IGNORED

Ashes 2009

barmatt

WOOOHOO the Ashes series is finally here, first test starts today at Cardiff. No better series than the Aussie vs Brits some great rivalry there and the brits will be keen to regain the ashes after a thumping in Oz at the last meet.

Should be a tight series with both sides featuring some new players keen to make an impression. Aust already at a disadvantage losing Lee to a muscle strain, lucky in a way, it didn't happen during the 1st test. Hopefully he's right for the 2nd at Lords.

It should be a great series and may the best team win.

Whats everyone think? I reckon the AUssies will win 2 tests to one with one being a draw and the other a wash out.

Testicles

Australians will be too strong for England.. England had a bad run since they last won the Ashes and never recover since...

Pretty much guaranteed at least one washout with the british weather as it is. From reports its a good chance of the 1st test being a washout, hope so its predicted to be a spinners wicket which is something we dont really have since Warney left.

I'm going for a OZ win but it depends on injuries.

WEEKENDS FORCAST HEAVY RAIN DRAW LOOKS ON FIRST TEST ENGLAND 163 FOR 3

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

Hope its a wash out, that wicket is going to turn into dust after a couple of more days play

Great first days play. That ball that hit bopara was a corker. Hes' a tough bugger, would of floored most batsmen.

Great first days play. That ball that hit bopara was a corker. Hes' a tough bugger, would of floored most batsmen.

He was lucky he didnt cop it in the throat, then that would have hurt.

Great effort by the Aussies last night 1/249 at stumps....looking forward to tonights game

The brits pull off a lucky draw thanks to the weather and time wasters.

WTF was the physio doing out there with only an over to go and the 12th man with a new set of gloves for Anderson when they had been changed the previous over......?????

I think the british will be pooing in their pant's after our first innings :A2M:

i dont think so mate, we should of enforced the folowon. ricky pontings the one pooing himself now. lmfao.

i dont think so mate, we should of enforced the folowon. ricky pontings the one pooing himself now. lmfao.

The brits still have the upper hand even after a valiant effort by Clarke and Haddin to put the Aussies in with a slim chance.

Again bad sportsmanship and dubious umpiring have marred a great game putting the pommies in a winnable position in this test.

Was absolutely made up to see England clinch the second test and go one up in the series. The hoodoo of Lords has finally been broken and now England have the upper hand going into the third test a week on Thursday. Come on England!

Big Brother is watching you. - George Orwell
Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry. - Jack Kerouac
Find what you love and let it kill you. - Charles Bukowski 
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. - Confucius 
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

Enjoy it while it lasts because the remaining tests will be won by the Aussies.

Our luck is due to turn.

Our luck is due to turn.

And why is that?

Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me. - Immanuel Kant
I wish I could show you when you are alone or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being. - Hafiz of Shiraz
You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star. - Friedrich Nietzsche 
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. - Voltaire 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde
The general public doesn't know what's happening, and it doesn't even know that it doesn't know. - Noam Chomsky
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. - Christopher Hitchens 

"Up to me" since 2005

Again bad sportsmanship and dubious umpiring have marred a great game putting the pommies in a winnable position in this test.

You are a fucking twat, most decisions have gone against us. Just admit you weren't as good as us in that test and give credit where it is due, if it was the other way round I would do the same, just like in the first test where you were the better team and deserved to win.

"Up to me" since 2005

Watch Freddie at the last three test matches.. He will pull out all his aces to win the series for England

Watch Freddie at the last three test matches.. He will pull out all his aces to win the series for England

yup i think he wants to go out on a high

You are a fucking twat, most decisions have gone against us. Just admit you weren't as good as us in that test and give credit where it is due, if it was the other way round I would do the same, just like in the first test where you were the better team and deserved to win.

Now now no need for name calling....Git

Bad sportmanship

1st test

(1) With 10 minutes to go Strauss instructs his 12th man to take out a set of gloves to Anderson.??

(2) With an over or two to go Strauss instructs his physio and 12th man to run onto the field when no physio was called by any of the batsmen and a new set of gloves for Anderson??? the physio was that fat (I know hes aussie, but thats no excuse)it took him several minutes to just get out there....Clear time wasteing, which several of your commentators made mention it was not in the best interest of the game.

2nd test

(1) Hauritz claims a catch at mid wicket but is over ruled by third umpire when disputed by Strauss.

(2) Strauss catches Hughes of a half volley and claims a catch, Ponting disputes the catch but no referral is allowed.

Dubious umpireing

(1) Katich given out on no ball.

(2) Hughes given out on half volley, no referral.

(3) Hussey given out for not hitting the ball.

And yes you have been very lucky with the weather, referrals and dubious umpiring so that is why our luck is due to change.

Not taking anything from Fintoff's effort he is a great sportsman and if anyone can win the ashes for England then he can. I just hope his knee packs in.

Have a nice day :)

Were you pissed when you posted that? Watch the second innings and tell me the Aussie's didn't get screwed by the umps. Wicket on a no ball,a catch that clearly hit the ground, caught behind when the ball missed the bat by 5 cm.

Yes the poms clearly outplayed us and deserved their win, but don't try and tell us you had more decisions go against you during the game.

Bring on the 3rd test.

Edited by moza7

Yes the poms clearly outplayed us and deserved their win,

Yes, see you at Edgbaston. We'll do you with or without KP. :Good_Job:

"Up to me" since 2005

Yes, see you at Edgbaston. We'll do you with or without KP. :D

Lets meet back here in 8 days and discuss the out come.

All the best.

Thank God Australians don't whinge about umpiring decisions the way the Poms did in the 2006-07 series when Shane Warne twice played decisive innings after he had been caught (or rather, according to the umpires, had not been). Sure, there have been some crap decisions, but there always have been - some you win, some you lose - but the umpire's decision is always right (even when it's wrong), unless and only unless you are playing Pakistan and things are not going their way so they take their ball home.

Just two obvious other observations:

* complaints about timewasting and gamesmanship simply hide the comparative inadeqacies of the Australian attack post-Warne - in the 2nd innings at Lords, Anderson (ex-rabbit) survived over 50 balls and Panesar (bunny pure and simple) over 30 balls. A toothless attack had all the time necessary to complete the job, but failed to do it.

* on the same subject, while Ponting has done much to clean up the sledging side of the game, I am from a generation that finds it rich to be lectured on sportmanship by supporters of the national team that concluded a one-day international against New Zealand by rolling under-arm the last ball of the match when their opponents required 6 to win.

When a man is tired of Pattaya, he is tired of life.

An Agent of DOOM - defenders of older men