IGNORED

Passport For Thai Wife

Siam Sam

My wife's Thai passport runs out next April and she needs to renew it. I am planning to go to the LOS in April a few weeks before it runs out but will she need to renew it before I depart? I know English passports have to be valid for six months after you come back from your holiday. If she needs to renew it, can it be done from the UK easily?

Also next year I'm thinking of travelling to a few neighbouring countries, does my wife need a visa to visit these countries and if she does can the visa be obtained in the LOS when I get there easily and quickly enough? The countries I want to know about are: Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia and Malaysia. I took my wife to Cambodia before and I sorted out the visa at the border before I went in, can this still be done?

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

http://www.thaiembassyuk.org.uk/newversion/guidepassport.html

Looks easy enough,not sure about the visa issues.

Nice one. Just got the Mrs to decipher it all.

Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

You can apply in the UK in London.

And you are not aware obviously the law as regards her Visa its in the old passport ?

You may carry both passports however should you require it transferring into your new passport you require :

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/flr/toc032009

Regards

Paul .

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

You can apply in the UK in London.

And you are not aware obviously the law as regards her Visa its in the old passport ?

You may carry both passports however should you require it transferring into your new passport you require :

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitecontent/applicationforms/flr/toc032009

Regards

Paul .

Cheers mate. Do you have to transfer the visa to the new passport or can you just carry both if you want? I have been trying to contact you for ages Paul, can you give me a call in the evening one day as we need to talk.

"Up to me" since 2005

I'm in Thailand awaiting my work permit.

No she may carry both passports when she travels showing her FLR in the UK.

Email me if you require any further help.

Thai Visa Express

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

I'm in Thailand awaiting my work permit.

No she may carry both passports when she travels showing her FLR in the UK.

Email me if you require any further help.

OK cool. What's an FLR?

Call me when you're back home.

"Up to me" since 2005

Further leave to remain in the UK.

Thai Visa Express

• 4 weeks later...

Thais will not need a visa to enter Cambodia from about February next year.They don't need a visa to enter Malaysia, just get a month's entry stamp on arrival.Sorry, not sure about Laos and Vietnam