedom to do what/who I want when I want. And making decisions by comitte is a pain.

I don't think safety is an issue as long as your sensible.

Don't hang about on the beach in the dark, especially when your really drunk.

Watch out for ladyboys, some of them on beach road are distraction thieves.

Try and get a good bar girl to look after you if you get really drunk.

and leave your valubles/ most of your money in the safe.

oh and don't hire a motorbike.

and you'll be safer than back home, and have a hell of a lot more fun.

I think the majority of BM travel over alone, though many link up with friends in thailand.

cant say ive ever felt unsafe in pattaya, ever. the worst enemy is probably urself, if u get too drunk and oblivious of what ur doing, u can get pickpocketed/robbed in the early hours im sure but thats about it.

meeting up with other westerners is highly suggested tho, a likeminded conversation in proper english keeps u that much more sane again !

Big city common sense rules apply. Simply that.

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.

Be afraid...be very afraid. Traveling to Pattaya alone could result in a Thai girl to take you to her room and do unmentionable things to you. You are not even safe in your own room since the same girl can do the same to you in the privacy of your hotel room. I heard of one guy that was actually raped by a crazed 22 y.o. bargirl.

If traveling alone, I make it a practice to retire early and never open the door for any females at night.

On the other hand, if ladyboys are your thing....

Thank God it is safe..... I have made at least a dozen trips, with 6 of them being down in the bombing capitol in the south, in Sungai Kolok, and if it was not safe, I should be dead or at least robbed into poverty by now.

I can honestly report I am NOT dead. And I have lost a fair few Baht in Thailand, but only by handing it out to beautiful sweet Thai girls, with a smile on both our faces......

snide

i always travel solo because my friends are married but my first trip to pattaya was in 99, 08 & 09. i felt very safe but i also did not stumble around like a target. I my self have been in the airforce reserves now for 7 years. and have been an active duty marine prior. but if you use the knowledge from being stationed in korea you should not have a problem

No problem Probably safer than big western cities in many ways because the street are never empty. And if your wallet is not empty neither will your drink or your bed.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

getting there is the easy part..leaving there is the hard bit

You are not wrong there Redfred!

Went over to Cambodia earlier this year with friends to see Angkor Wat then went on alone to see Thailand. I was a little worried as I went to Cambodia with a Cambodian so I had a built in interpreter. It worried me a little not being able to speak Thai and being by myself. Didn't have any problem with language and traveled the city, Pattaya, all night with no problems. Of course some of the time I had a GG in tow on the way back to my hotel. If you do plan a trip you might as well start planning your return trip as the title of this forum is no accident you will be come a PATTAYA-ADDICT. You will think of little else when you get back home.

I've been to Patts 3 times allways on my own (my mates dont know what they are missing). Allways felt safe there but have been aware of pick pockets and scam artists. First trip I used Dr Love and his night tour guide service and that was good for showing me around. Information on the forums is just as good but i found it better to have someone there with for for the 1st trip.

I've been to Patts 3 times allways on my own (my mates dont know what they are missing). Allways felt safe there but have been aware of pick pockets and scam artists. First trip I used Dr Love and his night tour guide service and that was good for showing me around. Information on the forums is just as good but i found it better to have someone there with for for the 1st trip.

I did not know they had a night guide service. What was the cost?

cant say ive ever felt unsafe in pattaya, ever. the worst enemy is probably urself, if u get too drunk and oblivious of what ur doing, u can get pickpocketed/robbed in the early hours im sure but thats about it.

meeting up with other westerners is highly suggested tho, a likeminded conversation in proper english keeps u that much more sane again !

i agree with that

Best way to stay out of trouble in Thailand is to bring your own woman. It will be safe, but you will regret it for the rest of your life, and your friends will always refer to you as the idiot who went to Thailand and brought his owm woman.

" We didn't necessarily believe you. We believed your $50". Sam Spade (Humphrey Bogart) "The Maltese Falcon"

"What did it matter where you lay once you were dead? In a dirty sump or in a marble tower on top of a high hill? You were dead, you were sleeping the big sleep, you were not bothered by things like that. Oil and water were the same as wind and air to you." Raymond Chandler: The Big Sleep

I've traveled to Pattaya a few times and have always felt safe. I think it's generally safe to move around Pattaya on your own. It's just a matter using your comman sense. Theres the some quite soi's in Pattaya so at night they are not very well lit. So it's best not to walk down them.

