IGNORED

Pattaya -> U-Tapao

abarei

Hi Fellas!

I'm leaving town on Wednesday and I have to go to the Utapao Airport.

What is the safest way to get there? I don't want to wait three hours for my cab driver and I don't think I can get there with a normal baht ride.

So I guess I will have to book that trip. Any ideas where to book it and how much will I have to pay for the it? Don't wanna get ripped off...

cheers :OK1:

Hi Fellas!

What is the safest way to get there? I don't want to wait three hours for my cab driver and I don't think I can get there with a normal baht ride.

So I guess I will have to book that trip. Any ideas where to book it and how much will I have to pay for the it? Don't wanna get ripped off...

hi

i play golf not far from there ask a bhatt bus to take you cost maybe 400 bhatt that what it cost me last time just ask

cheers chris :)

Wriggley Tin 1

You could try asking at a travel agent about minibuses to Utapao

When I have flown into the airport they have minibuses waiting outside so they may have them going to the airport to match up with departure times of the airlines.

How long is the drive from Pattaya to Utapao and how much in advance do you have to be there for a bangkok Air flight to Samui?

Take an aircon cab there the minibuses take a long time as you go everywhere picking up other passengers.

Travel time is about 1 hour.

Not much of an airport small cafe that's it.

Have fun in samui great place to visit.

"A man does what he can until his destiny is revealed"

There's light at the end of this long tunnel

Mh... Yeah... Aircon cab seems reasonable, but there aren't many crossing the road.

Guess I should ask at the reception in my hotel...

Thanks guys

Hi Fellas!

Never had to wait 3 hours for a cab driver in Thailand in my life. You can usually arrange for a taxi to take you to U-tapao airport at your reception desk. Alternatively, you can find numerous taxi booths along 2nd Rd and Beach Rd. Travel time to U-tapao is approximately 45 - 60 minutes.

You can also go to a travel agent and book a shuttle bus, with this option you will need to be picked up approximately 60minutes earlier than you would if you had a private taxi because shuttle buses tend to go all around Pattaya picking up people.

If you get a private taxi the driver will usually ask you when you are coming back and if you would like to be picked up? This is usually a cheaper option than using the taxis/mini buses from the airpot.

If when you get to U-tapao you find yourself at the back of a very long line of Russians waiting to go through baggage x-ray keep an eye out for a BangkokAir representative identify yourself that you are going to Ko Samui and he will walk you trough to the front of the line.

Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...
Never had to wait 3 hours for a cab driver in Thailand in my life. You can usually arrange for a taxi to take you to U-tapao airport at your reception desk. Alternatively, you can find numerous taxi booths along 2nd Rd and Beach Rd. Travel time to U-tapao is approximately 45 - 60 minutes.

You can also go to a travel agent and book a shuttle bus, with this option you will need to be picked up approximately 60minutes earlier than you would if you had a private taxi because shuttle buses tend to go all around Pattaya picking up people.

If you get a private taxi the driver will usually ask you when you are coming back and if you would like to be picked up? This is usually a cheaper option than using the taxis/mini buses from the airpot.

If when you get to U-tapao you find yourself at the back of a very long line of Russians waiting to go through baggage x-ray keep an eye out for a BangkokAir representative identify yourself that you are going to Ko Samui and he will walk you trough to the front of the line.

Hope that helps.

Crane & Co have the transport contract. Call Bangkok Airways for their number. They will pick you up from your hotel. Price 250 baht.

travel agents will book you on a mini bus takes about 50 mins

any holes a goal