IGNORED

Cafe Pitini Review-Worst Ever Service

I am not the one to write reviews about cafe's or places to eat, but this place has to be written about

Cafe Pitini on Soi Bukhao near by the market

I have eaten there twice now and the food is not that great but it is clean.Prices-well, say about 30% higher then it should be. Anyhow service is something of a joke.

So today went there to have late lunch with my girl.

There was no friendly hello or anything of a kind. My girl ordered rice with chicken and i ordered salmon sandwich.

After about 10 mins my girl got her meal, i am still waiting. Had another 3 people come in.

After 15 mins i got little pissed off with waiting and told them to cancel my order as sandwich surely does not take 15 mins to be made especially when there are more staff working then the customers.

As soon as i said that about 2 mins later they brought out my order-i told them i did not want it anymore as i was too tired of waiting.

In response Thai waiter started to complain in Thai, how i have to pay and it was not long and my order is ready. I again told her that sandwich does not take 15 mins to be made. She then claimed that they had to wait for the machine to warm up. By that i assume she meant toaster.

1. So by 3pm the toaster is switched off? in the place that has a huge sandwich menu?!-GOOD ONE

2. 1 customer came in 10 mins after i ordered and already got his toasted sandwich so did the other 2 customers.

I refused to take the food.

Well now the big owner came out. Mind you no apology no offer of discount or anything of a kind. He started to tell me that the staff write down the time of order and it has not been 15 mins. Funny enough putting aside that everyone has a different watch, unless in his cafe all are syncronized, time shown on the order was 14.37 Time now on my watch was 14:54 he continued to insist that the order was made and given in under 10 mins.

If he is your mate, please explain to the retard that the difference between 14.37 to 14.54 is 17 mins

Putting aside that he was wrong and customer had to wait for long time, the retard was rude and continue to insist that now i have to pay for the order as they did make it.

I have traveled through 25 country's and have lived in Thailand for almost 6 years now and have never come across such stupidity.

Seeing that i did have to wait and they were wrong, rather then offering some discount or some free biscuit or something of a kind the retard just kept going with his stupidity. I have not even seen this stupidity in Thai owned cafes.

I did pay the 150 for the sandwich, but now he lost a customer forever, mind you i am an expat and all my friends or relatives and any mates coming to visit and should a review come up or conversation about this place, i be sure to mention my experience and mind you all this over 150 baht and keep in mind he was wrong and i did have to wait for longer then any other customer in the place even the ones who came after me.

Thats what you call great business thinking!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvL2eYQ7YM&feature=related

There are three sides to every argument: your side, my side and the right side.

Thank God I'm an atheist.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh i am glad to see i am not the only one with such a great experience in that place! the link and story is pretty much 100% same as i have just gone through

Oh i am glad to see i am not the only one with such a great experience in that place! the link and story is pretty much 100% same as i have just gone through

I ordered a smile there one day and got a frown

I don't really understand u..

U been there already twice, the food was not famous and the price higher than others place but u still keep going there ???

There's enough place to eat good and cheap food in Pattaya .

when i'm on "holiday mode" i don't mind waiting 15mn for a meal.

Relax, take it easy..

But maybe ur right the service is crap there that's already the second bad reviews

I don't really understand u..

U been there already twice, the food was not famous and the price higher than others place but u still keep going there ???

There's enough place to eat good and cheap food in Pattaya .

when i'm on "holiday mode" i don't mind waiting 15mn for a meal.

Relax, take it easy..

But maybe ur right the service is crap there that's already the second bad reviews

Actually its the third bad review already.(other 2 links posted before)

And i am not on holidays i live here, an waiting 15 mins for simple sandwich in a place that is empty is little too long, not to mention when you see other people who have come in after you and they already eating their sandwich before you.

The most annoying part was not waiting, it was owners(foreigner) attitude to the entire incident, rather then apologising for the wait and he started to argue with me that it was not a long wait.

Actually its the third already.

And i am not on holidays i live here, an waiting 15 mins for simple sandwich in a place that is empty is little too long, not to mention when you see other people who have come in after you and they already eating their sandwich before you.

The most annoying part was not waiting, it was owners(foreigner) attitude to the entire incident, rather then apologising for the wait and he started to argue with me that it was not a long wait.

glad to see its not only me who thinks you're a cunt :)

later GD

the general and his knights swept through the holy land towards certain victory.........

Cunts are useful! whats your excuse?

only useful for being fucked by me :)

later GD

the general and his knights swept through the holy land towards certain victory.........

