IGNORED

Any Nice Restaurant Recommendations?

Any recommendations for a nice restaurant, had a look at Manhattans that looks pretty nice but a small menu selection.

Thanks

Sam

I like Ruan thai 2nd road opposite the Marriot hotel, they do nice sea food with live thai music and dancing, I always have a few meals there every trip, ive tried a few on Walking Street more expensive and the food wasnt as good. adi

Money Can't Buy Life Robert Nesta Marley

I highly recommend the Len Kee Thai restaurant on Pattaya Klang (2 blocks up from Soi Buakhow)

This is the view on Pattaya Klang (it the restaurant on the corner of the Soi)

http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?2LxRUhtskcMD6CAA

Nice location to sit and watch the world go by. The food is top class and reasonably cheap.

I recommend the Pla Sam Rod fish dish. It is to die for. There soups and noodle dishes are also great.

if you like sea food try marine foods near soi diamond of walking st,i have eaten there quite a few times food is excellant and not to pricey

I highly recommend the Len Kee Thai restaurant on Pattaya Klang (2 blocks up from Soi Buakhow)

This is the view on Pattaya Klang (it the restaurant on the corner of the Soi)

http://www.pattayaphotoguide.com/?2LxRUhtskcMD6CAA

Nice location to sit and watch the world go by. The food is top class and reasonably cheap.

I recommend the Pla Sam Rod fish dish. It is to die for. There soups and noodle dishes are also great.

agreed about this place, but try the duck. (i thought this place was more Chinese than Thai)

"ALOHA" the Hawaiian restaurant on the 2d road, almost opposite of Royal Garden, is pretty nice, menu with pictures . I like oysters there. Also they have big coctail menu

For a romantic, bit fancy evening, I recommend the gabbabe and condoms restaurant, over a cliff on Buddah hill between Patts and Jomtien.

Special Thai food, very cosy athmosphere, but more for a special occasion!

Pak Boon Loy Fa restaurant on Second Road just across from Soi 15, just north of Soi 13/4 (Pattayaland 2)

Any place that is frequented by local Thais has gotta be good.

Its not the nicest looking but the food is fresh and tons of selections. Cheap too.

Edited by SlickMonkey

Yes,,I just ate at Ruen Thai this past trip,,it was pretty good,,have thai dancing,,food pretty good,,not as pricey as first thought..It is nice place to bring your 'date'..

Chok dee,

HOKS

• 1 month later...

couple of good ones on boukhao, nom chai, the building which is painted all bright green inside. (opposite robins nest) Also len kee as mentioned above. also try the restaurant underneath the LK hotel, very nice. they are all so much cheaper than on beach rd IMO

Any recommendations for a nice restaurant, had a look at Manhattans that looks pretty nice but a small menu selection.

Thanks

Sam

I believe Manhattans is very nice but also very expensive

Concur re Cherrys on 3rd.

Three good french places: La Strogoff on soi 13/1 (north side), Ma Masion on soi 13 (north side), and

La Cape Breton on Soi Chaiyapoon (south side halfway down).

The Chinese restaurant at the Dusit is nice but pricey. Service, etc. though is excellent. Not for everyday eating.

The PIC-Kitchen in Soi 5 is well worth a visit

www.pic-kitchen.com

Now this is my subject being a concierge for many years.

Big Horn Steak House and Patrick's Belgium restaurant (Steak) - Soi Diana

Leng Kee / Chow Soi - Chinese / Thai

Dusit hotel for Saturday evening 5 star Buffet - Super view and the best of everything - Pricey at about 1000 baht.

SugerHut / Thai - Between Pattaya and Jomtien

Tikka House - Indian - Soi Boukow

Vientiene - Vietnamese / Thai - Pattaya Tai

Chez George - French - Third Road near Leng Kee plaza

You will find that the street food and local restaurants are super cheap and very good if price is a issue. If you need more help just email.

Now this is my subject being a concierge for many years.

Big Horn Steak House and Patrick's Belgium restaurant (Steak) - Soi Diana

Leng Kee / Chow Soi - Chinese / Thai

Dusit Hotel for Saturday evening 5 star Buffet - Super view and the best of everything - Pricey at about 1000 baht.

SugerHut / Thai - Between Pattaya and Jomtien

Tikka House - Indian - Soi Boukow

Vientiene - Vietnamese / Thai - Pattaya Tai

Chez George - French - Third Road near Leng Kee plaza

You will find that the street food and local restaurants are super cheap and very good if price is a issue. If you need more help just email.

Please give me the top 5 resto's for thai food.

I only eat thai food on my trip to thailand. I love it !

A good seafood pad thai.

5bc23fbaa550c_thaibox.gif.69fcc04145d2d7dc5a09f5db98e051d2.gif

Please give me the top 5 resto's for thai food.

I only eat thai food on my trip to thailand. I love it !

A good seafood pad thai.

1)Sugarhut

2)Leng Kee

3)Theppasit weekend night market

4)Cherry's

5)There's a great hole in the wall place with no name Next to Buokow Clinic near Soi Diana and also Soi Diana at Soi LK Metro is a stand that most thai's go to for Pad Thai Gung

Good inexpensive food, English & Thai.

Seaside Restaurant. Soi Chaiyapoon.

A mans gotta do, what a mans gotta do!

When all is said and done, more is said than done!

• 4 weeks later...

Been over 10 times to my favourite restaurant, Casa Pascals, and always come away impressed. It's right next door to Ruen Thai restaurant. I always stick to the set menu, usually around 650 Bt for 4 courses. Had some amazing food there, starters mains and desserts all top notch.

Comparing Casa Pascals to somewhere like Cherrys is chalk and cheese, they're so far apart in quality its scary.

Edited by buckowski

Depends on what kind of food you want. If you're with a Thai girl and want to treat her to a nice meal (not too expensive), Mum Aroi on 3rd Road (just North of Pattaya Klang) or better yet the one on the beach in Naklua are good. Fish & chips - Goose's on 2nd Rd between Soi 7 and 8. Italian - Toscana on Beach Road. Great atmosphere and service with good (not great) food is Mantra. The Sunday brunch there is excellent. Traditional European (french influence) - Bruno's.

Good value (not super cheap) for money - Cherry's (3rd rd), Tequila Reef (Pattaya Beach soi 7). Cheap eats - Sailor Bar (Beach Rd soi 8)

I visted Mantra based on a Lonely Planet review. It's by Amari at the North end of Pattaya just where Beach Road ends. It is a high class cool place ... with food for any taste. I'd recommend upstairs over the down if you want more "effect".

WARNING though it is expensive, forcing myself to only one glass of wine the bill will still run you about 1500/pp. They have six or seven different kitchens serving specific cuisine ... i stuck to Chinese and Thai, but looked like great Indian as well as Italian. Worth a splurge if you are not on a budget.