IGNORED

can we have the old board back please

brian_723

Would I be correct in assuming that the 'Quote' button has now been replaced by the 'Reply' one ? Also...what is the little green button with a plus sign on it for (bottom RH corner of posts) ? It says "Vote this post up" if you hover the pointer over it, but I'm none the wiser.

After two days of trying out this new forum... I finally got a hang of this forum.. One thing I would like is a background be a little darker like the old one.. But all in all , I,m happy...

why be a guinea pig for this no boards are being forced to change any time soon , this is like board suicide .Anyone who changed dot vista before the problems were sorted out will know what i am talking about .

this is not good i cannot even see a marker to know where I am on the page .look at the poll if it was not the fact that most people like to give this a chance then if the there was only 2 choices everyone would be against this .cghnage back before too many people go elsewhere .

b]cghnage back before too many people go elsewhere [/b].

i dont think anyone is going anywhere.. if they choose to leave this wealth of info over a bit of colors here and there. then maybe they dont deserve to be here..

saying that i understand where you are coming from. at first i thought this forum looked like shit ( the truth )....

then when you come to think about it.. IM NOT PAYING FOR IT. NO ONE IS KEEPING ME HERE. if i dont like i can leave..

with that in mind. i started to think. wow. these people who change the forum is busting there ass just so OTHERS can have fun.. ( i know i wouldnt be doing this shit for anyone without getting paid to do so )..

think about it. why would they want to change something and WORK EXTRA if they really dont have to....

peace man...

try to think of the people who is behide the scene busting ass before putting shit on the forum...

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

i dont think anyone is going anywhere.. if they choose to leave this wealth of info over a bit of colors here and there. then maybe they dont deserve to be here..

saying that i understand where you are coming from. at first i thought this forum looked like shit ( the truth )....

then when you come to think about it.. IM NOT PAYING FOR IT. NO ONE IS KEEPING ME HERE. if i dont like i can leave..

with that in mind. i started to think. wow. these people who change the forum is busting there ass just so OTHERS can have fun.. ( i know i wouldnt be doing this shit for anyone without getting paid to do so )..

think about it. why would they want to change something and WORK EXTRA if they really dont have to....

peace man...

try to think of the people who is behide the scene busting ass before putting shit on the forum...

In case technology and business are subjects that you're not into, websites like this are a big business, so don't start on who deserves what cause you got no idea

I must admit, at first I was pretty uncomfortable with it.

Then I thought..anything that you are not used to, will only get better with time

I'm starting to get a hang of the functions that the new software is offering.

People who are familiar with this type of program should start frequent threads explaining

the procedures. In due time...I am sure things will be back to normal. Until then, lets put our minds

together and figure this out.....(Computer 101)......!!!!!!!

Would I be correct in assuming that the 'Quote' button has now been replaced by the 'Reply' one ? Also...what is the little green button with a plus sign on it for (bottom RH corner of posts) ? It says "Vote this post up" if you hover the pointer over it, but I'm none the wiser.

The green button with the plus sign means someone can give a positive vote to your post.. I think lol

go on slag me off i made valid points and appreciated the work that has gone into improving the board but at least by addressing the issue we can at least sort out any parts that could make the board work better .

" Bitch, bitch, bitch . . . complain, complain, complain.

I'm the last person to kiss ass . . . but I have to say, with all sincerity, "Thank you" to the guys who are putting so much work into the forums.

And if you really hate the new changes, stop paying your Pattaya-addicts.com bill . . . . that will show them."

this post was aimed at you ,i would of quoted this paste but i do not know how to now

My post was not aimed at any particular individual. I'm sorry if you took it personally.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do."

~~ Mark Twain ~~

on the old board u could go to the page that had the last post with 1 click..................now u have to open the topic then click to go to the last post.ie 2 clicks .....which is a pain if u are on a slow connection

im the first one to admit that im no computer buff,and when i first saw the new board i thought now what do i do,but after a few days playing around, generely just finding my way around i can now see a lot of positives with the new board.yes there is still a bit of tweeking to be done ie im on internet explorer and i wouldnt have a clue how to get ,is it firefox but i will persist and eventually admin will get it sorted.im sure it was a lot of hard work and headaches,so thanks to all admin for their efforts.fred..

