Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Non-immigrant visa travel purpose?

manow

I'm taking a break from working my ass off for awhile - hopefully 6+ months and want to apply for a multi-entry non-immigrant O type visa.

The consulate web page lists all the purposes the visa will issued for:

business

employment

teaching

research

religious purposes

visiting family

retirement

studying

They say specifically "Non-Immigrant Visas will not be issued for such purposes as tourism, seeking employment opportunities in Thailand, looking for a school for teaching or studying purposes, etc."

I'll be looking for other work, but not necessarily in Thailand. Most of the purposes require some kind of documentation.

I want to get the visa in the next week.

So, what do BMs put down on the application form for the purpose of stay if not the above - mongering, drinking, being a slug???

If I can't pull off the non-imm visa before I leave the States and enter LOS on an arrival visa, can I get a non-imm visa later in Laos or other nearby country?

either way I'm on the plane and outta here.

thx

Edited by dagny

"Fear women - and save your life"

Accra taxi motto

Why not get a Tourist Visa to begin with?

These are free at the moment, if you get only a single entry and extendable upto (i think) 90 days. Double entry gives you more flexability, though

Once you are getting to the end of the extension period you can then go to another nearby country and renew the Tourist visa in a Thai consulate/embassy. Penang is a favourite, i believe.

Thers is a way of getting a non O visa after the original Tourist Visa without having to leave Thailand to get it, but, like the prick i am i cant find reference to it at present.

A friend of mine upped from a tourist to a non O-A quite recently, but there were financial requirements to meet, as this was whats commonly called a retirement visa

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

thx hedo

do you know, does the 90 tourist require the monthly visa runs - would kinda like to avoid that. that was the attraction of the non-imm.

also, is that rule about a max 90 days in any 180 period apply to tourist v. arrival visa? does it still apply to the arrival visa?

am looking for a way to minimize border runs, and certainly don't want to have to sit and wait for some convoluted day system to work it's way out.

Accra taxi motto

Most people who I have spoken to has stated the the purpose of the visit is to visit friends. I would suggest that you contact your nearest embassy/consulate and ask before applying. For a 6 month stay the non-imm O visa is the way to go.

The tourist visa is only good for 60 days and the 90 days in 180 policy has been ditched. Arrriving in Thailsnd at (or doing a border run to) a land crossing will only get you 15 days now.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

thx scummie

I only have about 8 working days to get it all sorted - may have to drive to Chicago to get it done, but seems like a good investment to make the trip here in the states rather than fly to KL or elsewhere every 90 days.

6 months to visit friends? guess they should be pretty good friends - can I tell the embassy I'm going to be seeing you?

Accra taxi motto

thx scummie

I only have about 8 working days to get it all sorted - may have to drive to Chicago to get it done, but seems like a good investment to make the trip here in the states rather than fly to KL or elsewhere every 90 days.

6 months to visit friends? guess they should be pretty good friends - can I tell the embassy I'm going to be seeing you?

If you can't get the non immigrant 'O' for whatever reason then get a double entry tourist visa as the worse case. You can stay for 6 months with only one border run to Cambodia.

1) First entry for 60 days

2) 30 day extension at Jomtien immigration for 1900 baht

3) Border run to cambodia, leave in the morning and come back in the afternoon in a van, 60 more days

4) 30 day extension at Jomtien immigration for 1900 baht

It will give you 6 months, no need to fly and the only pain is a 6 hour return border run to Cambodia.

this site is the best info http://www.thaivisa.com/

thx guys

you've helped sort out a lot of confusing, or I should say mostly incomplete, info on the various websites.

now to hope the consul is as straightforward and helpful!

Accra taxi motto

can I tell the embassy I'm going to be seeing you?

Knock yourself out! It looks like I will have a work permit soon...lol

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

I just got my "O" visa for Thailand in Perth (July 14th, 2009). Took 225 aus dollars, a copy of my flight details in and out of Perth, a passport photo and company letterhead stating I worked offshore (this could be faked)... I was in the consulate for a matter of 45 minutes total. Walked out with my visa.

after a lot of advice from BM's I decided to go the route suggested by Scumbag

applied for a 60 day tourist visa, as they are free right now instead of $175 for an non-immi 0.

will get the extension in country for the 90 days, and if I need more time (as my plans are flexible, i.e., I have no plans) then make the border run to Cambodia.

figured a small trip is a lot cheaper than the non-immi, which I can always get later.

wheels up in 6 days for Patts!!! yeehaw :wacko:

Accra taxi motto

I just got my "O" visa for Thailand in Perth (July 14th, 2009). Took 225 aus dollars, a copy of my flight details in and out of Perth, a passport photo and company letterhead stating I worked offshore (this could be faked)... I was in the consulate for a matter of 45 minutes total. Walked out with my visa.

I didn't know that they would issue a visa on the same day. I will be in their office on Tuesday getting a visa. I will have to see if I can get one issued the same day.