When you get on baht bus's(particully at night) be on the look out for gangs of woman/ladyboys. They usually work together to try and rob you. Beware of scam artists who offer you scratch cards. They will offer you 3 scratch cards. Two are no good but you always win a star prize with the 3rd. They then want you to go with them. Ignore these people.

Edited by blue1878

I feel safer in thailand pattaya paqtong .than i do in my own country.hope this helps u .p.s can i have the name and address of the girl in pattaya addicet threads

I travel to Thailand evey year by myself because it is a bother to sync up travel plans with friends.

I have always felt safe and if you read about how foreigners get into trouble over there just avoid what they do.

1. Do not walk around by yourself after 2 am unless you are in a crowded area, like Walking Street. I have read so many stories of some poor farang being beaten and robbed while walking down a lonely soi at 4 in the morning.

2. Do not pick up street walkers.

3. If you are by yourself do not get drunk. Bad people tend to notice when you are alone and drunk.

4. Do not go back to a girl's place unless you know her very well.

5. Do not get into arguments with Thai males, it is not worth it, just walk the other way.

6. And finally, stay away from open balconies above the 5th floor :)

First trip was in 89 all i had was a map of pattaya to find my way around Felt safe then and now

I travel to Thailand evey year by myself because it is a bother to sync up travel plans with friends.

I have always felt safe and if you read about how foreigners get into trouble over there just avoid what they do.

1. Do not walk around by yourself after 2 am unless you are in a crowded area, like Walking Street. I have read so many stories of some poor farang being beaten and robbed while walking down a lonely soi at 4 in the morning.

2. Do not pick up street walkers.

3. If you are by yourself do not get drunk. Bad people tend to notice when you are alone and drunk.

4. Do not go back to a girl's place unless you know her very well.

5. Do not get into arguments with Thai males, it is not worth it, just walk the other way.

6. And finally, stay away from open balconies above the 5th floor :Evil_Grin2:

I have been travelling to Patts for the past threee years alone and thats pretty much what I stick with. I went to Japan, Tokyo in 08 and I was alone and drunk. I got drink spiked and they put $1600 on my creditcard and the Police found me lying in the middle of the road. I have never picked up street walkers not only cause its unsafe but I always ask myself, why arnt they working in a bar? Do they have something (such as HIV etc) which stops them. My doctor in Sydney gave me some great advice. When you go out, only take a photo copy of your passport and a small amount of cash, no expensive items such as watches or jewelery, and no wallet or credit cards so if something does happen they cant take advantage of you.

Its pretty hard to avoid getting drunk alone, but I always have a favourite bar to goto if Im alone to get drunk. I like tim bar or world bar. If you go alone I think you should at least learn some thai. For your own personal safety. Its not a difficult language to learn and you only need to learn a few key phrases. Be careful of baht bus drivers who try to take advantage of you too. I had a thai man try to scam me for 500 baht to drive from tim bar (2nd road) to Big C and when I refused to pay that much he pulled a taser on me. My mate stepped in I was visiting stepped in and helped out. So that last point I agree with too, its not worth it.

Edited by Ugly_Bob

I have been to LOS 3 times alone and have never felt in danger, although I have made sure (a) not to get seriously drunk away from my own hotel (b) never to carry any plastic or too much cash in my wallet - leave that in the hotel safe - when I go out and © to ignore anyone who tries to get into conversation after dark when I am walking in the street. Maybe I have missed out on some fun this way, but it is only what I would do in any strange city .... take no risks. The biggest problem of being on your own is a social one - how to be comfortable in a bar or club? Sometimes if it is quiet they see an older man on his own come in and send the ugliest girl in the place to him and he can't get rid of her! At other times if it is busy they ignore me ...... I wonder why?? I probably don't look like a big spender.

2 guys or more can go in and out of places in a more relaxed way, can move around, chat up lots of girls and can back each other up if there is hassle. This is why the idea of a "wingman" is quite good

Bonzo