IGNORED

Tim Boutique V Pattaya Beach Discovery Hotel

blanchy

Hi all,

Long time lurker but little time poster here with a question on where to stay. I've narrowed the choice down to Tim Boutique versus Pattaya Beach Discovery. I'm coming with the wife (she knows the score here and has been to pattaya a number of times). Our criteria for selecting is as follows and I'd like your opinions on them:

1. No need to be GF - nobody will be invited back to the hotel without my balls chopped off

2. Want to spend about 2k baht per night

3. Want to be close enough to the action so that we can walk to most places (however do baht buses make this point invalid?)

4. Shopping IS on the agenda (dont' want to be miles from the shopping)

5. We will have a drink at a bar, go into go go's and head down Soi 6. Nothing will come of it but we will trek down each of the soi's and walking st during our stay.

We were really looking at Tim's because of the location being smack back in the middle, however after reading about 10 baht buses that will take us around some other hotels come into play, although walking distance to things (like Mike's) would still be nice.

At the end of the day would you say the location of Tim's (for a non p4p couple) is a better pick? Or is the Pattaya Beach Discovery a nicer hotel that is close enough to everything?

Lastly, within this 2k baht/night range, is there a better alternative for a non p4p couple that is close to the beach/action? Your opinions are appreciated. Thanks all.

Well if I had my gf in tow I would probs pick another country lol.. but yeah when I stayed at Tims there was some couples there who seemed to be enjoying their stay. At least u get a wider choice of hotels to pick from seeing as u don't have to worry about the joiner fee.

If I were you I would stay at the Discovery Beach, the location is great the facilities like pool etc are much better

you are right on beach road next to Soi 6 baht bus 5 mins to Walking Street. 5 min walk to soi 7/8 and the Central Shopping mall and 10 min walk to Mikes

plus sea views and the beach across the road. Another major plus is at 6 pm every night on the sidewalk on beach road beach side there is an aerobics workout where about 30-40 girls do a workout following a teacher- that is the best show in town- a must see

The cheapest room they have at Tim Boutique is around THB 2,500.

Stayed there last vacation...very nice hotel. Friendly staff!

I even wrote a thread on it..search it!

Good luck!!!

Thanks for the replies so far. I'd read all the positive stuff on Tim's in other threads but was just posting this as I wasn't sure which would be better for the non p4p couple. I can get Tim's for 1700bt/night and Discovery for just over 2k baht/night.

Just to clarify, Patts wasn't my idea. Wifey suggested it after her (single) father raved about it to her. "much better than Phuket." She's been to Patts before, albeit a long time ago. I have warned her that forums suggest it's a bit more in your face but she's pretty cool about most things, eg sex shows etc she has no problem with seeing. We will see how we go I suppose.

Once again, appreciate the feedback.

OT, but regarding your comment about sex-shows: They are rare and far between these days. You may find superficial lesbo-acts or table-dancing, so you can watch beaver while drinking your beer, ie Beach Club, Shark etc.

Don't know if there are any shows were ladies put various objects up their genitials anymore.

I haven't stayed at neither the hotels you mention, but in your case I would definately go for PDB. Location, location!! Near the beach = better view, and if you

and your wifey should have some sort of disagreements Soi 6 is close by ...

Two options in the under 2,000 range which are relatively new, modern and small like Tim's are August Suites and LK Renaissance and both have been the subject of reviews on this forum. I stayed at both and would go back to either and probably pick based on best deal at the time. As you are bringing your wife the August Suites is nice and has not been crowded. It sits slightly off Pattaya Klang but only about 100 meters from 2nd Road so is quiet as no bars next to the hotel. Their website has pictures and staff very friendly to married couples. I like the Soi Bukhaow, Soi Diana and LK Metro areas so both are convenient for them.

Common sense is not very common.

I have stayed at both and in your case, Discovery Beach hotel is the best choice without a doubt.

Myself, I will never set foot again in that hotel until it gets Girl Friendly.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been returning to tims for the past 3 years. Their hotel is good but is starting to age a little. The owner is always hanging out the front of tim bar. If you speak to her she might be able to do you a better deal.