Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Cost Of Flights Over The Xmas & New Year Period

R-KivE

Right I understand that the flights will be expensive either side of the festivities, but what is a good price to pay from the UK?

The dates I'm thinking are mid December till January/February.

gk9qT.png

Right I understand that the flights will be expensive either side of the festivities, but what is a good price to pay from the UK?

The dates I'm thinking are mid December till January/February.

I booked end of may to fly from Newcastle on Dec 24 (arrive BKK 0700 on 25th) and return Feb 9th.... £561 which i was happy to pay.

<!-- isHtml:1 -->

I usually pay around £600 3 months before travel, anything under is a good, prices drop £100 or so after new years day. adi

Money Can't Buy Life Robert Nesta Marley

• 2 weeks later...

Prices tend to jump if your outbound flight is after 11-Dec so go a little earlier if you can. You seem to be spending about 2 months away so your return flight will be outside the "peak" period.

I usually pay £500 to £550 for mid-Dec to early Jan but there don't seem to be those prices yet this year. I can only assume the airlines are holding off on offers in the hope the economy takes an upturn and they won't have to slash prices to put bums on seats.

GR.

Currently at home until after the Wet Season. See you again in Sept.

Update - couldn't wait until Sept, booked for early July.

• 1 month later...

I'm trying to get a flight from Scotland for my mate flying round about the 22nd Dec and staying for about 2 weeks. The Emirates site is quoting £1165!!

I think and hope its just too early to book just now at these prices. Are there any other BM having the same problems trying to get flights for that time of the year? CheersGoldenSmile1.gif

i got a quote lastnight from asda-travel.com £535 flyin with air china and returning with jet airways that was from lhr great price for xmas that was flying out on 18th december and returnin 2nd january.

booked my flight last month paid £480 with Etihad flying out 30th Dec until 23rd Jan, the price goes down if you go after Xmas

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Building A House In The Village

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK

Booked about 1 or 2 months ago, Thai Airways direct for £582, early Dec to early Jan. Same quote today was about £1200!!! FFS! Me no understand!

My Pattaya budget is perfectly adequate as long as I don't spend any of it

try westeasttravel as they have some specials on under £200

with etihad but that is without airport tax and fuel tax

just click on specials see prices and phone them refrence it

and find out the total its worth a call

I paid £499 inc all taxes from Manchester - BKK leaving 28th November coming back 31st December. NYE doesn't bother me at all. If my return flight was 1 day later, the price would have doubled.

Also notice Qatar are flying out on the same dates for only £370 inc all taxes which is very good although you have an 8 hour stopover in Doha.

I wouldn't even like an 8 minute stopover in Doha. What a shithole! The Qatar flight was good though and reasonable prices.

I paid 880 euro 26 dec to 5 jan could have got it for 730 but i wanted a flxi ticket might get to stay on for another week or two traveled from lhr in may for 320 pounds with eva and only booked the night before , this year i dont thing there will we any late offers as most seat are geting booked up

Holy fecking shit. Just checked flights for xmas.

1 month ago, £550 from Newcastle.

Now, £1000 from Newcastle & £650 from Heathrow. :GoldenSmile1:

The layovers are fecking ridicululous!!!

I can't get the cash for the flight for 2 months as well. How much will they be then? :)

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

Hope it works out for you El Cata. Always a gamble to either book early and commit or wait for a bargain later in the day. As you said, you have no choice so fingers crossed you can get out there.

Edited by eanto

Hope it works out for you El Cata. Always a gamble to either book early and commit or wait for a bargain later in the day. As you said, you have no choice so fingers crossed you can get out there.

Thanks for the good karma eanto. :GoldenSmile1:

So there are late deals to be had, even over xmas....I hope so!

I've just started my PGCE, which is a make or break career move, so my dates are restricted.

Hope I can make it, as I won't have seen my tilak for 8 months come xmas.

Thanks again :)

Peace.

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

Hope I can make it, as I won't have seen my tilak for 8 months come xmas.

I'd take a guess that she hasn't been lonely!! I love it over there at Xmas/NY. Spent last Christmas day on Soi 6, didn't get any turkey though!

I'd take a guess that she hasn't been lonely!!...

OI!!! I've just noticed your comment, you cheeky bar steward.

My tilak is different to all the rest. She has 'stop work bar' & is back in the village...BLAH BLAH BLAH. :GoldenSmile1:

...I love it over there at Xmas/NY. Spent last Christmas day on Soi 6, didn't get any turkey though!

Hope you get stuffed this year. :Beer1:

Peace.

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif