IGNORED

Something fancy this time!

markus_welby

Thanks for all the responses!

It's taken me quite a while to work out where to stay, in fact it's been something of a saga, but I've finally done it.

Amari Suites were on the cards for a while, they offered me a corner suite for THB 3,100 per night which seemed OK, but the location and the fact the slighly smaller suites were only THB 2,000 put me off. Mostly I just realized I like playing in the 2nd Road/Soi Diana/LK Metro area at night, so location was going to be a serious problem.

Next on the list was the Royal Suite at Tim Boutique hotel. Great location. I decided to write to 'Tim', the Thai lady owner, because I've know her for years. This was not as easy as I imagined, and even though I included a small photo of me and specifically requested the email be passed on to Tim, I'm sure it wasn't. Even used her full name (Khun Sumruam Karnchaisri). But they just offered me the suite for 6,500, down from the 7,500 rate on the website, which was pretty goddamn insulting. Agoda and most other agencies don't provide a rate for the Royal Suite, but I had a good feeling I was getting ripped badly. Sure enough I found a rate online for THB 5,200 via the Scandi Bar on Soi 13: http://www.scandibar.com/hotel/tim-boutique/

I had some thinking to do. 5,200 still seemed like a large sum for such a small suite (78m2). But it was very girl friendly, great location, and I know the boss...so fuck it I decide to book.

But then came a reply to an email I'd forgotten I sent a couple days before to the LK Metropole. This is an even better location. And the rates they offered me are very realistic. Genuine low season rates, nothing insulting about them at all. So I decide fuck Tim's, the Metropole it is, I like they way they didn't try to rip me off.

I notice they are offering me the massive Metropole Suite for THB 8,500 per night if I stay for a week. It's usually THB 15,000 per night. Shit.

I'm going with the Metropole Suite. It's slightly blown my budget, but fuck me if it isn't 250 m2. What a monster. It's bigger than my house, and my house is not small. And it's the penthouse. With a spa. In a garden. On the roof.

:laugh:

So anyway, that problems solved, now it's just a matter of having a fun holiday. But I suspect that's not going to be too much trouble now.

If anyone's stayed there before, feedback would be appreciated. A few pix below:

Metro1.jpg

Metro2.jpg

Metro3.jpg

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science.

He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."

Albert Einstein

• 1 year later...

The biggest suite i see on there web site is 168sqm,were did you find the one you are going to stay at ?