IGNORED

registering a domain name, making a website and SEO stuff

noodles

I want to register a domain name and want to know what people think of SEO (search engine optimization) stuff when dealing with a hyphenated domain name.

Do people think it's better to have a hyphenated or un-hyphenated domain name in regards to SEO and google rankings?

I have a 2 word domain name i want to register. Maybe i should register both hyphenated and un-hyphenated versions?

As a basic rule, i've been told to never have more than one hyphen and also try and use a key word in the domain name.

Any other tips?

PS: anyone interested in doing a website for me or can put me onto someone who knows what they are doing?

I haven't got a clue what you are talking about but I think you will find if she a virgin she's got one if she isn't she hasn't. :)

Al.

What Milo said.....

Eat. Down. South.

Take a look here & here. Also Digital Point is a great forum for learning about SEO.

What Milo said.....

what did he say?

For seo hyphenated or not doesn't really make any difference. The non hyphenated domain would have more value though and is easier for most people to remember. If the non hyphenated is available I would go with that 1st.

If you have big plans for the website get both hyphenated and un-hyphenated versions if they are available.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

If you think you have a really good domain name get it every way you can, .com .net and .org Personally I do not think having a - between the two words is a big deal traffic count wise..a least for me and I have a couple hundred domain names for a Thailand real estate project of mine (which is losing a ton of money every month, so what do I know)

samuijim

Avatar...Hillary says to Bill, let's name her Monica

If you think you have a really good domain name get it every way you can, .com .net and .org Personally I do not think having a - between the two words is a big deal traffic count wise..a least for me and I have a couple hundred domain names for a Thailand real estate project of mine (which is losing a ton of money every month, so what do I know)

samuijim

How are you losing money, I do seo for my living, you must be losing it elsewhere?

If you have big plans for the website get both hyphenated and un-hyphenated versions if they are available.

Buy both, but use only ONE! The other should do a 301 redirect to the correct one probably.

Otherwise, you split your inbound links and instead of having one site ranking like #1 or #2 or whatever, you end up with two ranking #5 and #6; which would you prefer? Or one ranking #5 and two ranking 15 and 16. You get the idea.

How are you losing money, I do seo for my living, you must be losing it elsewhere?

If he has 100s for pattaya real estate, it's easy to see that he could be losing money. Unless chosen carefully and built up over time with the right keywords and inbound links (versus just cross linking them), how would he be making money?

give me a call if you need advice I have a site you can read

Howdy homeboy,

Could you post the site as others may get into this kind of thing in future.

Me included.

:laugh:

Daddy wants to pound the brown!!

• 2 weeks later...

Having a domain name which includes your keywords does not make any difference to how spider friendly your site is and has no bearing what so ever on search results.

I looked into this years ago and the results were nil.

Also I operated a web based business with a hyphenated domain name for over 7 years and it was and still is very successful.

So if your worried about a hyphenated domain name not getting results please think again.

I will post the link to my previous site if a Moderator gives permission.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

I want to register a domain name and want to know what people think of SEO (search engine optimization) stuff when dealing with a hyphenated domain name.

Do people think it's better to have a hyphenated or un-hyphenated domain name in regards to SEO and google rankings?

I have a 2 word domain name i want to register. Maybe i should register both hyphenated and un-hyphenated versions?

As a basic rule, i've been told to never have more than one hyphen and also try and use a key word in the domain name.

Any other tips?

PS: anyone interested in doing a website for me or can put me onto someone who knows what they are doing?

Hello all....I am a domain junkie, From way back in time (1994 )which was the start of the domain gold rush many people would register a domain both ways www.blabla.com and www.bla-bla.com What seems to happen now is most of the domain junkie's will only register www.blabla.com AND www.blabla.net If you have a REALLY good domain name in your opinion and it is available, register it in every way you can...you will sleep better and it really will not cost you much. I use directnic because it is so easy to forward your domain to another domain address...PM me if I can answer any more questions.........One last thing, if you look around you will find many very popular hyphenated web sites, like this one....samuijim

Edited by samuijim

Avatar...Hillary says to Bill, let's name her Monica