IGNORED

Cafe Pitini Review-Worst Ever Service

Well i will try it out velly soon actually...will report back

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always found the food to be good. Bruce is also a good fella

The criticisms of Pitini just don't fit with my experiences. Been going there for two years every week and the food has always been above the normal (the tales, eighteen coins, robin's nest etc - and even these places are fine by me). The same goes for the service - always polite (na kah) and some of them genuinely trying to be funny in a language that is not their own. Let's be clear though - customers who hug ONE coffee for two hours and plug into the power socket for the duration (yes, you know who you are, in whichever establishment it happens to be) customers who then leave a one baht (for example) tip, these customers are nothing more than a nuisance in the city. Businesses are not in business to fund your lifestyle.

mmmmmmmmmmm yes some good points.maybe that's why the owner and his staff are not happy people............chair huggers.

He should set up a seat limit then like even Mcdonalds does in Canada, 20 minutes and get the fuck out.

I have been going there almost daily for years, only coffee.. The other day when I paid my bill I took a number of servietes from the counter to clean my glasses, which were smudged. One of the serving staff abused me in a loud voice, and when I said I wanted them to clean my glasses she shouted out "You buy 7-11" Not much appears to have changed then!!

The coffee is good and a reasonable price, but the tip I left every day will now go towards a box of serviettes at 7-11 and not into the tip box....

,Hi Pitini Cafe!!

Cannot wait to come back to pattaya for my christmas break,i have been looking at all this crap on the net and find it sad :SoWhat1:

my friend lives in pattaya and goes into pitini and knows the owner,he spoke with the owner and mentioned about all this crap on the net, hes said he was tied with all the bullshit and lias that people tell and then hide behide the net

he told my friend that the first guy that started the (beware cafe pitini) now comes into cafe pitini nearly every day, so i will leave it to you to make your own mind up on that one!

the guy that was saying he was using the internet was in the coffee shop for just under three hours which he had done for a week and sat at a table of four and used hes electric with one cup of coffee, its a business not a charity to cheap charlie ass holes pal!! are you a ballon chaser ?? the check bin ticket with the time on the owner still has if you want to check it out ass hole!!

the guy that likes the serviets for cleaning hes glasses i hear he had been taking hand fulls of them for years!! and the owner never said a word about him stealing them! also he took sugars and put them in hes pocket!!, this guy would sit readding the paper for a hour or more and then do the cross word in the bangkok post and just sit and buy one cup of coffee,i am sure the owner will be saving money now this twat not going there any more and as for the waitressess my friend said when he asked the waitressess about this guy there happy hes gone as they do not need to refill the serviets boxes anymore and yes they sure will not miss hes one baht tip!!

If people are going to make comments on this site tell the truth you tight ass bullshitters!! hiding behind your laptops with f-----all else to do.

go and see the owner hes a great guy and i am sure he will be happy to awnser any think you have a problem with, keep up the good work you pitini girls and see you all soon! :GoldenSmile1:

Just get on with it and eat elsewhere - thousands of other options. Plenty of falang managed decent establishments that really have drilled the meaning of customer service into their staff, you can see it.

Many places have pissed me off with their service, argued over 20-50 baht etc - it's just not worth it. Move on.

What they don't realise, and never will, is that they will never see another satang from me again - they don't care about repeat business, maybe they don't need it, I don't know.

ipUTkd7VLymwJ.gif

me and my mrs just spent a month in patts ,im a fussy eater ,we ate at cafe pitini at leasts 16 times ,all i can say is the food was great and the staff were very friendly .

I eat there regularly and food and drinks are just as nice and service is warm and friendly just as always been for years, and in a nice quality premises on soi buakow, as there isnt that many to my mind.

Bruce the boss is nice bloke too and not surprised hes fed up with some idiots that are 2 hr coffee chair huggers stopping other people wanting to eat there.

Wil continue to go there and mid-afternoons are great for people watching along the buakow out on the outdoor terrace over a coffee or 2!!!

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

Welll..............said I will /would try this place out as soon as I can.........I did today.........a little bit nervous on entering reading the bad reviews..........butI found it completely opposite of the bad reviews.

