Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Buying Electronic Goodies

Blackpmike

Hi Guys what buying about Camera's

Im looking to buy a good Digital SLR when I get there rather than bring one with as camera prices are crazy in Africa, or should I buy in Bankok/HongKong ?

Im down in Phuket mid Setember.

Where is the cheapest?.

Hi Guys what buying about Camera's

Im looking to buy a good Digital SLR when I get there rather than bring one with as camera prices are crazy in Africa, or should I buy in Bankok/HongKong ?

Im down in Phuket mid Setember.

Where is the cheapest?.

I find electronics are not that cheap in thailand, especially pattaya.

If you are going to buy, do it in BKK.

TUCCOM in pattaya and similar places in Phuket are quite expensive by thai standards.

If you are going to HongKong,Singapore or Malaysia buy your electronics there, much cheaper although you must bargain hard!

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

If you are going to HongKong,Singapore or Malaysia buy your electronics there, much cheaper although you must bargain hard!

Plahgat

Singapore is now getting quite expensive.

Hong Kong is a real case of "Buyer be ware". Just about guarantee you will not get what you think your getting. Be carefull of them changing units on you even while you watch. Swapping a damaged unit for the one you just tested out etc.

Bangkok can have reasonable prices. I got good deals (only slightly higher than hong kong) from teh camera shop in the computer mall in FORTUNE centre on Rachadapeisek. YOu can get particularly good deals if your willing to go for a model that is just about to be or is just superseded . If your not hyphenation about your photography then last years top of teh range may suit you as well as this years top of the range and leave you extra cash for that image stabilized lens or teh extra wide etc.

It is better to light even one candle than to live in fear of the dark.

• 4 months later...

I too find electronics in Thailand to be very high. The tarriffs (duties) placed on them by the Thai government are high. Better to get them in the west if you can. Cheaper.

Over the years we have had a number of clients come to our facility in Southern Florida from Asia (Japan, Korea, China) for training. Strangely enough among the places they want to visit is Walmart, Circuit City and/or CompUSA ... to buy electronics that were as often as not made in their own country. ... go figure ???