IGNORED

samsonite hardcases.

Slapman

in aus the big size ones are about $300 / 7,500 baht.

has anyone seen "knock off/copies" in thailand ?. they seem to copy everything else on the planet no probs.

samsonite_aaaaaa.jpg

Edited by slapman

I strictly use the samsonite spinner breifcase, that has wheels that let it roll in any direction. Like the one above appears to do.

I have seen samsonite sold in LOS, but I am pretty sure they were original. Many places do have them, and they are a lot cheaper in LOS for the one I bought there. No telling about pricing though in LOS.. that could change between ST's on Soi 6..... just depends on how good business has been....

And not like you would think...... If they are having bad business, the price goes up not down, so they can still make the same amount per day... go figure

Buy a good one at home.

Feed an Auz.

S C

i've bought a couple knock off luggage pieces in los and all ended up being shit! i'd spend the money on the real thing though i'm no big fan of samsonite.

Edited by deadwood

Buy a good one at home.

Feed an Auz.

S C

feed an oz, make an american a bit richer !, but fair call, we win !.

i've bought a couple knock off luggage pieces in los and all ended up being shit! i'd spend the money on the real thing though i'm no big fan of samsonite.

hahaha, guess what just happened to me. i buy alot of stuff on ebay.

i bought this sony 32 gig usb drive, got it today and it went silly after loading 2 gigs onto it.

and then i found this. (2nd link).

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=280360506996

http://reviews.ebay.com.au/BEWARE-of-FAKE-...000000000706427

I tried to find a new Samsonite in Pattaya 2 years back, when my old one was cut open, but with no luck. Only sell in Bangkok was the standard answer everywhere. Ended up with some unknown to me, probably Thai brand, that has been working ok.

Anyone know where to pick up a Samsonite there, if I should have the need at a later point?

Tor

Live for today, gone tomorrow, that's me.... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha (Roger The Hat - Pink Floyd roadie)

Many off brand products are great , But Luggage seems to be one product where the Brand names really do have better quality . Theres not much worse than watching you bag arrive on the carousel ripped to shreds ! Even thought they are all made in asian countries the western brands seem to be built a lot better . Some of the large department stores have their own house brands which can be as good at the "samsonites"

the thai stuff has always had horribly cheap attachments for the handles for me. with so much of that asian knock off stuff the cosmetics are great but the basics are lacking. i'm really hard on luggage and got tired of losing wheels on samsonites. now i go with victorinox. lifetime guarantee! they're as good as their knives!

Edited by deadwood

Agree with briggs-riley--great bags with lifetime warranty. Mine is almost ten years old. No problems. (knock on wood!)

What... service... may I do you? Hmmm? You know I demand payment.--- I brought payment. Look! BAM!! An undead monkey! Top that!

2A2A2C5401C889635E9B5481680DBAF6.png

babydollsaddict.gif

Got a Briggs & Riley on a recommendation from the salesperson at a luggage outlet. I thought it was a bit of a ripoff by the high price, but seemed like a well-made bag so took a chance. Four years later, after lots of domestic travel, a few trips to Mexico, and about 12 trips to LOS - traveling around Thailand extensively every time, and that is the only bag still with me - beaten and dirtied, but not so much as a broken zipper.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

For heavy traveling(every week) hartmann is the best quality and then Tumi.

thanks for all the top advice, i've looked up all the brands mentioned, some are really good but too pricey to justify.

decided to buy one here in perth, probably samsonite as first planned.

i use one of these for keeping my laptop safe in my room :10of10Score:

O you who turn the wheel and look to windward, Consider Phlebas, who was once handsome and tall as you.

For guys trying to buy a Samsonite in Patt, is a Samsonite store in the new mall (Central festival)1st floor if i'm not mistaking,they had in the last few weeks 50% off on certain suitcases. Is also a Samsonite store in the outlet shoping area (next to the market).

Number6-01.jpg

The prisoner: “I’m not a number, I’m a free manâ€

A gogo girl: "i'm not a number, i'm a free woman"

• 3 weeks later...

RCO-2415_d.jpg

cheapest sturdiest bag in the world

"I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one."

5 more weeks in the desert. :)

I've got 3 Samsonite cases - only one bought in BKK & it is still going strong. Bought it because my other case was knackered at the MBK. But I usually buy my stuff in the UK.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't had a problem with my Tumis which traveled about 300,000 miles so far.

My previous Samsonite lasted only about a fifth of that.

For price per quality, I think it's hard to beat Briggs & Riley too.

And when it comes to luggage, the proper ones are generally much higher quality than knock offs.

If you travel once or twice a year, cheap imitation would be good enough, but if you travel more than that, get a genuine luggage.

Delsey cases I had some years back but now I have some cheap Thai cases.

I have seen sams in MBK Bangkok.