IGNORED

what visa do i need

hillsy

Hi there, i live in Australia and i want to come to thailand to live next year, i will be 49yo i hear that i can get non o visa but i also have been told that i have to be 50 to get long stay. now i dont really care even if i have to do border runs every 3 mths. i just want to be there.

can somone help me.

thanks

hillsy.

Heard Border runs now only given 14 days visa from now on... My mates only got 14 days visa when he went to Cambodia and back....

Heard Border runs now only given 14 days visa from now on... My mates only got 14 days visa when he went to Cambodia and back....

You only get 14 days if you don't have a visa. If you have a visa, you get the normal 60/90 days applicable to the particular visa.

After you have turned 50 you can get a retirement visa and will not have to do boarder runs. You will have to report periodically. I don't really know the details of this visa. If you want to go before then try for a multiple entry non-immigrant type-O visa. They are easily obtainable in Perth and Brisbane. When you do a boarder run on this visa you will get 90 days each time. It would be worth investigating if this visa can be converted to a retirement visa after you have turned 50.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

You need a O visa to get a retirement visa, if your over 50 with 800,000 baht in a Thai bank for 3 months or part pension and funds

After you have turned 50 you can get a retirement visa and will not have to do boarder runs. You will have to report periodically. I don't really know the details of this visa. If you want to go before then try for a multiple entry non-immigrant type-O visa. They are easily obtainable in Perth and Brisbane. When you do a boarder run on this visa you will get 90 days each time. It would be worth investigating if this visa can be converted to a retirement visa after you have turned 50.

dont u have to be 50 for this visa also...

It is not a "retirement visa" it is an "Extension to stay owing to reason of retirement".

You can convert a type "O" visa that is issued in your home country.

Need to show 800,000bt in bank for 3 months or a regular monthly income of 60,000bt.

Then it is just a yearly renewal at your local immigration office

So you want to live in Isaan?   Tale of a journey started 1973 with a stepfather, arrive 2004, "Wife in Issan" 2017.......    ..            An unplanned, unknown and unforeseen  journey spanning 51 years ending well  !!

I've .... seen things ..... you people would never believe...............

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Not if you state its for "the purpose of visiting friends and relaitves" out there

That will get the OP over the finishing line to 50 when he can change the purpose to one of "retirement"

As td5855 pointed out above, its an extension of stay, and you can also change from the Non O visa to the Non O-A visa. This is also possible with a Tousist Visa too.

You will need to "season" the money in a Thai bank for a period of (i think) 3 months prior to applying for the extension. That means before you go for your 1st 90 day report to Immigration.

Best, if you can of it is to go the regular monthly income route as much as you can. That way you arent moving huge sums around, and leaving in a place where:

A) Interest rates for farangs arent the greatest in the world

B) Where its difficult to move back out again should you need to for any reason (like going back home, or moving on to another country)

If you cant come up with the 65k per month then you can do a combintation of the 2.

For instance if you have only 50,000 a month, then you would need 200,000 in a Thai bank.

This monthly income need NOT be brought into the Kingdom, but needs verifying by your home countries embassy in Thailand.

Another good thing about it is its calculated GROSS, therefore, irespective of any home country taxes taken.

HTH

Hedonist

No bad grammer or spelling mistakes here !!!!

Its the all new language i have invented called "Typonese"

Copies of the book and DVDs are on sale and are availible at the main desc at the exit sine