Thanks for keeping my thread up the top-achieves the results i was looking for!

no problem i am always happy to assist in fucking a business over in pattaya :)

later GD

I've used cafe Pitini several time since it opened - it's very convenient for where I stay (Diana Estate)

Usually for a late breakfast, and usually the "gammon-ham" breakfast

The food has been OK and IMNVHO not excessively priced

Service has always been good for SWMBO & I

I went to this place many times on my last trip, probably 30 times as one room I stayed in for 2 months was almost next door and had no internet. I would hit up Cafe Pitini for the free WiFi. The food isn't good. I tried probably 6 or 7 things on the menu and the only thing I found half decent was the club sandwich. The coffee isn't half bad so I'd order one for like 50 baht and use the internet for a couple of hours. On several occasions they let me stay well after closing to finish up what I was doing online.

Anyhow, I found the service to be decent, even on my first visit. After a couple of visits, the service girls would joke around with me and the food didn't take long. One of the girls working behind the counter (the real skinny one) even offered to fuck around, asking if I'd like to try "Amazing Thailand", lol. Sucks that so many had a bad time there. I'm shocked that some people on other forums had dipshit Thai bullies called on them for protesting bad service. I certainly never saw anything like that but those reviews were a while after I would go there so maybe the place has changed for the worse.

At any rate, the food was very average, even the Thai food isn't very good and there are many better places to eat in the area. I just went there because of the free internet and how close it was.

The hardest job is dealing with the public.If you live in Pattaya and you dont have 15min ,you will never cross 2nd road.To wait 15min for a Panini(not a normal sandwich)i think is very reasonable.I have used Cafe Patini for 3 and half years,and can only say,if you want good quality,and value for your money its hard to beat.The coffee is second to none.This is Thailand ,relax enjoy life,and go and eat at Mcdonalds.

In Thailand I expect terrible farang food and coffee that tastes like mud so when I get some decent fare I am really happy otherwise I am not disappointed as if I wanted good farang food I would have stayed in Ireland.

What I expect (or rather used to expect) is that pleasant Thai smile, the hospitable service staff and a nice relaxed atmosphere where the owner (thai or farang) is happy to see you, there is no rudeness just smiles all around or fake smiles at least. But it seems misery loves company and that attitude has spread accross Thailand from Bangkok to Phuket to Pattaya. Unfortunately Kuffki’s experience is becoming the norm and it’s a damn shame.

So that’s two damming reviews from Cafe Pitini in the last month, its off my list, I will head to Robins nest instead.

Thanks for the review Kuffki.

Seems mixed comments.

Maybe its gone downhill recently?

The slowdown may have turned the owner or stuff a bit surly.

I still dont' understand why, but when theres no customers Thai staff see to loose all energy and motivation.

Canterbury Tales Cafe breakfast includes 2 eggs (any style) 2 bacon, sausage, beans, tomatoe, toast/butter/marmalade, Tea or Coffee & free Orange juice 90 baht.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

• 6 months later...

and - as usual - if you read the 2 links posts - there's farang apologists defending the poor thais and alleging the big bad farang must have left something out of the story

Canterbury Tales Cafe breakfast includes 2 eggs (any style) 2 bacon, sausage, beans, tomatoe, toast/butter/marmalade, Tea or Coffee & free Orange juice 90 baht.

the op was talking about a late lunch he got and he ordered a salmon sandwich,so what has a breakfast for 90 baht got to do with anything? lol :Grin_Jump1:

the op was talking about a late lunch he got and he ordered a salmon sandwich,so what has a breakfast for 90 baht got to do with anything? lol :Drunk_Party:

That won't stop him getting his plugs in. Got to offset his own reviews somewhere.

I went there 2 days ago, persuaded by a friend that, although a bit more expensive than some it was good.

A waitress came and gave me a menu but I wanted the special (quicker?) so I glanced at it and put it down. She didn't return and 5 minutes later 3 guys came in, made a bit of fuss and got their order taken by the other girl. My girl still didn't return by the time the others got their drinks and eventually came to take my order.

Another 5 mins and I got my water and Espresso. Espresso? I ordered the Special!!

I was still in good humour so I laughed and said OK I keep.

About 15 mins later still no sign of my Special - the other 3 had finished and left.

Eventually I got the attention of a waitress and she went to wake the cook up.

10 or so more minutes and my Special arrived.

Nothing special about it but it was just OK.

One more expat who knows better than to go again.

For quality and price (lower than Pitini by about 50 baht) I still struggle to find better than Seaside Restaurant - the one off Soi 7 near the beach rather than the other one in Soi Chapoom/whatever.

Archived