IGNORED

Soi 8 Joy Beer Bar

bad bob

just back 2 days from pattaya and was surprised to see the joy beer bar has moved across the street,i went a couple of times for a beer,i don't know how it can stay open every time passed it there where no customers in it,then,many bars in soi8 had no customers either,pattaya is like a ghost town,it has become to expensive with the exchange rate,i think this year will see joy the end of the bar and many other bars

Cambodia is the new pattaya i hear very cheap and the girls are great , i am off to there at christmas,sorry pattaya but at your prices, you have very hard times ahead.good luck

Posted 12 July 2010 - 09:46 AM

when i went to pattaya me and the boys were walking through the streets and we walked pasted joy bar. then we stopped and went back. we ended up taking 3 girls from there and they were some very nice girls. i had Pang and was with her for just over 2 wks. when i got to know her she is a really cool chick. she was never asking for money or nothing like that. she showed us alot of good places to see around pattaya. i do agree the mamasuns look a bit scary but when we were drinking there when we were just about to leave mamasun would shout us a round. justr bout every time we were there.. so yer enjoy it. PANG YOU WROTE THIS POST YOURSELF,IT IS FULL OF SELF IMPORTANCE JUST LIKE YOU,NEVER ASKING FOR MONEY? LOL IT'S THE ONLY THING TALK ABOUT

* +

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been visting the Joy Beer Bar for over 11 years. The Big Mama-san is a sweet heart, she has always taken good care of me and I have witnessed her extend her goodwill to quite a few visitors. Seen a lot of turnover in the place over the years. On my last visit in September it seemed that the whole Soi 7&8 area was quite dead. I am headed back in a month or so and will stop in for a visit. I heard that Pang went home and the way it sounded it may be for good. Anyone know what happened? Family? Illness? Boyfriend??? She's definitely a sweetheart, a was there when she started about five years ago.

• 3 weeks later...

I never look at the bar names when I'm walking down soi 7 and 8.

I just walk down the street eyeing up the talent and when I spot a hot one with a nice smile I stop for a drink.

The only bar I really notice is Anna Jet because it is at the top of soi7 and therefore I alwys start from there.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/46836-taffsters-october-2009-trip-report/">2009 trip report

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/66816-taffster-november-2011-trip/">2011 trip report

• 11 months later...

i was in pattaya just 3 days ago stayed at sunshine and the girls here treated me great all of them including mama evan when i was low on funds i will return again and again its only small and not as glam as other bars in patts but the people realy make up for everything although i did notice falangs who came in and treated the girls like meat were not nearly as welcomed mabey its not the people behind the bar but the people who visit it that determains the customer expierence

jnewell

• 2 months later...

Bin ta Joy bar heaps a times, place rocks, never had a prob there, had plenty a blinda there tho, had some killa chicks there to including Pang :GoldenSmile1:

once I walked down the soi I saw a stunner with Angelina Jolie glance looking out of this bar opposite of Sunshine hotel seen on the pic here.. First I passed but than I had to turn back to get this girl I remember her name was Ann she had a big mark on her left jowl. She didnt talk to much to me but she agreed to come for a longtime . When we came to the room she started to re negote the price for Lt that was 1000B before.

I said nothing stood up pulled 1000B out of my pocked and told her to leave. She was shocked and told me to stay for the first agreed price.

Ann was a awsome number she gave everything she could even her blowing was one of the best I ever had and her body was so smooth to handle.

Next day I gave her 300 tip and everything was fine .

my friends and i visited the joy beer bar on soi 8 we had a great time we give it a thumbs up bar fined 4 girls at once had a great time bad bob

How much for the barfine and longtime?

will have to go there looks nice

• 4 weeks later...

one of my bf's said her and her mate got knocked for 6 months wages from the joy bar

probably why all the fit ones dissapear

• 5 months later...

Interesting to read all these comments about Joy Bar. I've been going there since 2003 and have made several good friends as a result, both bargirls and customers.

IMHO things changed when they made the move across the soi. I loved the old Joy Bar, but the vibe has never been the same at the new location.

I still pop in for a beer every now and then and I'm still greeted by name and always taken care of. The quality of girls varies but they currently have a couple who are very hot. It can be a great place for daytime fun.

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." Dean Martin

• 1 month later...

a nice atmosphere on sois 7 and 8, with 8 having more of buzzing scene. live music, not too loud, outdoors, loads of ladies. the kind of place you can have a beer, and get to know the ladies. walking down soi 8 i am completely spoilt for choice, and initially, i just walked down the street - there's far too many distractions. last night was quiet on soi8. one of the girls stopped me. she had seen me a few times over the past few days. asked me to bf her. 300b she said. she looked to be good fun.

• 3 months later...

just back from pattaya and the joy bar hasn't changed much from it moved across the road, their still a bunch of thieving bastards, without shame, their new scam is, if your drunk and check your bin it will be 1000baht over, if you challenge them they will say 1000baht for to pay lady, being drunk many customers pay and then give the lady 1000baht in the morning, it seems to work well for them, their is no nice looking girls in the bar anyway, I'll give it a miss the next time I'm there

• 1 year later...

Returned a couple of weeks ago from a stay at the Sunshine Hotel on Soi 8, and this scruffy little bar is just a few metres from the hotel steps.

Ventured in one morning when, as I was walking past, they had called out and suggested I come in for a drink (about 9am). When I said too early for a drink and that what I needed was a coffee - no problem - they came up with a passable cup of instant coffee for 30 baht.

Although it is a very scruffy looking little bar, it is a very friendly one. The mamasan is dour and no doubt could be scary, however there are a range of girls from late teens/early 20s to, I guess, 40s.

I had a really great, early morning, ST with one of the girls - Pen (pictures below). She proved tremendous value and is highly reccomended!!!

Joy Beer Bar became a regular morning haunt for me and my travelling companion (he took a ST from one of the girls here as well that he was more than happy with), mostly just to chat to the girls and drink coffee.

Several of these Soi 8 bars seem to have an 8am to 8pm daytime shift for the girls.

see this girl in the photo does anyone have info on her, she lent me some money, and i ran into trouble with the law shortly after coming home, and by the time i was out, i couldn't find her email, and the email that i had used to message her once had been hacked and my pw stolen, i just want to pay her the money back, and it will haunt me for the rest of my life if i don't, has anyone got contact info for joy beer bar. email etc??

thanks in advance if you can help

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This bar still up and running?

No its closed I think - well it is from where it was, just on the left hand side coming from 2nd road, was an empty bar in April

• 9 months later...

Still open

Be like a dog,

" if you cant eat it, play with it, or fuck it. Piss on it and walk away."

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Thanks for the lessons guys, I´ll go there and check how it works.

how did it go in there?

Be like a dog,

• 1 year later...

Almost 2 years since my last visit. Just popped in to see mamasan. She has always been ok with me. Did not see anything I would barfine but perhaps the gems were upstairs.

Be like a dog,

Archived