In case technology and business are subjects that you're not into, websites like this are a big business, so don't start on who deserves what cause you got no idea

Got no idea? Why would you think I got no idea? I know they are making money of off the forum.

Advert and such

But that wasn't my point to that reply. Sure they want people to stay on the forum . But from my experience with working with mass amount of people per day . Is you can't make every one happy .

Peace man.

Actually, they do really have to. Maybe not today or yesterday or tomorrow; you do know they don't actually write the software the forum runs on, no? That means they have to keep up-to-date with the releases of the forum software as older versions lose support at some point. I don't know what version number we're on now or were on, but it does look like we got upgraded to a not so ready for prime time version - as the admins themselves point out, some of the older features of the forum will be put into the new version in the next release or so.

As for us not deserving it or having no say? They provide an empty shell into which we bring all the pics, stories, reviews etc. Since they get advertising money, they aren't doing it solely out of the goodness of their hearts. They probably pay a couple of hundred a month in hosting costs + the forum software + their time, so they aren't ready to retire on this, but it's also not a non-profit.

Edited by el_jefe

Actually, they do really have to. Maybe not today or yesterday or tomorrow; you do know they don't actually write the software the forum runs on, no? That means they have to keep up-to-date with the releases of the forum software as older versions lose support at some point. I don't know what version number we're on now or were on, but it does look like we got upgraded to a not so ready for prime time version - as the admins themselves point out, some of the older features of the forum will be put into the new version in the next release or so.

WHERE IN MY POST DID YOU SEE ME SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT THE SOFTWARE THEY ARE USING? OR ANYTHING COMPUTER RELATED????

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?? CAUSE I AINT GOT A CLUE OF WHY YOU WOULD POST ^^^^

As for us not deserving it or having no say? They provide an empty shell into which we bring all the pics, stories, reviews etc. Since they get advertising money, they aren't doing it solely out of the goodness of their hearts. They probably pay a couple of hundred a month in hosting costs + the forum software + their time, so they aren't ready to retire on this, but it's also not a non-profit.

now its not. before it was ( when there was no advert and such )... but i think most of the money goes to the forum also....

there no reason to argue the point that i was trying to make cause i couldnt care less what the hell happens..

peace.

as long as the forum is here and i can read all of the info im happy.

again i was just saying.... dont bust the mods/ admin ass just cause you think something is bad. just chill out and be glad it here....and its free... !!!

Edited by Gobby

WHERE IN MY POST DID YOU SEE ME SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT THE SOFTWARE THEY ARE USING? OR ANYTHING COMPUTER RELATED????

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?? CAUSE I AINT GOT A CLUE OF WHY YOU WOULD POST ^^^^

I am talking about the software because you said:

. these people who change the forum is busting there ass just so OTHERS can have fun.. ( i know i wouldnt be doing this shit for anyone without getting paid to do so )..

And as I said, yes they do as it's not their software, they have to keep up-to-date to keep support and compatibility with other software.

And please don't use caps, just ask.

Edited by el_jefe

Been browsing around a little for a few days now and I must say that I liked the old one better!

The white background is way too bright and very strainous for the eyes to adjust to and the green letters are more difficult to see and to read!

Much better and easier for the eyes with a dark background and white letters!

When you have a thread with several pages of posts, it's difficult to see what page you are on because not enough difference between the colours of the opened page and the closed ones!

I've also noticed that when I watch a post with pictures a lot of them doesn't open up but just shows as red crosses, same when I open the emoticons!?

I also can't find any quick way to find my last ten posts, before you just clicked on "My Assistant", but now I have to go to my "Profile" to find them!?

Also when I " View New Content" it feels like there's fewer posts on the page than before, so you have to open more pages to stroll through a thread!?

Also the whole layout of the page feels more simple,boring and neutral, nothing that reminds you that it is a Forum about Thai Nightlife and Thaigirls!

A few Thaigirl pictures adorning the Head Title Banner would be nice too!

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

I am talking about the software because you said:

And as I said, yes they do as it's not their software, they have to keep up-to-date to keep support and compatibility with other software.

And please don't use caps, just ask.

