IGNORED

Cafe Pitini Review-Worst Ever Service

Huh,

I don't know why this thread got brought back from the dead, but on the upside it did remind me how much I don't miss General Dread.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That won't stop him getting his plugs in. Got to offset his own reviews somewhere.

I went there 2 days ago, persuaded by a friend that, although a bit more expensive than some it was good.

A waitress came and gave me a menu but I wanted the special (quicker?) so I glanced at it and put it down. She didn't return and 5 minutes later 3 guys came in, made a bit of fuss and got their order taken by the other girl. My girl still didn't return by the time the others got their drinks and eventually came to take my order.

Another 5 mins and I got my water and Espresso. Espresso? I ordered the Special!!

I was still in good humour so I laughed and said OK I keep.

About 15 mins later still no sign of my Special - the other 3 had finished and left.

Eventually I got the attention of a waitress and she went to wake the cook up.

10 or so more minutes and my Special arrived.

Nothing special about it but it was just OK.

One more expat who knows better than to go again.

For quality and price (lower than Pitini by about 50 baht) I still struggle to find better than Seaside Restaurant - the one off Soi 7 near the beach rather than the other one in Soi Chapoom/whatever.

So basically almost year later after my experience and review-not much has changed. In good spirit they kept the bad service, bad manners and attitude.

Thats what you call "good business"-LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvL2eYQ7YM&feature=related

There are three sides to every argument: your side, my side and the right side.

Thank God I'm an atheist.

I wonder where this antipropaganda comes from but the enemies of Pittini, although not all capable of spelling the name correctly, seem to be well organized.

I like the Pittini as about the only place along Soi Buakhao where I can sit in style reading or browsing (they have free Wifi), either on the terrace or in the air-conditioned restaurant, without being harrassed, sexually or acoustically, by bargirls, ladyboys or drunkards. The Pittini coffee is a bit milder and does not have quite the flavor of Mokador or Benjamit (on the Buakhao Market square), but their staff know how to prepare the perfect cappuccino.

I don't go to the Pittini very often, but I have always been served promptly and courteously and never had a problem with the staff.

This is a forum idiot. You expect different views and opinions, without which it wouldn't function.

Trying to make your opininion or experience more important than anyone else's by larging it up is pathetic.

Any fool can do that as you can see. You do not do your friend's cause any good by being a prat.

I gave an accurate and fair account of my experience there. That was a year after the OP's post and suddenly I'm accused of being in some sort of conspiracy by the enemies of Patini/Pitini/who-gives-one (if you're going to be picky about spelling you could start by spelling 'harassed' correctly) to produce antipropaganda (I presume you mean propaganda).

You had your experience there and I had mine. They were apparently different, but you only speak of a coffee or two you buy to use the free internet. Coffee really isn't difficult to serve and, as I said the 3 guys who came in after me and got their drinks before my order was even taken were no doubt satisfied with the service. The accounts in this thread refer to the problems of ordering food, so yours is not really relevant.

I'm not surprised you can sit there undisturbed, reading, sipping your coffee and browsing the net for free. If they were any good at serving food then maybe you'd be asked to move on and spend 20 baht in the internet shop. Be grateful for that.

I went there 2 days ago, persuaded by a friend that, although a bit more expensive than some it was good.

A waitress came and gave me a menu but I wanted the special (quicker?) so I glanced at it and put it down. She didn't return and 5 minutes later 3 guys came in, made a bit of fuss and got their order taken by the other girl. My girl still didn't return by the time the others got their drinks and eventually came to take my order.

Another 5 mins and I got my water and Espresso. Espresso? I ordered the Special!!

I was still in good humour so I laughed and said OK I keep.

About 15 mins later still no sign of my Special - the other 3 had finished and left.

Eventually I got the attention of a waitress and she went to wake the cook up.

10 or so more minutes and my Special arrived.

Nothing special about it but it was just OK.

One more expat who knows better than to go again.

For quality and price (lower than Pitini by about 50 baht) I still struggle to find better than Seaside Restaurant - the one off Soi 7 near the beach rather than the other one in Soi Chapoom/whatever.

the enemies of Pittini,

Comedy, like a coffee shop would rate 'enemies'.

Comedy, like a coffee shop would rate 'enemies'.

Lol - I was in The Codger Supremacy and The Codger Ultimatum all in one for a while there.

Fcuk me, all I said was they serve unspecial specials at an unspecial price in a very poor way. IME!

Anyway, I'm not likely to disturb Mr Plateeniewotsit's friend sitting in his little ivory sanctuary so lucky him.

I'll expect his repost around elenensies. :Agree1:

I wonder where this antipropaganda comes from but the enemies of Pittini, although not all capable of spelling the name correctly, seem to be well organized.

