IGNORED

Hotels with best WiFi

rabbitman

Any suggestions please on the hotels with the best wireless internet connection.

I play a lot of poker online and will be playing online to help fund my travels. I need a hotel with a stable connection that doesn't keep dropping out.

I'll be staying in Pattaya for about a month from the end of July.

It seems that every hotel has wifi, but I've had connections ranging from pretty much horrible to average. My suggestion especially since you're coming soon is to book a place that's a bit away from things for only 1 night. See how the internet works and then extend your stay there. Right now there are tons of deals around town and you can easily find tons of places to stay.

I've stayed in 3 places since I've been here here's my evaluation.

Secrets hotel - Bad internet - Probably due to the place being full all the time

Ring Guesthouse - Good internet - Solid and stable

New Nikom Court - Average Internet - I had 2 days it was horrible, every other day it's been good with the speeds increasing in off peak hours.

I think this is mostly dependent on the amount of guests in the hotel.

i was pleased with the wi fi, at pattaya bay resort, the conection was solid, decent speed aswell.

Thanks for the replies.

Think i'll give Pattaya Bay a go for a night and take it from there.

if you are looking for any live action PM me for details

Going to be booking a hotel in the next few days, for September. Am thinking about staying at BJ lodge on Sol3. Has aney one sayed there?

Dave

If you wanted somewhere cheaper Bay Breeze is ok with their free wifi, floor 5 is very fast

You might be better off staying in an apartment. I've stayed in three apartments in Pattaya that had ADSL LAN connections. Faster and more stable than a wireless connection.

If you're staying for a month then an apartment is probably going to be better value than a hotel. I stayed at one of Dancewatcher's condos recently, and it was great.

H.

"I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one." Jay Z, 99 Problems, The Black Album

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the additional info guys.

I wont be arriving until mid August now, sensible thing seems to be to get a place for the night and then have a look round.

I'll be in touch Blueboy.

• 2 weeks later...

Im coming to Pattaya in November and need good wifi for the same reason. Ive just checked out the Ring guesthouse website. Looks ok, can anyone give me more information about this place. Its cheap enough but what are the rooms like. Is it worth splashing out for the most expensive room. Thanks lads.

We have a lot faster and stronger connection since I went to a 5 meg connection speed and a couple of signal boosters.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Hey, I also play a lot of online poker (do it for a living) and will be arriving around on the 19th of August for a month. Although I'm not planning on staying in Patts the whole time. Wouldn't mind meeting up with you rabbitman and having a few weeks since it seems like we will be there around the same time. Hit me up on PM.

• 3 weeks later...

for those more tech savy than me.

ive downloaded the skype application for my iphone and it works like a charm with my wireless at home. so it should work fine with a wireless network at a hotel right? it just picks up the wireless network and away you go yeh?

• 2 weeks later...

It's easy for people to test the speeds and post results by using www.speedtest.net

Here's what I found when staying in Pattaya.

Nova Platinum- Terrible internet. Upload speed was the problem, could not do VOIP in room or reception area.

Metro Apartments - great internet speed, voip, etc

Armageddon Guesthouse- great internet speed, voip, etc

Speeds for these two places were 1.5-2.5mbps download and 150-300kb upload when I tested using speedtest.net.

There's a guest house around the corner on Soi Buakhao next to Club Blue (I think that's the name) and the rooms are boring but it has really fast internet. I think it's called Jasmine Inn. I didn't stay there, but I tested internet speed and it was 4mb download and 450k upload.

Edited by Scout

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Has anyone got any updates on this or similary with this thread?

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/72173-hotel-with-a-good-wifi-connection-in-rooms/page__view__findpost__p__1137629__hl__%2Bstable+%2Bwifi__fromsearch__1

I was looking for something 500-800 baht per night with decent wifi close to blah blah blah etc etc I dont care for swimming pools just wifi.

Thanks