LOL.. me and you are on the same page... maybe my way of writing is confusing.

i said " think about it. why would they want to change something and WORK EXTRA if they really dont have to....".

what it means is. .... Yes they have to change it ( not because they want to. but they HAVE to ) .. thats why they are WORKING EXTRA)...

Edited by Gobby

We need to give the new software a chance. I will say though that I preferred to old art work (and the pics of the lovely thai girls on them) that were on them. Will the mods at least bring them back or are you lot planning to refresh those too??

maybe the admins could post a link to the forum software makers forum threads on when some of the more prominent problems will be fixed?

or an ETA on when they will install the next version and/or patches that fix these things?

LOL.. me and you are on the same page... maybe my way of writing is confusing.

i said " think about it. why would they want to change something and WORK EXTRA if they really dont have to....".

what it means is. .... Yes they have to change it ( not because they want to. but they HAVE to ) .. thats why they are WORKING EXTRA)...

:laugh:

Maybe this new version fixes some pesky administration problems they didn't like? Or maybe they just liked the cool new features. I agree and said too they had to do the update, but seems like this is almost a beta-ish version since it's feature incomplete?

There's nothing worse than pulling the trigger too early :)

I have been using this new board for a few days;

I prefer the old one;

New one runs to slow;

Can't see some of the poster's pictures;(Just a box with red "X" in it)

My post was not aimed at any particular individual. I'm sorry if you took it personally.

No worries i was just being an old grump .

anyone know how you can view last ten posts like you use to be able to do please .

maybe the admins could post a link to the forum software makers forum threads on when some of the more prominent problems will be fixed?

or an ETA on when they will install the next version and/or patches that fix these things?

Without a valid licence you wouldn't be able to view the threads in the company forum. The ETA is as soon as it is released... we are checking hourly for the update.

:laugh:

Maybe this new version fixes some pesky administration problems they didn't like? Or maybe they just liked the cool new features. I agree and said too they had to do the update, but seems like this is almost a beta-ish version since it's feature incomplete?

There's nothing worse than pulling the trigger too early :)

The new version improves some admin facilities but that wasn't what made us do the update. Actually, this is far from a beta version... the first beta version was available in May 2008 since then there has been many updates to that, once the beta was finalized there were then two release candidates available for people to use on "practise boards" with a bug tracker running to report any bugs (some 5,380 bugs reported to date most of which have been fixed) Bryan and I also did all the reading we could so that we could prepare for any major hiccups we also installed it on a practise forum so we knew that we could do it.

No amount of beta testing can prepare a piece of software enough for every possibility such as server environment, big boards such as this (25k members), apps such as shoutbox etc which are all added after install.

I actually see very few faults... for me the forum is running just as fast if not faster than before the only real issue I see is with view new content where you can't see the topic starter, total views & be able to jump to a page, but I know those features are included in the upcoming update (see screenshot) There are a few other teething problems such as image re-sizing but I know they will be fixed in due course.

post-11269-124733344726_thumbjpg

Without a valid licence you wouldn't be able to view the threads in the company forum. The ETA is as soon as it is released... we are checking hourly for the update.

The new version improves some admin facilities but that wasn't what made us do the update. Actually, this is far from a beta version... the first beta version was available in May 2008 since then there has been many updates to that, once the beta was finalized there were then two release candidates available for people to use on "practise boards" with a bug tracker running to report any bugs (some 5,380 bugs reported to date most of which have been fixed) Bryan and I also did all the reading we could so that we could prepare for any major hiccups we also installed it on a practise forum so we knew that we could do it.

No amount of beta testing can prepare a piece of software enough for every possibility such as server environment, big boards such as this (25k members), apps such as shoutbox etc which are all added after install.

I actually see very few faults... for me the forum is running just as fast if not faster than before the only real issue I see is with view new content where you can't see the topic starter, total views & be able to jump to a page, but I know those features are included in the upcoming update (see screenshot) There are a few other teething problems such as image re-sizing but I know they will be fixed in due course.

New content.JPG

I am sorry if you dont think the problem with the contrast is not major i have to disagree! Not being able to view the text well is a big problem. I honestly dont understand why the forum users are not able to control the text and background colors. Otherwise i also dont see any major problems...

As i am quiet new here , since one month, i cannot compare the old board at its fullest but the list of posted topics and comments were better and transparant on the older board compared to the new one!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!