I like the Pittini as about the only place along Soi Buakhao where I can sit in style reading or browsing (they have free Wifi), either on the terrace or in the air-conditioned restaurant, without being harrassed, sexually or acoustically, by bargirls, ladyboys or drunkards. The Pittini coffee is a bit milder and does not have quite the flavor of Mokador or Benjamit (on the Buakhao Market square), but their staff know how to prepare the perfect cappuccino.

I don't go to the Pittini very often, but I have always been served promptly and courteously and never had a problem with the staff.

LOL, there is always one in the crowd, is not there?

Thank god they know how to brew a coffee cause if they did not that would another post to make.

If you enjoy your time there, keep going there, clearly you can not afford to go to internet cafe to use internet nor can you afford to have one in your room, so cafe Pittini is a perfect place for you!

And yes we all got together and formed an anti cafe Pittini party, next week we all gonna get together, wear purple shirts and go blockade it. As that place is now on the enemy list.

I will also contact USA embassy and ask them to have it on terrorist watch list. :Agree1:

I used to go there a lot, but have to admit it has changed over time. The second last time that I was there a couple of months ago there was a very drunk & abusive old Thai lady that came up on the deck & continued to verbally assault all farang, we had to go inside. Not 1 staff member spoke to her. She stayed there & abusing every farang coming in & out of the store. She was still there when I left 30 minutes later.

The last time I was there 4 weeks ago, I met a friend there witch was already having a coffee, after 6 or 7 minutes I managed to ask for a menu. We sat there for another 10 minutes & I decided not to order as no body seemed interested in taking it. My friend had to walk inside to pay for his coffee as we could not get attention to check bin either. I wont say that I wont try again 1 day as it may get its shit together.

......................after 6 or 7 minutes I managed to ask for a menu. We sat there for another 10 minutes & I decided not to order as no body seemed interested in taking it. My friend had to walk inside to pay for his coffee as we could not get attention to check bin either. I wont say that I wont try again 1 day as it may get its shit together.

That was my experience too, except that I was stupid enough to persevere until they took my order - mistake!!

It sounds like it's Mr. Pettyini's business plan - to wind up with no business - except the coffee of course.

......the enemies of Pittini seem to be well organized.........................................

........where I can sit in style - lol, how do you do that?........................

Oh well, looks like he's dropped orf over his coffee.

Don't he know there's a war on here? :Chokdee:

I've never enjoyed a food thread so much. To the extent I actually want to go there now!! The antiprop is having the opposite effect. Of course no good would come of me going as I'm sure these bad reviews are accurate. But sometimes I just have to do something even when I know no good will come of it. I'm that kind of person. And I'm staying on buakhao.

[edit: oh and the Enemies of Pittini sounds like a good title for a war novel. It would undoubtedly get snapped up and turned into a film. The enemas of Pittini sounds good, too. Different kind of movie, though]

I've never enjoyed a food thread so much. To the extent I actually want to go there now!! The antiprop is having the opposite effect. Of course no good would come of me going as I'm sure these bad reviews are accurate. But sometimes I just have to do something even when I know no good will come of it. I'm that kind of person. And I'm staying on buakhao.

[edit: oh and the Enemies of Pittini sounds like a good title for a war novel. It would undoubtedly get snapped up and turned into a film. The enemas of Pittini sounds good, too. Different kind of movie, though]

I think the main point many members tried to make was that the food was not so bad, it is more the customer service issues.

In my personal experience, once again, i will not say it was the worst meal ever, it was a normal meal at an over priced price. My main issue was/is the customer service-rudeness not only of the staff but the management and owners. I think to get bad service after you have made complains is not very uncommon, but to get bad and rude service just to make an order-this is unacceptable in any part of the world.

I've never enjoyed a food thread so much. To the extent I actually want to go there now!!

You should go. You owe it to your conscience. You can't just stand on the sidelines on these big issues in life.

How can you sleep your days away not knowing if this really is a Conspiracy by the EoP?

It'll be too late when there are rivers of HP sauce running down the Sois.

Stand up and be counted. Do it tomorrow and report back forthwith.

it's true what they say in that theres no such thing as bad publicity, surely many members will go to this establishment just to see what all the fuss has been about.

it's been a great read by the way! the humour involved is right right up my street -insert joke here!

WTF - I was passing by this morning and the name of the place is emblazoned across both windows - Pitini with one 't'.

By now, I'm beginning to wonder if bartester is actually a member of the EoP, acting under cover.

I think he has placed his Troll Post purely to keep this "AntiPropaganda" thread alive. Good job!

• 1 year later...

I can just concur with the stuff that has been written above.

So not much seems to have changed since 1 year ago.

Half of the staff is still unfriendly, if I smile escapes from some of them, it must be a great day.

Food still highly priced - even in Starbucks they don't charge 100 Baht for a piece of cake.

Whatever, I didn't order food for 9 of 10 times and just stayed with a coffee.

But now, the owner is giving customers shyte if they are using his wifi but only order something small.

