Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Visa for scotland/Ireland? does UK count?>

Ethan-ate

My TG who's currently in NYC will be returning to the UK to stay with me in August,I fancied taking her to Scotland or Ireland ,will her UK visa suffice? I assume 4 scotland it will ,we will fly in ,obviously driving wouldnt be a issue with no border control.

Would Edinburgh be the tourist place to go? safe?

Also when she flys back to BKK november her UK visa would of expired but since shes coming in from NYC and merely waiting at Heathrow for a connecting flight to BKK is any sort of transit visa needed?

Also short of actually buying a cheap flight I'm guessing there is noway 4 me to spend that boring wait time with her?

Thanks people

Scotland Counts becuase it is part of UK but not Ireland... But you can bring her To Nortern Ireland , (Part Of Uk) and go by bus or train or car to Ireland.. No border control there.. Easy/

Also when she flys back to BKK november her UK visa would of expired but since shes coming in from NYC and merely waiting at Heathrow for a connecting flight to BKK is any sort of transit visa needed?

No UK visa needed as she won't be passing through passport control.

Also short of actually buying a cheap flight I'm guessing there is noway 4 me to spend that boring wait time with her?

Thanks people

Unless you know which terminal she will be waiting in even buying a cheap flight would be problematic. Assuming you did know which terminal you would then have to make sure your cheap flight also flew from that term.

Good luck

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Would Edinburgh be the tourist place to go? safe?

The International Festival is on in August, so although it is the place to go accommodation can be ridiculously priced.

I really thought you were taking the piss re a Visa to Scotland.....

if she is only in transit when she is heading back to BKK then no visa is required as she will not be entering the country

Yeh I guessed we'd be fine but seems silly not 2 ask ,I know its UK visa after all. Should've gone 4 the schengan[sp] I guess in hindsight.

Cheers

yes jocky is 100% right,,my thai wife has no visa to go to south ireland but i take her al the time to dublin,,,we live in belfast north ireland ...

YOU SEE WE ALL JUST CAME FROM THE MACHINE FACTORY AND....SOMETIMES THE FACTORY MAKES BAD MACHINES THAT DONT WORK SO THEY PUT THEM HERE..THE BAD MACHINES DONT KNOW THAT THEY,RE BAD MACHINES..BUT THE PEOPLE AT THE FACTORY KNOW........THEY KNOW THAT YOU ARE ONE OF THE MACHINES THAT DOESNT WORK.

Scotland Counts becuase it is part of UK but not Ireland... But you can bring her To Nortern Ireland , (Part Of Uk) and go by bus or train or car to Ireland.. No border control there.. Easy/

but if she was stopped and her id checked she could be in trouble,my wife has to carry her immigration id with her when shes out and about or she could grt a minimum 3000 fine