IGNORED

Cambodia Border Runs Only Giving 15 Days Now?

Angelo

I did a visa run to Cambo a couple of days ago and was shocked to see they only gave me 15 days (actually 14 since they included that day).

I asked the guy from the visa run company and he said this is a new rule that's been in place since New years. I thought that maybe they singled me out since my passport is full of Cambo visas and I almost didn't have enough room in my passport for the new stamps. And this was my first run for a 30 day stamp in a year, before I had a tourist visa so it wasn't like I was on my 3rd one or anything. The visa run guy suggested going to Laos to get another tourist visa but that's a pain in the ass.

Anyone else only get 15 days? This is just stupid. They whine about not having enough tourists but when we want to stay a while longer, they cut our time in half. Add to that the 150 baht rip off when using the ATM and their tourist industry recovery plan sounds just great, I can't imagine why the hotels aren't completely full!

There have been a lot of posts about this a while back, It was expected, I think they have too many people form all over the place staying too long and needed to get things under control. You just need to read about all the scammers running about and you can see why.

Its been in place for awhile now, you can only get 30 days by flying out of the country and returning.

Air asia offer very cheap return flights to Kuala lumpur and its only a 50 minute flight

Last November I went to Poipet for 2 days which is literally a 200 meter walk across the Thailand border. Coming back they gave me another 30 days but there were signs up for 15 at that time.

In March went back to Poipet, and upon I got 15 days which made the end date even BEFORE my original 30 day stamp when I arrived in Bangkok. Now that is really stupid.

Fortunately I didn't need more than 15 days.

Well that sucks. Luckily I only needed 30 days so I guess I can do another 15 day run.

They picked a good time to change the rule. All it does it make it more difficult for tourists. Those looking to stay long term can still do runs to Laos so they aren't plugging any holes or fixing an issues if there are any.

Guess I'll be eying that one year visa next time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a one-year tourist visa issued in the UK and allowing maximum 90 day stays until you need to cross the border. When I did my border run to Cambodia in late-May, I received a full 90 days.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men

How many times do you have to do the 15 day border run before you have to do an international flight return run.

Men fall in love by their eye`s, woman fall in love by their ear`s.