Ordered the American breakfast...........139 baht..............friendly staff..........clean toilets........excellent food.........so much i couldnt eat it all......sorry I cannot fault the place.

DSCN0237.JPG

DSCN0242.JPG

DSCN0241.JPG

,Hi Pitini Cafe!!

Cannot wait to come back to pattaya for my christmas break,i have been looking at all this crap on the net and find it sad :SoWhat1:

my friend lives in pattaya and goes into pitini and knows the owner,he spoke with the owner and mentioned about all this crap on the net, hes said he was tied with all the bullshit and lias that people tell and then hide behide the net

he told my friend that the first guy that started the (beware cafe pitini) now comes into cafe pitini nearly every day, so i will leave it to you to make your own mind up on that one!

the guy that was saying he was using the internet was in the coffee shop for just under three hours which he had done for a week and sat at a table of four and used hes electric with one cup of coffee, its a business not a charity to cheap charlie ass holes pal!! are you a ballon chaser ?? the check bin ticket with the time on the owner still has if you want to check it out ass hole!!

the guy that likes the serviets for cleaning hes glasses i hear he had been taking hand fulls of them for years!! and the owner never said a word about him stealing them! also he took sugars and put them in hes pocket!!, this guy would sit readding the paper for a hour or more and then do the cross word in the bangkok post and just sit and buy one cup of coffee,i am sure the owner will be saving money now this twat not going there any more and as for the waitressess my friend said when he asked the waitressess about this guy there happy hes gone as they do not need to refill the serviets boxes anymore and yes they sure will not miss hes one baht tip!!

If people are going to make comments on this site tell the truth you tight ass bullshitters!! hiding behind your laptops with f-----all else to do.

go and see the owner hes a great guy and i am sure he will be happy to awnser any think you have a problem with, keep up the good work you pitini girls and see you all soon! :GoldenSmile1:

Can't see what they have to gain by telling lies ,and criticizing a place they use (abuse ) a lot ..Mr Tissue not one tissue ,a handful every day ,the staff say your 1BAHT tip will not be missed.How many 1Baht = one box .The first post ,Mr Sandwich,was more interested in getting it for FREE,than the wait,and threatened,to post on the web a bad report (As you can see he started this).Now he is back most days enjoying his coffee.Mr Bruce say's he can stand fair criticism ,but not lies.

Welll..............said I will /would try this place out as soon as I can.........I did today.........a little bit nervous on entering reading the bad reviews..........butI found it completely opposite of the bad reviews.

Ordered the American breakfast...........139 baht..............friendly staff..........clean toilets........excellent food.........so much i couldnt eat it all......sorry I cannot fault the place.

You must have been in there today not long after I left ?

Eat the breakfast there regularly and always good, only complaint would be the VERY LOUD Italians ( ? ) who sit outside and nurse their expresso for an hour or more, but at least they're not using the wifi.

BTW that's the full English breakfast you had.

This place has gotten so many mixed reviews I feel I have to check them out for myself and make up my own mind. I've been to bad service places in the past but never felt the need to make a thread about it, I just moved on and didn't come back; whether it's go-go, beer bar, restaraunt, sales or food stand. What happend to me in one place doesn't mean it will happen to each and every customer.

Life is too short to get your panties in a twist over some bad service, let it go and move on.

• 2 weeks later...

Eaten a few times at this place, lot of times very quiet but food and coffee always good imho

Arrived in pattaya late July 2011. It's now 2012. For the past 6 months I have been eating breakfast at pitini's almost every single day. I have nothing but good things to say about this place. Met and made friends in this place, as many regulars continue to return to this fineestablishment. Staff are top notch and professional.

My only complaint is that they are almost to friendly. When I check bin and leave, I always get a "thank you, bye bye" from all the staff and find myself saying bye bye...thank you...many times.....which annoys me somewhat. Never had a problem with the food or staff, and when I did, it was very minor. No reason for complaint, people are human, everyone makes a mistake sometimes.

The owner is top notch and friendly, takes the time to sit down and chat sometimes, and on occasion buys a round of coffee's for everyone. Great guy. He is friendly, and actually tolerant of the cheap Charlie's that come in.

