IGNORED

Pattaya Park Water Park

Crusader

This is a news article about the tragic death of a young English boy who drowned at Pattaya Park water park. It sounds like safety standards are appalling. Be warned, this is a distressing story. I imagine this will put a lot of people off visiting the place - my wife is frightened that the same thing could happen to her if it happens to a 14 year old boy who looked bigger and stronger than her. We will never be going again.

Our sympathies go out to the family of the young boy.

http://www.pattayada...NEWS=0000009713

My reports come from the front line.

guys... did you see the pics?

how should this happen? if he could lift the pump cover, then probably he also should have been strong enough to swim against the current...

the whole story looks completely strange to me, but i dont see any reason why to not go there anymore... probably this boy wanted to commit suicide... or he was killed by somebody else... or whatever... we will probably knever know... but shit this could never happen without a lot of action of somebody... just think about that the cover was closed afterwards again...

honestly... probably you shouldnt be able to pick up such a pump cover, but ... no way this could happen to anyone... i have no idea why i should be "afraid" to go there...

This is truly awful for all concerned. My sympathy to the family and friends of the boy.

I see on Pattaya One News today there is an update saying the park have accepted liability and have offered a compensation deal to the family.

I can only imagine there is obvious negligence by the park operators. Many of the pattaya news pics centre around the cover of the whirpool that has been taken away.

how should this happen? if he could lift the pump cover, then probably he also should have been strong enough to swim against the current...

the whole story looks completely strange to me, but i dont see any reason why to not go there anymore... probably this boy wanted to commit suicide... or he was killed by somebody else... or whatever...

Sorry but you don't know what your talking about. :)

R.I.P Nathan

So sorry J & C

Edited by ray

i can only imagine the kid was being a kid playing about lifting the cover off which of course he should not ,very tragic very sad but i do read anymore into it than that .

Sorry but you don't know what your talking about. :D

R.I.P Nathan

So sorry J & C

so tell me better than pls...

yeah i havent been there so far and only read the news on that page... but the pics and the text didnt show me that this park is that dangerous...

i will check this place out in 1-2 weeks anyway... then i can make up my mind for sure...

so tell me better than pls...

yeah i havent been there so far and only read the news on that page... but the pics and the text didnt show me that this park is that dangerous...

i will check this place out in 1-2 weeks anyway... then i can make up my mind for sure...

I Ref to THIS CRAP...( probably this boy wanted to commit suicide... or he was killed by somebody else... or whatever...)

I been there and was amazed at how run down it is.

Very sad story.

Here is a Sky news report

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiKDZYIpJqQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiKDZYIpJqQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiKDZYIpJqQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Also this from thaianxiety

Nathan's father, Jim Clark, a tunnel engineer, had dived in to try and save him after Nathan's elder brother Rhys, 15, raised the alarm, but he could find no trace of his son. Nathan's body was finally found after engineers opened a water gate in the pump room.

Jim Clark hit out at a Thai cameraman after they tried to film his son's body on the floor of the pump room, lashing at one with a spanner. Thai police have subsequently ordered him to pay 12,000 baht compensation.

ever try to swim AGAINST a rip tide or river rapids dude? even the strongest swimmers go down trying that.

this isn't going to help Patt's "family image" very much.

tragic

"Fear women - and save your life"

Accra taxi motto

Incidentally, I could not see any locks on The Grill at the bottom of the pool. It looks like anyone could try to lift it. I hope young Nathan's death makes them put some locks on The Grill.

My reports come from the front line.