Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Is Iran More Democratic Than Thailand?

Benny10

An interesting read! :)

Written by M.L. Nattakorn Devakula and published by the Asia Sentinel

http://asiasentinel.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1948&Itemid=185&limit=1&limitstart=0

Edited by Benny10

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Good read. My personal opinion is that once the King dies, Thailand is going to erupt into violence which may or may not spiral out of control into some form of a civil war. Also, I find very interesting that when there is a coup in Honduras the US government is very outspoken against it but, whenever Thailand has a coup you barely hear a peep out the US.

First of all we don't have to comment about everything that happens in the world.

Second, Honduras is in Central America which is a little closer to our home.

Third, idiot americans seem to think that we need to try and influence every little thing that happens..

If we are going to claim that not everything that is bad in the world is our fault, then we need to start keeping silent more often not less.

First of all we don't have to comment about everything that happens in the world.

I have to strongly disagree.

Healthy discourse is FAR more constructive than ignorance, violence or political upheaval.

Although I do agree that the US should stop trying to be the worlds police force.

Ridiculous amounts of time and money that have been spent by them over-throwing and setting up new governments. None of which have done anything more than pander to various corporate groups and have usually turned around and vilified the US.

Back to the OP's original point.

Iran is different from Thailand as religion plays a major factor. Anytime you get religion involved with politics, you have a recipe for disaster. The USA's founding fathers went to great lengths to separate church from state. It was only in the 1864, almost a hundred years after the founding of the country, that the emergence of 'In God We Trust' entered common usage.

'Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.' - Blaise Pascal

Personally, I have great hope for the kings son.

Edited by Temujin

"When the going gets weird... the weird turn pro" - Hunter S. Thompson

I would agree that while the US does have problems with trying to be MOTHER to all the other countries of the world, and should stop, they do have reasons behind the scenes for some of it, that are based on politics and free trade.

But like learning a little bit of psychology, it is a dangerous thing, if you are truly not fully expert at it. And we as a government are certainly NOT experts at it. It is better to leave well enough alone in my mind. And less expensive at the same time.

I dont agree, however, with the idea of keeping quiet, and not discussing things. I am still a firm believer that a more informed person is a help to world peace and tranquility than an ignorant person would be.

I travel as a part of my work, and I think my best education comes from learning from the locals in every country I go to. The middle east, and Arab or Persian nations in particular, are much more complicated than one would ever think if you make your decisions based from the easy chair in front of CNN............