I dared to use one of his power plugs outside for my notebook - of course, not without politely

asking the staff first.

After a few visits of me drinking coffee and working on my computer (never longer than 1 hour),

the owner (?) stopped greeting me but only greeted the other customers. I wondered about that

a bit but wtf, not everyone is a friendly person. At one day, however, he suddenly appeared right

in front of me and told me that if I'm just drinking coffee, he loses money - and that in front

of all the other customers, in a very loud and harsh tone.

Unbelievable, I was speechless! I left right after that and will never ever return. And of course,

not miss any chance to tell everyone about my experience. The Thai word "kineau" has to be

redefined, I have never met such a greedy person and a manager with such a lack of understanding

of doing business.

Since I was quite happy there for a while, I've also occasionally met friends there, was there with

my wife etc., that will all stop now.

For the records, my notebook uses less than 1,20 Baht of electricity per hour,

and that's quite average for a notebook computer.

Since then I've found other cafes - many popped up during this year, it seems to be a new trend in PTY -

and all of them are happy to accept such 'abuse' of their facilities. Chains like Starbucks, BonCafe etc

offer free electric plugs (even dividers in some branches!) since years, these American businesses would

certainly NOT do that if they would lose money from it as they calculate every cent going in or out.

Only "Mr. Patini" in Pattaya loses money if a customer does what a cafe is meant for: drinking coffee

plus 1,20 Baht electric power use (therefore no cooled air inhalation because I was sitting outside!).

Will he soon complain at customers who sit inside his cafe because the aircon costs him too much if

they are just drinking coffee?

Luckily today, there dozens of other alternatives where the business

owners realize that creating a pleasant and service-oriented atmosphere

brings in the much-wanted repeat business.

SEApunter

â— Nice Rooms 4 rent @ Pattaya (monthly, yearly) â—

I am trying to help friends getting their offers known better. Please don't contact me for inquiries..

Isnt this place for sale........................im sure it's been for sale a while.

Well.........why would you go back.........it's obvious he doesnt want you there with your notebook.

100 baht for a piece of cake...........wow...........must be cheesecake

I have been going there almost daily for years, only coffee.. The other day when I paid my bill I took a number of servietes from the counter to clean my glasses, which were smudged. One of the serving staff abused me in a loud voice, and when I said I wanted them to clean my glasses she shouted out "You buy 7-11" Not much appears to have changed then!!

The coffee is good and a reasonable price, but the tip I left every day will now go towards a box of serviettes at 7-11 and not into the tip box....

Have been going there for yrs now off and on, never a problem in all that time, so am surprised at soem of then comments here.

Staff are pleasant and polite in their neat little brown uniforms and the food is the best have tasted consistently over the years fo rfarang style food anyway, havent tried thai food there.

Coffee and desserts are nice and nice place to watch the passing madness on soi buakow from then outdoor terrace.

Maybe the owner doesnt like guys takin over 1 hr for their single coffee perhaps?

cheers,

stciky

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

I dont think thats a problem, its very popular with Europeans and they love to linger and chat over a coffee. spoke to the owner on many occassions and he is a nice bloke, I think its just a shitty attitude from some of the staff.

Well I probaly will end up there with my boyfriend...........does he allow poofs there.

Seems that some people never learn.

Glad someone brought this thread back from the dead.

I sure as hell don't spend my baht at ANY place that just doesn't give

a crap about the "customer and or service" and can't teach staff

properly.

Way to many places to eat at that do service as it should be.

PS more than 15 yrs as a manager, from a small diner to a 2+ million a year place

Improving one Issan girls cash flow , one cash grant at a time !

Staff are pleasant and polite in their neat little brown uniforms and the food is the best have tasted consistently over the years fo rfarang style food anyway, havent tried thai food there.

Eat here on a regular basis, good breakfast and evening meal too. There were a couple of girls 18months ago who weren't exactly helpful but the girls there now are very helpful and polite, I'd recommend the place.

I eat there all the time and have done so for about 2 years now and have always found the food great , a very good menu and well priced and the staff always do there best , I have never had a bad experience there with food or service, I think one of the best all round places for quality food, a fair price and service and a nice clean surroundings , I have been in for breakfast lately and the english breakfast for 139 bhat with a good coffee and great toast and a great fat boy sausage has got to be very fair value , keep it up Pitini

Hmmmmm

I have run across more than a few places in Pattaya that provide poor service, not sure what it is, sometimes the waitress just takes a dislike to you, for no good reason. Negative feedback is good, as Thai places don't respect the argument that YOU won't be coming back, they figure there is always enough passing trade.

I love Thailand because of (amongst other things) the good service, compared to my home country. Would hope to not lose that because local management thinks a bunch of Mongers/ Tourists will put up with such crap, based on the argument that "well its cheaper here and your just here for the girls"

Good feedback, I am not even curious to eat there and will only eat at places where I find the service, food acceptable to THAI standards.

Archived