IGNORED

US Visa

dtyolmn

My GF wants to come back to the US and visit when I return home. I'm looking for information on whats required to get her a tourist visa for the US. Would appreciate any information that could be passed along to help me out. ie: How long does it take to obtain? Good for how long? Medical records and shots required?

Thanks in advance.

I am just starting this for my GF as well. Go to www.visajourney.com . Has everything you need including detailed checklists and time lines.

I don't know how accurate it all is, because I haven't actually been through the entire process yet, but seems like tons of people have used their info successfully.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

• 1 month later...

Looks like we are all in the same boat. I am trying to get a visa for 16 Nov - 05 Dec. Please keep me posted and I will do the same.

unless she is from a very wealthy family it is almost impossible to get a tourist visa to the US. If she is a bar girl then basically no chance without getting a marriage visa.

unless she is from a very wealthy family it is almost impossible to get a tourist visa to the US. If she is a bar girl then basically no chance without getting a marriage visa.

Add me to the list of guys trying the insane task of getting a girl to the states..maybe I'll just smuggle her in through Mexico..ha ha.I do know of a good lawyer in Bangkok that will take care of the paper trail for around $2,000 plus depending on the forms needed.Got a friend of mines girl over and she was Burmese living in Thailand...if anyone wants his contact info please PM me..with the sad state of the economy I am waiting for another year to make sure I still have work before adopting a thai girl.The lawyer did say the only way to get approval would be a fiance visa.Good luck fellas.MM

Mike is correct IMHO

any thai getting a "tourist visa" is real tough, even with wealth, business, bank accounts etc

marriage or fiance visa take a year from start to finish

IF you are lucky...

( i know guys will tell you that they did it themselves and got is done in 30 min or such stuff, read here and the other boards for a reality check)

ps

my wife came here on a fiance visa

got married

now have green card

this is my second fiance visa, the first one never showed up at the embassy for the final interview

i used www.mythaifiance.com both times also for the green card and prenup agreement

Over 100 visits to the Kingdom

First in 2001 -

TG with me in USA since Nov 2008

Married to her since Jan 2009 .....OOPS Divorce in 2015...NEXT

this is my second fiance visa, the first one never showed up at the embassy for the final interview

i used www.mythaifiance.com both times also for the green card and prenup agreement

The first one just disappeared after not showing up for the final interview?

• 1 month later...

I only have experience with a tourist visa. I would tell her not to lie about a single thing during the interview and what she says in LOS is what she better say to U immigration.

The basic test the US immigration puts these girls to is this. There must be a very very good reason for the girl to go back home at the end of her visit.

She should have a thriving business, big family, and reasons why she could not just reasonably abandon Thailand and stay in the USA. Being single, and female from Thailand or the Philippines is almost a 100% guarantee she will not qualify.

My wife and I married in the Philippines, and waited 12 months. Half of that was my fault, getting a dumbass lawyer, that I was warned not to use. Changed, dropped another 2000 dollars, and 5 months later picked her up, and brought her home.

Have worked to assist 6 other couples since, and all successful. However, one guy, with a head even harder than mine, insisted he knew this 'special guy' that could get it done quick. Took him 1 month short of 2 years..... Go with success, not promises. If you marry her, she can make it. But if they find out she has ever worked bar, you are likely not going to be successful. Good lawyers, helping with spouse or fiancee visas, will give you info on what her occupation needs to be. And what NOT to say during interviews. If they dont, find another lawyer. Fast.

The basic test the US immigration puts these girls to is this. There must be a very very good reason for the girl to go back home at the end of her visit.

She should have a thriving business, big family, and reasons why she could not just reasonably abandon Thailand and stay in the USA. Being single, and female from Thailand or the Philippines is almost a 100% guarantee she will not qualify.

My wife and I married in the Philippines, and waited 12 months. Half of that was my fault, getting a dumbass lawyer, that I was warned not to use. Changed, dropped another 2000 dollars, and 5 months later picked her up, and brought her home.

Have worked to assist 6 other couples since, and all successful. However, one guy, with a head even harder than mine, insisted he knew this 'special guy' that could get it done quick. Took him 1 month short of 2 years..... Go with success, not promises. If you marry her, she can make it. But if they find out she has ever worked bar, you are likely not going to be successful. Good lawyers, helping with spouse or fiancee visas, will give you info on what her occupation needs to be. And what NOT to say during interviews. If they dont, find another lawyer. Fast.

My friend is single and it helped that she paid for her ticket and had family to visit also. Immigration still gave her a hard time in the USA. Getting her Visa approved in Thailand was easier than her getting out of the airport in the US.

• 2 weeks later...

OK this has been a subject of much debate and though I have no direct experience with Patts or Thai Ill take a crack at this. My friend constantly gets girls visas from Russia as tourists or students. They all come over here to strip and of course to find some fool who will fall in love and take care of them...He has brought over 20 girls over like this and nobody has been denied. The trick is not to mention yourself anywhere and have some type of trip planned for them...He usually has them buy a "package" which includes a trip around the country and random shows and basically a whole bunch of bullshit that they never really end up doing. Also a big factor is that there is a fully accredited organizations which makes real trips but also does these side deals for extra cash...being a real organization they have insurance which also puts both countries' minds to rest. SHE has to buy everything (obviously it does not matter whose money it actually is but the paper trail must lead to her.) It would be real helpful if you befriended some RESTAURANT (not BAR) owner and gave him a couple of dollars to say she works and is the pinnacle of chastity of sorts. Family...well I'm sure she has about 7 trillion ppl from her village with the same last name so you dont have to worry. The biggest mistake you can make is that she would come to visit ANYBODY with income. A man - they think she will marry and stay. A woman - they think will support her and she will stay. Keep yourself out of it, play up on the job that she has, family and definitely the trip idea is good. Student visas...harder to come by as you would actually have to register her into school and do all that bullshit that is mentioned above...However, if you go to a community college, they usually have 4 semesters...summer, fall, winter, spring and most of the time they cost pennies. Moreover you can actually register her, get the paperwork and withdraw while still getting approx. 70% of your money back. If this is a serious matter for you and you think can handle going through the mindfuck of getting her shit done over there then PM me and I can find out for you the trip costs and such...they are several hundred dollars, which in my eyes is infinitesimal if you have real feelings for the girl. I dont in any way guarantee this but I have seen it work even though I think the process is much more painless with Russia as it is seen as a more developed country than Thailand. Good luck.

-Armen