Only thing this thread is about is cheap charlie's getting caught stealing/being a cheap ass, and trying to flame the restaurant. You can't continuely come to a restaurant, only order a coffee, reading the restaurant's newspapers for free(doodling the puzzles in the life section of the Bangkok post) for hours, using electricity for your electronics, and, lifting sugar packets and napkins on your way out. shameful.

,Hi Pitini Cafe!!

http://www.pattaya-live.com/index.php?showtopic=20955&st=40 - Same monty from this thread?

So obvious you're the owner or have some affiliation with the owner (other than being a regular customer).

,Hi Pitini Cafe!!

The guy who started the thread, Kuffki is a close friend of mine and i am happy to bet my house that not only he does not go there everyday, but has not even been back there ever since.

Seems the owner finally discovered internet but rather than addressing the issues to attract customers he is scapegoating.

Personally, i would come up with a good review for "myself" rather than come up with fiction.

UP

Quality of food very good (almost 80% from the menu list).

Coffee quality almost flawless (my second choice after Coffee Mania next to Thai Airways branch).

Quality of the wine good enough.

Behavior of Staff 30+ flawless.

There is no charge for Internet connection.

Down

Behavior of staff 30- moderate to poor (sometimes even they look happy seems that they want boxing you just because you are Farang).

Charge power consumption for laptop 50 baht per hour without a sign that informs customers

Diirect service to customers who have just sit but indifference to customers who already have ordered (often people of the stuff are talking to each other and not pay attention to customers)

Quality of Meals served 8/10

Quality of coffee 8/10

Quality of wine 7/10

Newspapers & Magazines 8/10

Personalisation of Service 5/10

Responding to Requests if possible 9/10

Staff : Service Efficiency 6/10

Staff : Enthusiasm, Attitude Young Staff 5/10, 8/10 Old staff

Staff : Problem Solving 4/10

Staff : Language Skills 9/10

Lounge comfort, space 8/10

Washroom Cleanliness 8/10

Washroom Cleanliness 8/10

I agree.I took a pic

DSCN0236.JPG

I tried Pitini for the first time this afternoon, ordering the saturday special, sirloin steak with mushroom gravy. I also had an Irish Coffee and piece of blueberry-apple pie ala mode for desert. Check bin was around 450 baht. Later, I seriously considered calling for an ambulence as my stomach was tied up in knots for hours, but condition improved a bit after puking my guts out. I don't think I'll be eating any solid food tomorrow, and certainly won't be dining at Patini again. Service was good, however.

Retired

The Saturday special isnt that good with the steaks being local thai steaks and can be chewy at times to say the least, but the other daily specials are ok.

Always go for the popular Sunday roast options of Roast beef or chicken with trimmings and yorkshire pudd for 149bt, good portion and nice.

If have enough room left then the apple/cinnamon pie is great too with ice cream at 99bt.

As said before the coffee is excellent as you wouldnt get all those noisy Italians or Turks coming everyday there for hours on end.

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

• 2 months later...

Jeez the OP takes his salmon sandwiches seriously.

I have lost count of the times I have eaten breakfast and main meal in Cafe Pitini over a span of about 4 years or so with absolutely no problem at all from the staff or any food or order issues.

I would actually recommend the place.

Last time I was in there was I think the day before Christmas Eve, I hadn't been there for a while and Bruce came over and chatted to us.

A friendly atmosphere is what I am saying. Bruce is not my friend, he is the manager/owner of Cafe Pitini.

I had an omelette one day in another place quite famous in Patts thats mentioned many times on this board (not Canterbury Tales as I've had breakfast there too and it was good) and when it was thrown on the table it looked like someone had been sick on the plate, but I wont mention who they are. I dont agree with that sort of thing because it can be misleading and unfair to the owner/proprietor and sometimes can be wildly exaggerated and a lot of the time plain malicious on the internet. I did get food poisioning from something I ate from Witherspoons a couple of years ago but they have new management now and a different regime.

I'm not disbelieving anybody when they say the service they received wasn't up to scratch but it's easy to jump on the bandwagon and then you get all the vultures picking away at the carcass that isn't here to defend themselves.

10/10 times situations can be resolved to everybodies satisfaction with a calm word with the farang owner/manager.

Archived