Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Is the Bhat on the move the wrong way?

HappyGuy99

The last few days it looks like the Pound is slipping in value;

Thai bhat moving from 56 to 54 for a pound;

Is this the start of it getting stronger against the pound?

png]

its the right way if your sitting on lotsa baht and want to goto the UK :rolleyes:

if we knew the answer we would be rich

Is 'Bhat' the UK spelling?

Its just my shit spelling;

Well spotted;

Papers in UK are stating the thai economy is getting stronger and they are trying to push the baht up. Our pound is teetering at the moment so we may see a slight fall. Who really knows, nobody me thinks its just a lottery at the moment.

Well, Niall Ferguson thinks the British economy is, and will be, in deep shit for some time to come, with a run on the Pound likely in the near future

http://moneynews.newsmax.com/financenews/sterling/2009/07/07/232876.html

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine

Looks like the Baht is getting stronger not just against the pound.

Bangkok Post

KRC: Baht getting stronger

By: BangkokPost.com

Published: 6/07/2009 at 12:14 PM

The Thai baht was the second most appreciated currency in Asia in the first half of 2009, the Kasikorn Research Centre reported on Monday.

The leading think-tank said the baht's value had strengthened against the US dollar by 2.3 per cent, while Indonesia's rupiah had appreciated by 6.4 per cent.

The recovering economy in China and other Asian countries, including Thailand, may cause the baht to follow other regional currencies and strengthen further.

A likely rebound in inflation is also possible at the end of this year, the KRC said.

The Thai currency could appreciate to 33.75 baht per US dollar, and may hit 33.00 baht in the fourth quarter, according to the forecast.

I'm flying out to Thailand in a couple of weeks time so I was hoping that it was going to stay around the 56B to the £1 mark. Now it looks like it could be a little bit lower.

So as the Thai's would say MAI PEN RAI

Baht is surely getting stronger, which is a result of such a good government and Thai economy being soooo strong.

The strength must be coming from all the exports and tourism-LOL

The truth behind strong baht is Thailand's foreign currency reserves. Thailand has around 100 billion US$ in reserves, so on daily basis BOT buys Thai baht making the demand high and hence the value.

Bottom line is, either someone in BOT wants to make sure country is totally f****ked up or same brain just simply using the backside to do all the thinking and most likely purchased his/hers masters for 3000 baht and really does not understand the consequences.

Other theory could be in my opinion is that, someone in BOT has not made enough money as yet and thats why they keeping the value up.

If you can change millions of Thai baht into US$ or AU$ or Pound at a "cheap" rate and then let the natural causes take it course and economy does crash, if you then changed your millions of US$ or AU$ or Pound back into Thai baht-you will double if not triple the wealth, not to mention prices of property and land will also crash, so basically one could multiply his wealth by 4-5 times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psvL2eYQ7YM&feature=related

There are three sides to every argument: your side, my side and the right side.

Thank God I'm an atheist.

The Baht will get stronger...Results will be Fewer Tourist..Fewer cars sold..Housing market will suffer..Exports what few there are will be more expensive..Hotels empty..Restaurants and Bars with fewer people..It will be a snowball effect but the Thais will NEVER lose Face by weaking the All Mighty Baht...

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

If Thai Baht keeps on getting stronger;

Would it be worth a trip to Cambodia?

May be better value for money?

You can see in the chart that the peaks in

the MACD (green and red lines on the bottom

that resemble a sine wave)seem to peak on a

regular cycle in the summer.

With the exception of 2007 the price was closely

following the MACD.

This has happened since 2006 so i'd consider

it a valid cycle.

At the moment it looks like the price and MACD peaked at the

end of June.But we won't know if that's the

MACD high for 2009 until the Green line crosses

down through the red line.

You can see that when the MACD green line crosses

the red line from above the price usually goes

down.

The GBP-THB is in a 55-57 baht range right now

so it's difficult to forecast today where it might go

over the next few weeks.

BTW, sorry about the large size but it wasn't very

clear when I was trying to downsize it.

snapshot-15.png

Edited by kw59

Ah well looks like regular trips to Tesco Lotus for 10 baht bags of rice...

Good for me as I get paid in THB. Makes my overseas trips a lot cheaper. Unfortunatley I don't go to the UK, cause too rainy there. :laugh:

BEER: HELPING UGLY PEOPLE HAVE SEX SINCE 3000 B.C.

Hi KW59;

Thanks for your informative reply;

You seem to understand all this stuff about cycles,

I hope to take early retirement/Redundant this year;

Where would I get to learn this stuff?

Good for me as I get paid in THB. Makes my overseas trips a lot cheaper. Unfortunatley I don't go to the UK, cause too rainy there. :)

Benny does this mean that you'll buy my beer all night when we meet up in a few weeks time :D