IGNORED

Buriram Province

Braveheart

Buri Ram (Thai: บุรีรัมย์) is one of the north-eastern provinces (changwat) of Thailand. To the south-east it borders Oddar Meancheay of Cambodia.

Like many of Isan provinces, it was once part of a great Khmer Empire, as evident in the Khmer ruins and large population of ethnic Khmers. The name Buri Ram means City of happiness ( The Thai word Buri is a derivative of the Khmer word Borey ). Buriram is located at the southern end of the Khorat Plateau, with several extinct volcanoes around the province.

Buri Ram was a settlement from the Khmer empire, and many ruins from that time are still visible there. The biggest of them on an extinct volcano is protected in the Phanom Rung historical park.

42% of the population speak Khmer.

The provincial seal shows the Phanom Rung sandstone castle, a Hindu shrine of the Shivaite sect. The monument was in use from the 9th till the 12th century when the Khmer Empire was overthrown from Ayutthaya. It is now a historic park.

The provincial flower is the Yellow Cotton Tree (Cochlospermum regium), and the provincial tree is the Pink Shower (Cassia grandis).

The province is subdivided into 21 districts (Amphoe) and 2 minor districts (King Amphoe). The districts are further subdivided into 189 communes (tambon) and 2212 villages (muban).

Extracted from Wikipedia: Buriram Province

Same for me.

The girl I stayed with for 11 days on my last trip was from Buriram. :o

nok03.jpg

I thought it was Bulilam until I looked on a map. :)

Do they all have blue fingernails in Buriram? :o

Edited by chrisbrewer

Next trip April 30 – can't fucking wait.

woody you've got to do something about that keyboard. Everytime I read one of your posts I burst out laughing. :)

This was the place of my biggest mistake in my relationships with Thai women.

There is a hill with a golden Bhuddah just outside the town.

It as on a visit there that resulted in the most embarrasing moment of my life.

I have posted it before in full on three boards. I dont know why I told people. But most were sympathetic.

You couldnt make it up. :P

I havnt kept copies. But if anyone wants to know about the day I was lost in Issan. I could be persuaded. :LMAO1:

Edited by otherway

By all means otherway don't leave the good folks here hanging. Spill the beans and tell us the story. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I know a fair few girls in Pattaya from Bulilam hehe, few in BKK as well, all stunners!

I am thinking about it. But you will have to promise you wont laugh. :Crappy:

That would take all the fun out of it. Wouldn't it? :Evil_Grin2:

• 1 month later...
I am thinking about it. But you will have to promise you wont laugh. :D

How long do you have to think about it? Or did you post it somewhere else?

• 2 weeks later...
This was the place of my biggest mistake in my relationships with Thai women.

There is a hill with a golden Bhuddah just outside the town.

It as on a visit there that resulted in the most embarrasing moment of my life.

I have posted it before in full on three boards. I dont know why I told people. But most were sympathetic.

You couldnt make it up. :Fuck_Knows:

I havnt kept copies. But if anyone wants to know about the day I was lost in Issan. I could be persuaded. :07:

did the buddah,,never again!!! it got steeper and steeper i thought i was going to die.

I had planned on doing a rocky balboa at the top but turned out just lying flat on the top step recovering

beautiful view though

the tg i stayed with on my last trip was from Buriram. great girl..she took very good care of me!

Edited by lespaul5000

• 3 weeks later...

My tgf is from just south of Buriram and have done the Pattaya -Buriram return trips many times .............great area for doing very little very slowly.

• 2 weeks later...

My first trip to pattaya i met a girl from buli lam on the first night and stayed with her for the entire seven nights. Awesome girl. Will be sure to visit there on my next trip.

STUPID HURTS!!!!!

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Same for me. The girl I stayed with for 11 days on my last trip was from Buriram.  :Party1: I thought it was Bulilam until I looked on a map.  :PDo they all have blue fingernails in Buriram?  :rolleyes:
i wondered about that as well but all the boys seem 2 have there nails done aswell when i was there in april dont know if it had anything 2 do with songhkranand yes most of the girls i talked 2 in buriran ever worked in pattaya or bkk was just in buriram 2 see there familys 4 the hoilday buriram is a great place a nice place just 2 go and relax and see some great temples

it aint easy bein sleazy

come and do the kii romance dance

bill oddie can spot your beaver from miles away

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...