IGNORED

1 month stay in Koh Samui Chaweng Beach

Can anyone recommend a 1 bedroom room/apartment for rental for a month?

I heard you can get places that work out at under 300 baht if you stay for a month? Where can I find this sort of place in Chaweng beach?

Any help would be great.

gk9qT.png

i went to chaweng once and everything was bloody expensive, try a less populated place on the island.

later GD

the general and his knights swept through the holy land towards certain victory.........

ok that makes sense, i wouldnt mind staying within 5 mins from chaweng, there has to be some housing districts just outside the beach.

Il wait for some more replies.

thanks

gk9qT.png

Lots of cheap accommodation on lamai. Still paying 300 may be stretching it. You can definitely get a fan room, that might not be too pretty at that price though. I did see some places at the end of the beach advertising 500 per night. I have no real specifics for you though.

Also on a final note, a month there seems way too long...

I stayed in Lamai for 150baht a night right on the beach as well (pretty basic fan room), and yes i month is way to long(i get bored after 4 days).

• 1 year later...

THis rates will be hard to find in Chaweng or Lamai. Better to check out Bhoput or Mae nam beach! Just rent a motorbike as you probably will need one in chaweng as well!

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

In Chaweng Beach you are looking at 500 baht and up for long stay withing walking distance to the beach, maybe across the mainroad in the inland you'll find cheaper or other more remote and quiete places around the island, but then you'll need your own transport.

Prices on Koh Samui has sky-rocketed the last 5 years or so, and is no more a place for cheap backpackers.

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

You can stay behind Green Mango for 8000 bhat a months + electricity.... nice rooms and close to everything... her is the phonenumber to the thaiman how owns the place +66817190345

You can stay behind Green Mango for 8000 bhat a months + electricity.... nice rooms and close to everything... her is the phonenumber to the thaiman how owns the place +66817190345

Stayed in a guesthouse for 10000 baht a month in that area a few years ago.

Aircon room a bit simple on the furniture but still OK, only problem noise from the Green Mango Disco kept me awake til the early morning hours!:rolleyes:

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

• 1 year later...

We asked once and during low season the lady at Vanda House in Lamai quoted 6000 THB per month for a VERY large room and free wifi. If you are going to Chawaeng then you must be a couple because on your own or with mates then you will spend all your money travelling to the beer bars in Lamai. That is where all the girls are and you will need a diversion during a month. One week max would be enough to see everything and drive to other places around the island.

For a one month stay I would say:

3 days Bangkok, maybe Khao San Road.

4 days Chiang Mai, do elephant trekking, river rafting, handicrafts etc.

3-4 days Phuket. Visit James Bond Island and marine park, hire a car to go round Phuket see the sites go to Hollywood in Patong.

Ferry to Phi Phi for two days relaxing on beach, swimming and bars at night on beach.

Ferry to Koh Lanta for 2 days.

Ferry to Krabi maybe Rayling beach by water taxi.

Fly to Bangkok and bus to Pattaya. Long stay here and Nong Nooch Gardens, Mini Siam, markets, floating market, bars and nightclubs, GoGo's and beer bars. 1000's of girls. Swimming next to white sand beaches on Koh Larn island (30THB ferry)

Trips to Koh Chang and Koh Samet.

I can recommend all this because I have done it over the years.