IGNORED

Tiger goes to Melbourne

beenthere

For all the Aussies, Tiger Airways has announced that its new Australian base will be at Melbourne-Darwin missed out. That means for all you Melbournians cheap, cheap flights to Asia.

Yea!!!!

Any idea when they are starting up?

Member since Dec 06.

As far as I know Tiger is just doing domestic not long haul.

Think they're also going to be operating out of the Gold Coast but my understanding is that it's domestic only

Yeah, domestic only, but if they fly to Perth or Darwin you're laughing. Eg Darwin to Bangkok is only 45 bucks, but taxes and fees are 196, even so, a cheap trip. Perth flights are good too. Probably two flights with Tiger ( connecting) will still be cheaper than with a big carrier from southern capitals to LOS, but we will see.

I've no idea when they are starting out, try their website, there is an announcement about it, and you can sign up for email notification of news.

www.tigerairways.com